What's new

Musharraf stopped funds for Ghauri-III missile

Bratva

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Columnist Abdul Jabbar Mirza has compiled the 216-page book containing the brief history of the family of Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan and his concise biography from his childhood to the present day. In the book, the terrifying facts about his differences with former dictator Pervez Musharraf have also been documented. He has mentioned that on the occasion of the test flight of Ghauri-I ballistic missile on April 6, 1998 with a range of 1,500 kilometres, General Musharraf had been invited as corps commander of Mangla but he was not in his senses. He said his differences with Musharraf started when he told him: “We are reciting Quranic verses, Haj is being performed in Makkah and in which state you have come here.”

Unfortunately, General Musharraf later became the chief executive of the country and their differences persisted. Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has recalled that 50 per cent work had been completed on Ghauri-III in May 2000 when the chief executive stopped the funding, saying: “You want to destroy Israel?”

Musharraf stopped funds for Ghauri-III missile saying:

Ive heard the shaheen III project has become operation.......and it is going to help our SLV project.

What exactly is the point of having two series of missiles, when they both have similar ranges.....

Just seems to be a pointless contest between NDC and KRL.

Why don't both of them work together to develop an SLV instead of concentrating on missiles? :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan:

What exactly is the point of having two series of missiles, when they both have similar ranges.....

Why don't both of them work together to develop an SLV instead of concentrating on missiles? :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan:

So far the contest is giving healthy results ;)

General Musharraf had been invited as corps commander of Mangla but he was not in his senses. He said his differences with Musharraf started when he told him: “We are reciting Quranic verses, Haj is being performed in Makkah and in which state you have come here.”

This is the news, not the Ghauri missile :lol:

Ghuri is a solid fuel missile... with its own pros and cons...Shaheen is s a Liquid fuel with its own benefits and drawbacks...

Ghuri is a solid fuel missile... with its own pros and cons...Shaheen is s a Liquid fuel with its own benefits and drawbacks...

are you crazy???

Shaheen series is solid fueled....it is far better than Ghauri series,which is liquid fueled...
lol what are the drawbacks of Shaheen I/II?

There is no contest b/w KRL and NDC....NDC is a giant organization,developing its own projects (with a little help of course)...KRL merely reverse engineered Nodong as Ghauri...even the warhead assembly of Ghauri 2 is manufactured by NDC...

Since NDC is close to completion of a solid-fueled,MIRVed missile having 4000km range,Ghauri-III becomes pointless...

So, is the author trying to say that Mushy was totally wasted when he arrived there for the launch of the missile? I didn't know that they drink in mornings as well.

It is a perfect idea,I have heard that shaheen missile can be converted to SLV after some working.The work was started in Musharraf's time but no one knows about ressults.If anyone here has info then Plz share

It is a perfect idea,I have heard that shaheen missile can be converted to SLV after some working.The work was started in Musharraf's time but no one knows about ressults.If anyone here has info then Plz share

Yes Pakistan's SLV is under-development and it is based on Shaheen series...

If Ghauri-III was rejected/shut-down for technical characteristics/better options available,I support the decision...It could have been a waste of money...

Moreover,here are the manufacturers of Pakistan's Nuclear Delivery Systems:

KRL: Ghauri-I,Ghauri-II (warhead by NDC)

SUPARCO: Abdali (warhead by NDC)

AWC: Ra'ad (warhead by NDC)

NDC: Gravity Bomb,Ghaznavi,Shaheen-I,Shaheen-II,Babur,Nasr

NDC is also working on a new IRBM,SLV,SLCM and Tactical systems...

Therefore NDC has much more experience than KRL and that too,in multiple fields (Bombs,BRBM,SRBM,IRBM,GLCM)...so KRL can't contest NDC...

Columnist Abdul Jabbar Mirza has compiled the 216-page book containing the brief history of the family of Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan and his concise biography from his childhood to the present day. In the book, the terrifying facts about his differences with former dictator Pervez Musharraf have also been documented. He has mentioned that on the occasion of the test flight of Ghauri-I ballistic missile on April 6, 1998 with a range of 1,500 kilometres, General Musharraf had been invited as corps commander of Mangla but he was not in his senses. He said his differences with Musharraf started when he told him: “We are reciting Quranic verses, Haj is being performed in Makkah and in which state you have come here.”

Unfortunately, General Musharraf later became the chief executive of the country and their differences persisted. Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has recalled that 50 per cent work had been completed on Ghauri-III in May 2000 when the chief executive stopped the funding, saying: “You want to destroy Israel?”

Musharraf stopped funds for Ghauri-III missile saying:
Qadir Khan hates Mush for because of what Mush did to him in Nuclear proliferation incident,being out of News and not projected as hero he wants some publicity,is there anyone to confirm or validate his claim? will he show any proof? or its just his hatred at work he's done little and wants to claim the credit for all the Nuclear program his personality and uprightness is discussed in detail in one of year 2007 issues of the Defence journal.

Back
Top Bottom