What's new

MV-22 Osprey Takeoff and Landing On New USS Lewis B. Puller Ship...

That is what we usually say. The result is that the US leads the world in aviation. :enjoy:
You're a cheap troll and trying to derail the thread. Totally incapable of holding a civilised discussion. Rest of us were discussing it technically..

You're a cheap troll and trying to derail the thread. Totally incapable of holding a civilised discussion. Rest of us were discussing it technically..
What was so 'technical' about your post no. 4? Zilch.

And please do not tell the forum I an incapable of holding a rational and especially a technical discussion. They know better.

And please do not tell the forum I an incapable of holding a rational and especially a technical discussion. They know better.
Getting back to the topic. Knowing both USMC and Army personell having flown on this thing in the horn.. they find it thoroughly unstable in vertical flight.

By contrast the Chinook is a loved ride.

So what triggered you in the post 4? Check post 11 by Fenrir, he or she basically proved me wrong by showing some info about similar project conducted by other countries, WITHOUT GETTING PERSONAL. And I acknowledged it in my response. No one was sad or happy. A simple objective discussion.

Getting back to the topic. Knowing both USMC and Army personell having flown on this thing in the horn.. they find it thoroughly unstable in vertical flight.

By contrast the Chinook is a loved ride.
When you alter the paths and axes of propulsion, tilt wings or tilt rotors, you will alter the characteristics of flight in the appropriate axes. That is just the laws of physics. To begin forward flight in a helo, we have all seen where the helo had to pitch down, an opposite flight characteristic of fixed wings aircraft. The early days of the helo, today dubbed the 'God Machine', was not very favorable.

Came here for V22 - got interested in gambit vs war&peace. Looks like you guys have some "bitter" history.

On topic: I personally think it's more about economics than technicalities. And more importantly, both rotary aircraft and fixed wing aircraft have been around for sometime and both have their niche markets & use cases .

V22 may be able to disrupt it if it is less costly, which it isn't.

But who knows, in coming years maybe a more affordable and reliable technology is introduced which may disrupt those well established platforms.

Well it is too expensive and it is faster than helis but slower than normal transport airplane. I mean if it was so useful then Europe, China and Russia would have worked on this concept. It is still developed using well-known technologies.

you are assuming europe, russia and china can build them or afford to build them

800px-MV-22B_combat_radius_in_Iraq_compared_with_CH-46E_combat_radius.svg.png

@war&peace bro i hope this image help you to understand the importance of such platforms. actually i like this image too, just imagine we had something like this during iran-iraq war...
i really hope some day iran make something like osprey
800px-MV-22_Osprey_on_USS_Nimitz_(CVN-68)_(121006-N-LP801-082).jpg

or atleast something like dornier do-31
20_20130202_083504IMG12801024.jpg

Dornier_Do-31-E3_D-9531_VTOL_Into_Cargo_Area_Wide_DMFO_10June2013_(14400249169).jpg

Back
Top Bottom