What's new

Narendra Modi is damaging India’s economy as well as its democracy-the Economist

I don't understand this thread.

Indians have shown that they don't care about economy, hunger, etc etc.
They are willing to go to sleep hungry and have their children starve as long as some Muslim out there gets a beating and Modi Jee threatens Pakistan.

That is the only thing you need to do to win elections in India.

As long as you live in a bubble, over-relying on largely leftie media to set the overton window and analysis (economically and politically)...there will be many things you don't understand. It's really that simple.

Go out there, visit some villages (sample them randomly yourself as you care to) where the "other" half live (that leftie talking heads pretend to give a damn about and yabber on media about) ..ask those folks directly the impact of building toilets, providing banking services (esp. so subsidy can be given direct), gas connections and that whole gamut of things.

If you have no time for any of that (because time on this forum is much more precious instead, being obsequious and pandering to same ole crappy trolls here in some time waste drama as I have observed regd you and a few others here)...at least look up the electrification NASA maps from before and after over the years.

These things matter in the end, much much more to how people judge their situation....compared to some GDP number drama that are heavily skewed to asset inflation locked in 1% market cap portfolio sheets to begin with.

The verdict clearly is what Modi did on the ground is far better than the "rural employment scheme" that silent sardar set out doing in ad hoc futile way in 1st term (and then compounded it with continued and increasing reckless supply side subsidies in 2nd term).

But silent sardar, as much as the scams did come home to roost in the end for his admin....at least perceivably looked like he half gave a damn about India and improving it.

Now that lot's chosen one is a claimed grown up man-child that can't decide if it feels more at home in bangkok massage parlour or some hindutva-stronk temple tour....all because it has a certain surname and silver spoon stuck up its rear...put there by waitress momma.

Yah keep not understanding how the mandate increased. It's time for that political craphole to be totally destroyed so something actually half-worthwhile that gives a damn can take it place. Give us something like Scindia-Pilot alliance running the show....I'll at least bother to analyse it then....whats the hold up with this man-child and ilk staying around like debris in a plugged drain?
pmc bank scandal . all key players is from bjp . :)
u think the kisaan dying on daily basis will vote for him ?
or corors of jobless people who were promised a job will vote ?
or the peoples wo lost their jobs will vote?
or peoples buying expensive vegetables will vote for him?
you think minorities will vote for him?
its just hijacked indian election commission which makes bjp win :) .

I don't understand this thread.

Indians have shown that they don't care about economy, hunger, etc etc.
They are willing to go to sleep hungry and have their children starve as long as some Muslim out there gets a beating and Modi Jee threatens Pakistan.

That is the only thing you need to do to win elections in India.

This is possibles as many Indians are conditioned to hate Pakistan more than loving their own country.

At least he knows what is poojaing for.some don't even know what they are worshipping.stupid no
th

waah Modiji waah
- Mahatma Modi.
Don't insult the saintly Mahatma with this heinous RSS murderer who is linked with the murder of Mahatma.

I don’t like Modi or BJP but the lack of options makes him the best choice out there. Sad. :(
haw about martial law ? from kashmir to kanyakumari n from manipur to gujarat all will be in peace.
actually i would like to know why pellet guns are not used in the rest of country when there is widespread riots (which involves burning, stone throwing,killing)
now that 370 is gone for good, all anti riot forces should use pellet guns. one country, one treatment.

As long as you live in a bubble, over-relying on largely leftie media to set the overton window and analysis (economically and politically)...there will be many things you don't understand. It's really that simple.

Go out there, visit some villages (sample them randomly yourself as you care to) where the "other" half live (that leftie talking heads pretend to give a damn about and yabber on media about) ..ask those folks directly the impact of building toilets, providing banking services (esp. so subsidy can be given direct), gas connections and that whole gamut of things.

If you have no time for any of that (because time on this forum is much more precious instead, being obsequious and pandering to same ole crappy trolls here in some time waste drama as I have observed regd you and a few others here)...at least look up the electrification NASA maps from before and after over the years.

These things matter in the end, much much more to how people judge their situation....compared to some GDP number drama that are heavily skewed to asset inflation locked in 1% market cap portfolio sheets to begin with.

The verdict clearly is what Modi did on the ground is far better than the "rural employment scheme" that silent sardar set out doing in ad hoc futile way in 1st term (and then compounded it with continued and increasing reckless supply side subsidies in 2nd term).

But silent sardar, as much as the scams did come home to roost in the end for his admin....at least perceivably looked like he half gave a damn about India and improving it.

Now that lot's chosen one is a claimed grown up man-child that can't decide if it feels more at home in bangkok massage parlour or some hindutva-stronk temple tour....all because it has a certain surname and silver spoon stuck up its rear...put there by waitress momma.

Yah keep not understanding how the mandate increased. It's time for that political craphole to be totally destroyed so something actually half-worthwhile that gives a damn can take it place. Give us something like Scindia-Pilot alliance running the show....I'll at least bother to analyse it then....whats the hold up with this man-child and ilk staying around like debris in a plugged drain?

Sitting in Canada it's very easy to condemn someone or his views for the party in power. It is also very rich that you accuse me of not being aware of the ground realities or not trying to study the situation. I LIVE here, unlike you and I experience life here unlike you on a daily basis. And since i live here, I talk to people of all walks of life too about politics. Most people who voted for Modi the second time did not vote for his performance on the economy or an improved standard of living. Even his most staunch supporters say categorically that he hasn't delivered on the economy yet. Reasons vary from Hinduism to no other option. I lost my own job in July due to low economic activity. I am a lawyer who worked for a top law firm till recently in Delhi and I am yet to find another job. I know others like me too.

I won't go into further detail with someone who doesn't live here and has no idea wtf he is talking about, yet has the galls to lecture me. Just a hint, if Parle G has to lay off thousands of workers, wtf are we even discussing here.

Sitting in Canada it's very easy to condemn someone or his views for the party in power. It is also very rich that you accuse me of not being aware of the ground realities or not trying to study the situation. I LIVE here, unlike you and I experience life here unlike you on a daily basis. And since i live here, I talk to people of all walks of life too about politics. Most people who voted for Modi the second time did not vote for his performance on the economy or an improved standard of living. Even his most staunch supporters say categorically that he hasn't delivered on the economy yet. Reasons vary from Hinduism to no other option. I lost my own job in July due to low economic activity. I am a lawyer who worked for a top law firm till recently in Delhi and I am yet to find another job. I know others like me too.

I won't go into further detail with someone who doesn't live here and has no idea wtf he is talking about, yet has the galls to lecture me. Just a hint, if Parle G has to lay off thousands of workers, wtf are we even discussing here.
Both of you are right.
Modi has changed the way subsidies are handed out in rural India. It has largely eliminated the pilferation that used to occur in the supply chain and caste based discrimination with only voting blocks getting benefits has also been done away with. Full marks to him there. Even getting e governance and reducing red tape deserves credit.

But the economy is in doldrums. There is no business except entertainment which isn't feeling the pinch. The GST implementation has been haphazard. You pay input taxes and they take their own time to pay you back. It sucks money out of the system. De monetization was horrible - it wasn't even technically de Mon since he just replaced currency notes.

If Congress economic policies had been continued with the social welfare implementation of how Modi did it - it would have been a win-win.

OK enjoy your productive time cry-taunting the same trolls in here, instead of improving your lot on your end. Or taking me super serious and personal when I like being a bit of edgy devils advocate....you want me to sugar coat everythign for you, be super nice? Or gotta be one of those trolls you keep harping on an on with in one liners here, as though someone changes their opinion in the end, or gets some compromise on something.

After all you are the one whining about HOW/WHY larger mandate based on your simpleton situation and whatever confirmation bias falls your way from whichever talking head living in another bubble. My answer is simple, go out there and talk to people, real masses of people where they are found if you want to know. If you dont want to know for yourself and want everything coming your way super transparent and completely undoctored by whichever other stream....ok thats your choice too.....just try temper the "why whyyyyy whyyyy hoooowwww?" when those streams get their stuff completely wrong in the end.

I am "sitting in Canada" after all. Yeah I have never been to a village (or many villages and towns) in India ever (forget recently) asking them about how life is there now compared to before or participating in veryfying whether what I and others give is being put to actual use as was promised. When I am back in Canada, there is no way for this information to continue to come my way either, its all super insulated in todays world. Woe is me.

And anyway after all their hundreds and thousands of votes mean little compared to some lawyer guy between A - tier jobs right? If some lawyer is suffering, man the peons and peasants must be getting crushed.....this vote result does not make sense....the hindutva intolerance stronk thought is just that stronk in the end. Energy use map from space shows different? NASA is clearly in on it....they part of the modi alliance!:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/asia/india-nasa-satellite-night-trnd/index.html

Some random Parle-G quip about layoffs (with zero context) is super systematic in comparison....how dare the dude clear up what he meant: https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...-on-layoffs/story-G2N4IYsC5aQ0x9rINe8EHN.html

Meanwhile your clown of a dolt running the dolt party of India still taking his foreign holidays to bangkok....right when he's needed the most (at least one would think, maybe they send him away instead to help lol). Man having a silver spoon up rear can be so stressful! I ask again, whats the big holdup in changing the dolt party to finally a full meritocracy non-dynast party? Wouldn't it at least change something needing a change and pose some quality challenge to the big party now?

If Congress economic policies had been continued

Explain what you even mean by this lol. There was a huge change in ease of doing business under congress rule by any reforms and bureaucracy changes of note? Something else I am missing?

All I saw under silent sardar was use of the momentum from NDA in term 1 to do squat + a little tinkering....leave everything alone and let the engine kind of coast...in the great hot money asset inflation kind of way.

UPA 2 was...oh crap SHTF in world market situation, time to pile on more subsidies and cut capex as far as govt goes....and still do zilch in actual reform. Then add some scams and crap on top of it. It all took terrible toll on India opportunity cost (given the blow back from fiscal operating pressure and absolute static malaise in reform valve to relieve it), at least 1 or 2 trillion in nominal USD at this point downstream.

OK enjoy your productive time cry-taunting the same trolls in here, instead of improving your lot on your end. Or taking me super serious and personal when I like being a bit of edgy devils advocate....you want me to sugar coat everythign for you, be super nice? Or gotta be one of those trolls you keep harping on an on with in one liners here, as though someone changes their opinion in the end, or gets some compromise on something.

After all you are the one whining about HOW/WHY larger mandate based on your simpleton situation and whatever confirmation bias falls your way from whichever talking head living in another bubble. My answer is simple, go out there and talk to people, real masses of people where they are found if you want to know. If you dont want to know for yourself and want everything coming your way super transparent and completely undoctored by whichever other stream....ok thats your choice too.....just try temper the "why whyyyyy whyyyy hoooowwww?" when those streams get their stuff completely wrong in the end.

I am "sitting in Canada" after all. Yeah I have never been to a village (or many villages and towns) in India ever (forget recently) asking them about how life is there now compared to before or participating in veryfying whether what I and others give is being put to actual use as was promised. When I am back in Canada, there is no way for this information to continue to come my way either, its all super insulated in todays world. Woe is me.

And anyway after all their hundreds and thousands of votes mean little compared to some lawyer guy between A - tier jobs right? If some lawyer is suffering, man the peons and peasants must be getting crushed.....this vote result does not make sense....the hindutva intolerance stronk thought is just that stronk in the end. Energy use map from space shows different? NASA is clearly in on it....they part of the modi alliance!:

Some random Parle-G quip about layoffs (with zero context) is super systematic in comparison....how dare the dude clear up what he meant: https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...-on-layoffs/story-G2N4IYsC5aQ0x9rINe8EHN.html

Meanwhile your clown of a dolt running the dolt party of India still taking his foreign holidays to bangkok....right when he's needed the most (at least one would think, maybe they send him away instead to help lol). Man having a silver spoon up rear can be so stressful! I ask again, whats the big holdup in changing the dolt party to finally a full meritocracy non-dynast party? Wouldn't it at least change something needing a change and pose some quality challenge to the big party now?

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...-on-layoffs/story-G2N4IYsC5aQ0x9rINe8EHN.html

Did you even read the article you posted ?

“The facts have been hyped by media. The condition of job loss is actually an eventuality if our demand for lesser tax rates is not met"

It is not a fact that people have lost their jobs by now. The fact is that we cannot continue with the same number of manpower if we are not having the same production volume as earlier."

By this date in August, Parle G may not have laid off people but is clearly threatening to, thanks to policies of this government. Now whether the lay offs actually happened or not, the fact that they were being seriously considered till August, tells you something.

Oh btw, this is latest -

https://theprint.in/economy/indians-are-not-buying-underwear-thats-how-bad-the-economy-is/309673/

Oh and one more thing-

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...esh-in-global-hunger-index-1609757-2019-10-16

Oh and btw, why was your "beloved government" (in the country which you left) caught hiding unemployment data which is highest in 4 decades just before the general elections which led to resignations as well ?

https://www.businesstoday.in/top-st...ness-to-tackle-unemployment/story/315310.html

There is so much more out there. Anyone who is not a blind bhakt can see.

I would like to add, that this "lawyer guy", lives in India and talks to people on a daily basis, which includes uber drivers, auto drivers, slum dwellers etc and knows that many people are voting for BJP despite the economy and there is absolutely nothing wrong in wondering why and having an open discussion about the possible reasons. Especially as someone who lives here.

Thirdly, only a "simpleton" mind can assume that criticizing Modi govt. on the economy can automatically be deduced to mean that the critic must be a supporter of "his" clown dolt running off to Bangkok for whatever. It escapes your simpleton mind that perhaps the Modi govt. critic did not vote for the dolt and his party in the last two elections and perhaps he too at some point believed in Modi's smart city promises in 2014 and voted for him only to find in 2019 that forget about smart cities, half of his country's cities were sinking during the Monsoons.

Fourthly, having lived in India all these years and closely seen the downfall of left leaning politics in India along with the Congress, I would suggest that you and your kind leave the space open for opposing views without deriding with your smarta$$ sounding sarcastic comments. This is the very approach the left leaners used to take when they completely deprived those questioning their ways of being able to respectfully challenge the extant dispensation in the country and they were replied to in kind by the country including myself by bring the BJP into power with a huge mandate in 2014. If you and your like follow the same formula now, the downfall of this thought process and it's proponent party is also not far away.

And please don't taunt me about what I do with my time on this forum. It's really nobody's business, to put it mildly and as respectfully as I can. I come here to pass my time and to tackle some propaganda against my country and to learn somethings about our neighbours, the good, the bad and the ugly. I am quite satisfied with that.

Last edited:
Did you even read the article you posted ?

Yep...waaaaah threats to layoff if we dont get lower tax rate.

*Hypothetically gives lower tax rate to this one off complaining company* = SUIT BOOT SARKAR CONFIRMED lol.

Gotta love that catch 22 your lot always set up. Policy waah = policy wonk. Corporate waaah = corporate bad. LOL.

Its obvious you dont talk to zilch that matters in the end past your bubble....otherwise you would never ask "whyyyyyyy, hoooooooow" in the first place.

"Nick Indian"....*posts pic of kal penn cuz progressivisms*...changes name to "Gandhi G in da house"...so clever, so fun....yet continues to play his dumb knock knock who's there game with the same trolls in here.

Its just funny how serious you take all I say to you..."dont assume, dont assume"....except when you are the one doing the assuming.

May congress party die a horrible nasty death...they still dont get it, and refuse to. Only their destruction means a phoenix can form after. That will be the actual end result hopefully for two terms of Modi...or maybe even longer who knows.

So if you don't like the alternative ppl have, you put pressure on fixing that or starting something else. Practice what you preach, like Gandhi G.

Its better than whining endlessly about why and howw people could dare to vote (in whatever way they judge and analyse regd their immediate basic priorities) for someone given some particular waaah-predicament you or your little cabal-posse in your little bubble think is the be all end all issue.

I mean the 90% of people out there inhabiting the country that were literally shitting outside each day, using firewood still for cooking+killing their lungs by that, had to make time each year for travel to city to do basic banking (or just avoid and suffer that altogether), had to keep using kerosene lamps still instead of electricity....all the while because some silent sardar decided its just best to fork out taxpayer money to supply side (benefitting the largest consumers in the end) instead of attempting to do something to help target the actual 90% in the end....and rely on hot money asset inflation to keep the white collar funny boys happy. But no, some city dweller funny boy knows much better....hes talked to enough you see, but still wonders. It just doesn't compute. The "I know better than those that vote in much larger number than my kind" really leads to productive debate in the end after all.

Really, do keep going on about how bad life is for you and your typical lot in comparison....a lawyer and his good ole gang living in the city complaining about white collar jobs coz there isnt as much hot money asset inflation (that in the end kept the 90% suffering and stagnant) like before.

I'm sure its great listening I've never heard anywhere before. I should totally not look at what the actual job, investment and socio-economic performance numbers say, across the board in the end at the time scale of relevance from all various perspectives. Nah its just far better to cherry pick with confirmation bias and add my personal waah drama to it. When challenged say...look I got others in the same waah drama. Its not a bubble at all in the end.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom