What's new

Musharraf wants to create relations with Israel!

Well establishing relations with Israel is not a shocker because under Mush, his FM did visit the Israeli FM and Musharraf himself had discussions with Barak.

What shocked me what Musharraf seems to be a fan of Ariel Sharon. The man who an Israeli commission(Kahan Commission for those who want to google) held him personally responsible for the Sabra and Shatila genocide and has been indited for war crimes on that account in the Belgian SC.

Now that is interesting.

Sharon was not held accountable for the massacre of Palestinians by the Marones, but for failing to anticipate it and not quickly reacting to the events. For these reasons, and this reasons alone Sharon was forced to resign from the Defence Ministry. Sharon was never found guilty in war crimes - in Belgium a warrant was issued for his arrest, but no trial was ever commenced.

As for the issue of this thread, Israel has a lot of concerns about Pakistan: nuclear proliferation and sponsoring terrorism. However, I do not see a problem to have relations with Pakistan, as long India is informed so it will not be suspicious about the normalisation process. Maybe the relations with Pakistan will ease some of the anti-Semite views of the majority of Pakistanis about Israel, Zionism, and the Jewish people. As exposed in Wikileaks, ISI already have connections with Israeli Intelligence and it deliver information on terror threats.

If there be diplomatic relations, the only one I petty is the Israeli Ambassador to Islamabad which be the most protected diplomat in the world.

Why he didn't recognized israel during his 9 year rule? :what:

Personally i am against the opinion of recognizing israel.

Why he didn't recognized israel during his 9 year rule? :what:

Personally i am against the opinion of recognizing israel.

I guess Musharraf had better and urgent things to do: WOT, 9/11, FATA, AQ Khan, Kashmir etc.

Musharraf has very good personal connection to the Jewish community in the US and to several Israeli leaders, such as President Peres. I personally met Musharraf in an academic event, and he seemed like a very intelligent man who knows what he wants and how to get it.

I guess Musharraf had better and urgent things to do: WOT, 9/11, FATA, AQ Khan, Kashmir etc.

Musharraf has very good personal connection to the Jewish community in the US and to several Israeli leaders, such as President Peres. I personally met Musharraf in an academic event, and he seemed like a very intelligent man who knows what he wants and how to get it.

Pakistan is not his personal property, if he has jewish friends then it does not mean pakistan should recognize israel.

He must have to see what is better for pakistan and not for himself.

BTW, 9 years is a lot of time for just recognizing a country.

Pakistan is not his personal property, if he has jewish friends then it does not mean pakistan should recognize israel.

He must have to see what is better for pakistan and not for himself.

BTW, 9 years is a lot of time for just recognizing a country.

Musharraf clearly explained in his interview how Pakistan will benefit from normal relations with Israel.

what Musharraf is trying to do is rally international support and get back into pakistani politics. we should have friendly relations with everyone.

No no you people got it all they way wrong , musharraf cannot and should not ,

we should discuss the merits and demerits in parliament and let it decide , no one man should decide the state foreign policy.

Foreign policy should be clear according the will of people through parliament and objective should be clear and realistic and achievable.

No no you people got it all they way wrong , musharraf cannot and should not ,

we should discuss the merits and demerits in parliament and let it decide , no one man should decide the state foreign policy.

Foreign policy should be clear according the will of people through parliament and objective should be clear and realistic and achievable.

Foreign policy is the government's responsibility and not parliament, that is why you have a government - to decide on policies. Parliament should only supervise to work of the executive branch, bot not replace it.

this is a long term policy matter parliament is better platform to discuss first then decide to do it or not , if we want to do it must be objective oriented , if not then it should also have objectives, ,and without discussion we cant get objectives :pakistan: , am against one man deciding important matters at its own.

Why would Musharraf want relations with Israel. The freaking Israeli lobbyists are tearing my USA apart.

this is a long term matter parliament is better platform to discuss first then decide to do it or not , am against one man deciding important matters at its own.

This man was elected to decide, he has the mandate. He can consult his cabinet and senior officials of MOFA.

Well establishing relations with Israel is not a shocker because under Mush, his FM did visit the Israeli FM and Musharraf himself had discussions with Barak.

What shocked me what Musharraf seems to be a fan of Ariel Sharon. The man who an Israeli commission(Kahan Commission for those who want to google) held him personally responsible for the Sabra and Shatila genocide and has been indited for war crimes on that account in the Belgian SC.

Now that is interesting.

I dont know much about the politics of sharon, but military wise he was a soldier/commander par excellence....

Back
Top Bottom