What's new

Musharraf’s book-launch in September

Urdu version of President’s Memoir "Sub She Pehle Pakistan" to be launched on Oct 21

ISLAMABAD, Oct 14 (Online): Book launching ceremony for the Urdu version of the Presidents book " Sub Say Pehle Pakistan" will be launched on 21 October, 2006 in Islamabad.

According to Sources President General Pervez Musharraf will be the chief guest at the book launching ceremony.

The English version of the book " In the Line of Fire" since it launch in USA on 22 September has been best seller on the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Amazon website. In USA only 64000 books has been sold which is manifestation of the popularity of the book. The third reorder of the first edition has been placed by Simon and Suchester, the publishers of the book.

The book is equally popular in Pakistan and India. 27000 books " In the Line of Fire" have been sold in Pakistan and India only. Presently the book is not available in the stalls.

The Urdu version of the book is being Published by Feroze Sons in Pakistan. Huge booking is being made for Urdu version.

The book finally arrived in the UAE and I was able to buy one. After reading it, I am at a loss to understand what all the fuss is about.

There is very little in the book that I didnt know already from the news articles over the years. Only suprising item is that Mush was shown complete drawing of P-1 centrifuge given over to Libyans by Dr AQ Khan. This act makes DR Khan guilty of a gross negligence. No doubt he is an excellent scientist and deserves all the accolades for his service to country, he is however fallible and also suffers from greed like the rest of us mere mortals. This off course assumes that Mush has told the truth. It is however very hard to imagine that AQ Khan could accomplish all of this and carried on for so long without any one else in the GOP heirarchy knowing about it. On this basis, he was one my heroes and still remains so, mainly because his good deeds outweigh his bad deeds.

History being my passion, I have come across many opposing views of the same event. As an example, earlier history books described 1857 war as ' Ghadar' now it is called ' Jang -e-Azadi'. Bhuto is regarded by some as 'Shaheed' whereas others view him as an autocratic meglomaniac. Zia ul Haq; which to me was the worst thing that happened to Pakistan is considered by many, including some of my close friends; as 'Mujahid of Islam'. Similarly, comments about Bhutto, NS, Kargil and Ali Quli Khan are viewed from Mush's perspective and probably only partly true.

All in all it is a very good book and would be probably be used as reference by the students of contemporary history.

The most important thing is that its the only source in India which had shown our point ov view over many things specially Kargil otehrwise Pakistani writers are not allowed to write in Indian newspapers to present our side of the things while here we have many writers from india whom the newspapers allow to write Indian propoganda. they write free :).

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

In The Line of Fire may be banned in India

NEW DELHI: Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf’s book ‘In the Line of Fire’ faces a ban in India for depicting Jammu and Kashmir as a “disputed territory”.

India has been sensitive to such depictions and has banned foreign journals like “Newsweek” and “Time Magazine” in the past.

A Hindi daily has reported that Musharraf’s book may be banned because certain “maps shown are not authentic”. The newspaper further said the worst part of the book was that it showed Siachen as part of Pakistan.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2006\10\17\story_17-10-2006_pg1_4

Neo said:
Tuesday, October 17, 2006

In The Line of Fire may be banned in India

NEW DELHI: Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf’s book ‘In the Line of Fire’ faces a ban in India for depicting Jammu and Kashmir as a “disputed territory”.

India has been sensitive to such depictions and has banned foreign journals like “Newsweek” and “Time Magazine” in the past.

A Hindi daily has reported that Musharraf’s book may be banned because certain “maps shown are not authentic”. The newspaper further said the worst part of the book was that it showed Siachen as part of Pakistan.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-10-2006_pg1_4

Banning the book in a country which claims to be one of the largests democracy is quite stupid i guess.

I don't think they will ban it. Yes others have been banned in the past, but if you notice, both Newsweek and Time are back. Usually it's some nutty politician who finally get beat down

Back
Top Bottom