What's new

Namak Haram Vent their Frustration on Pakistani Fans in Sharjah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidents like this are very rare. The group
who started trouble with us were early 20’s who had come to the UK alone and had claimed asylum. They were living together with no families or females. Its mostly the single, thuggery ones who can’t shake off the “back home” mentality. They can’t fight as most of us are trained in boxing/mma and they either fight in a group or its like 10 of them and 2 of us. They will use weapons whilst we mostly fight with our hands. They are cowards and have run away from Afghanistan but still thing they are superior to Pakistani’s. Compare the Kurds who also came at the same time to the UK as the Afghans. Same routes via under lorries or boats with fake asylum cases….the Kurds are much more successful and settled even they pull a lot if benefit fraud, VAT fraud, smuggling and selling duty free cigarettes.
I celebrated 14th August in Pakistan and along the islamabad highway I saw an Afghan riding a motorbike with an Afghan flag attached to it. Not a single driver or pedestrian said anything to him.

I think the current team is dominated by Pashtoon's. Is it correct. ? I stopped watching cricket in 2008-9 so don't know who is playing currently. But I assume this must be the case as one player is from Akbar Pura Peshawar (currently living in Pindi) , marda, dir, swabi etc. 1 from Peshawar. Shaeen afraid from tribal belt.

Yup. Rizwan, Khushdil Shah, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Naseem Shah, Sajid Khan, Fakhar Zaman are all from KPK

This is the most pashtun dominated Pakistani team ever

While many more junior players are waiting to get a chance

First of all, the match was in the Emirate of Sharjah - not Dubai.

& allow me to pass on the good news.

All picked up & lets just say...that its pretty cramped up in there.

People think that if they run away from venue they've got away scott free.

There are CCTV Cameras literally EVERYWHERE.

You think Afghans would've learned that lesson after their own Ambassadors daughter went :pleasantry:missing:pleasantry: in Islamabad last year.

Bro what. After Indians now Afghans, next be the bangladeshis salivating to have a go at Pakistanis, maybe in the world cup.
Everyone seems to be hating on Pakistanis these days....

Naseem Shah, the wunderkind from Lower Dir who conquered Sharjah​

On an evening when it really mattered, the 19-year old soaked in the pressure and won it for his team - this time, with the bat...

If there's such a thing as the opposite of a city, that's what Lower Dir - where Naseem hails from - must be to Dubai or Sharjah. It's chilly, mountainous, small-time and tribal as opposed to the desert metropolis that is the UAE. It was perhaps understandable the father tried to talk his son out of pursuing a professional cricket career in his early teen years, but telling Naseem not to do something is perhaps the fastest shortcut to making him do it. Even when it comes to a long shot. The boy was willing to take that chance, and the pain of almost certain failure was just the price he might have to pay.

The route to the Pakistan national set-up sometimes feels less a pathway and more a maze, but the generational nature of Naseem's raw pace and brimming potential was blindingly obvious. You didn't need a pathway to discover him, only a set of eyes. And so, from the day he made his first-class debut, the national side had eyes for him. He picked up a five-for in just his second first-class match. He had not yet turned 16.

But the road from there to here in the UAE wasn't a straight line. There were doubts, setbacks, moments of exaltation, and, of course, a lot of tribulation. There was the loss of his mother on the eve of his debut, when the 16-year old Naseem was on the other side of the world in Australia. Things like this shouldn't happen, a child far from home playing professional sport in the hour of his greatest grief, but Naseem does it anyway. It isn't just physical pain barriers he plays through.

Naseem Shah is joined by his team-mates in celebrating an epic win, Afghanistan vs Pakistan, Asia Cup Super 4s, Sharjah, September 7, 2022

Naseem Shah is joined by his team-mates in celebrating an epic win•AFP/Getty Images

Not that there aren't physical pain barriers to contend with, mind. There was a multiple stress fracture of his back that saw him in the hospital more frequently than on the field. Talk of wrist positions and run-ups quietly - ominously - gave way to chatter about PET scans and period of recuperation. There were issues with his shoulder as recently as this year, so any sense of his presence at the Asia Cup being an inevitability would be misguided.

But as twilight gives way to the night, Sharjah, no stranger to cricketing drama, is adamant not to let this occasion become a footnote in history. This game might still be viewed by some as a proxy between India and Pakistan (and haven't Afghanistan tired of hearing that before?), but Afghanistan have fought for their place in cricket's biggest continental cup, and they will not let anyone else tell their story. Fazalhaq Farooqi (3-31), Mujeeb Ur Rehman (4-0-12-0), Fareed Ahmed (3-31), Rashid Khan (2-25) and Mohammad Nabi (3-0-22-0) take the attack on, landing blow after blow until a punch-drunk Pakistan just about sink to their knees. Asif Ali, ostensibly their last hope and the second-last wicket, is dispatched - first with a short ball, and then a bit of a sledge and a shove. He doesn't like it - Pakistan don't like it, but Afghanistan don't feel they owe Pakistan any pleasantries.

Finally, the boy from Lower Dir comes in. The last obstacle to a famous Afghan win. They've come agonisingly close each of the last two times against Pakistan, but this feels different. For Naseem might be a boy wizard with ball in hand, but wielding the blade, he's a regular old Muggle.

Farooqi steams in. An hour earlier, he had dismissed Babar Azam, probably the best batter in the world, for a golden duck. Mohammad Nawaz, Pakistan's hero against India, and Khushdil Shah, slayer of Hong Kong, had proved no match either. So why would Naseem, with zero career T20I runs and just 63 in all T20 cricket, prove any match?

Eleven needed off the last over. Farooqi strides in and misses the yorker. Naseem has a swing, and it connects, heading straight for a pocket of Afghan fans behind the sight screen who find their celebration give way to nervous anxiety. But one is no judge of success, and Naseem must do it all over again.

It's another full toss, and Naseem has another swing. This one isn't as clean, and for the briefest fraction in time, the ball hovers in the air within reach of long-off, India, Pakistan and Afghanistan's fates hanging on the path it takes on its descent. But Naseem's thrown his arms at it, and if those arms can support a 19-year old bowling at 145kph, then there's strength enough. The ball still teases long-off, but by the time the man puts in a despairing dive, Afghanistan's fate is sealed.

Naseem drops his bat, and, by the look on his face, his guard. Incredulous, he sprints towards the onrushing Pakistan players and staff. With the ball, there might be no end to what he backs himself to do, but with bat in hand, he is subconsciously giving himself the ultimate compliment: even he's surprised by what he's done.

As the mood in the crowd turns sour and ugly, Afghanistan sink to their knees, their eyes shimmering as they take in the bitterest of defeats. This wasn't meant to happen, but Naseem has done it anyway.

1662665327408.png

Pakistan’s Asif Ali and Fareed Ahmad of Afghanistan have been fined 25 per cent of their match fees for a heated exchange in their thrilling Asia Cup match in Sharjah.

The Afghans suffered a heartbreaking one-wicket loss to Pakistan on Wednesday to crash out of the Twenty20 tournament along with heavyweights India.

The incident occurred in the 19th over of Pakistan’s innings.

Tempers flared when fast bowler Fareed dismissed Asif and “made inappropriate physical contact” with the batsman, who “reacted with an aggressive gesture of the bat”, the International Cricket Council said.

Asif breached Article 2.6 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to “using a gesture that is obscene, offensive or insulting during an International Match” while Fareed was found to have breached Article 2.1.12, which relates to “inappropriate physical contact with a Player, Player Support Personnel, Umpire, Match Referee or any other person (including a spectator) during an International Match.”

The ICC added that both the players admitted their offence and accepted the sanctions proposed by match referee Andy Pycroft.

One demerit point each has been added to the disciplinary records of the players, both of whom did not have any previous offence in a 24-month period.

Pakistan face Sri Lanka in Sunday’s final in Dubai.

I think the current team is dominated by Pashtoon's. Is it correct. ?
Yep, majority current ODI, t20 players are from KPK , in junior level's it's also the same case
I stopped watching cricket in 2008-9 so don't know who is playing currently.
Why lol?
It's the best time to be a pakistani fan after probably 1990s
You're missing out bro....

We have a very good side rn not legendary but a above average side, we might as well win a world cup or 2 fingers crossed, you never know
I'm hopeful
But I assume this must be the case as one player is from Akbar Pura Peshawar (currently living in Pindi) , marda, dir, swabi etc. 1 from Peshawar. Shaeen afraid from tribal belt.

Last edited:
I've never had such violent dealings with Afghans in the UK, rather it has been of mutual respect.

Honestly, as much as I am against Afghan-nationalism, I have to say, the stories I've had with Afghans in Canada is rather mellow.

Afghans have been some of our (Pakistanis) best friends and I personally had an incident where a group of Afghans defended us during a fight with another group of immigrants that was of critical importance. They, on a human to human level, are genuinely nice. Although, surprisingly, these same Afghans also follow the "Taliban is sponsored by Pakistan Trends" and the anti-Pakistan vibe.

I believe the issue is that they really think that Pakistan is some sort of "Israel" to "ancient-Afghan/Pashtun" land that the western empires imposed on them (although it was their very own Afghan king that sold KPK to the Brits). They don't realize the vast importance of Pakistan to the Muslim world & also to Afghanistan. If there was no Pakistan, Hindutva India (their "best friends") would have seized up all of Afghanistan by now allying themselves with the west.

I celebrated 14th August in Pakistan and along the islamabad highway I saw an Afghan riding a motorbike with an Afghan flag attached to it. Not a single driver or pedestrian said anything to him.

If the cases were reversed the situation would be deadly. Many Pakistanis have been beaten to death in Afghanistan (and India for that matter) for hosting the Pakistani flag.

Why are pseudo alpha martial races of Pakistan get beat up by Afghan fans every time, how come they don't fight back and give the Afghans a taste of their own medicine?

because the game is being played in UAE not in Pakistan, if you get caught you get deported and I am sure some of those animals, if caught on camera will be deported back to zoo-istan.

Honestly, as much as I am against Afghan-nationalism, I have to say, the stories I've had with Afghans in Canada is rather mellow.

Afghans have been some of our (Pakistanis) best friends and I personally had an incident where a group of Afghans defended us during a fight with another group of immigrants that was of critical importance. They, on a human to human level, are genuinely nice. Although, surprisingly, these same Afghans also follow the "Taliban is sponsored by Pakistan Trends" and the anti-Pakistan vibe.

I believe the issue is that they really think that Pakistan is some sort of "Israel" to "ancient-Afghan/Pashtun" land that the western empires imposed on them (although it was their very own Afghan king that sold KPK to the Brits). They don't realize the vast importance of Pakistan to the Muslim world & also to Afghanistan. If there was no Pakistan, Hindutva India (their "best friends") would have seized up all of Afghanistan by now allying themselves with the west.

If the cases were reversed the situation would be deadly. Many Pakistanis have been beaten to death in Afghanistan (and India for that matter) for hosting the Pakistani flag.

Even a hyena alone is not much of a danger they just give you most annoying laugh.
Every single person I have come to know from any background is very nice to me on face. I happen to have some Afghan acquaintance (i will never call an Afghan my friend) and they do blame all their ills on Pakistan.

Some people may argue "oh one man's action doesn't represent the whole nation" or just like ugly SOB Mohsin Dawar says "because of Pakistan's strategic depth they dislike us" well Afghanistan was the only country that voted against Pakistan joining the UN in 1947. I am sure by that time there was no strategic depth concept.

The thing really comes down to racism. Afghans can't see Pakistanis progressing especially Punjabis. Their hate for Punjabis has no boundaries. Now is the time for tit-for-tat no more Brothers or Ummah Chummah. They will get x2 whatever they will toss at us, if it is love it will get x2 or if it is hate then x2 as well.

True, I love IK but he has no right to give our citizenship to those Namak Harams. You can give to anyone Syrians, Rohingyas, or anyone who has love and respect for Pakistan but not for these Namak Harams.

Some people may argue "oh one man's action doesn't represent the whole nation" or just like ugly SOB Mohsin Dawar says "because of Pakistan's strategic depth they dislike us" well Afghanistan was the only country that voted against Pakistan joining the UN in 1947. I am sure by that time there was no strategic depth concept.

The thing really comes down to racism. Afghans can't see Pakistanis progressing especially Punjabis. Their hate for Punjabis has no boundaries. Now is the time for tit-for-tat no more Brothers or Ummah Chummah. They will get x2 whatever they will toss at us, if it is love it will get x2 or if it is hate then x2 as well.

True, I love IK but he has no right to give our citizenship to those Namak Harams. You can give to anyone Syrians, Rohingyas, or anyone who has love and respect for Pakistan but not for these Namak Harams.
The Afghans who voted against Pakistan have moved on and you haven't.

This is pointed towards pakistanis, calm down
Hate is like a virus, it consumes and in the end destroys you
hate-is-a-virus-stop-the-hate.gif

Stop it, move on, we already have tons of problems in our own country

Focus on that

Last edited:
That's not the same match, this video is from the Dubai stadium probably from the previous series/tournament whereas the Asia Cup Pak vs. Afg match took place in Sharjah.

Pakistani bhi maar lyty aagay se... Kis nain roka tha?
Exaclty, why didn't they fight back instead of acting like a bunch of pushover wimps. This pisses me off more than the fact that Afghans were acting like a bunch of animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom