What's new

Musharraf best-seller in India despite row over contents

Owais

Reaction score
Musharraf best-seller in India despite row over contents

NEW DELHI (updated on: September 27, 2006, 22:49 PST): President Pervez Musharraf's memoirs have become a best-seller in India, its publisher said on Wednesday, even though its contents have infuriated Indians.

The book "In the Line of Fire" sold 8,000 hardcover copies on its first day and another 6,000 have been ordered, said Rahul Srivastava, regional representative of publishers Simon and Schuster.

"It's very rare that you get a book selling this quickly in India," Srivastava told AFP. "I think it's all the controversy about the book."

Indian commentators have been enraged by President Musharraf's description of the 1999 Kargil conflict as a "technical marvel of military professionalism" by the Pakistan army.

The Hindustan Times newspaper said the memoirs highlighted "Pakistan's duplicity over the years."

Srivastava said sales of the book could eclipse those of former US President Bill Clinton's autobiography "My Life" which sold 20,000 copies in India, considered a sizeable number in the country.

"Already all the top shots and policy-makers have placed orders for the book. It will be very difficult to find it in the market," said Sharad Mohan of West Land, one of the book's vendors in New Delhi.

Didnt i tell you that hes a better salesman,than a statesman!!!

Didnt i tell you that hes a better salesman,than a statesman!!!

Just like ur armymen ;) who wrote books on Kargil and got good sale.

hmmmm better salesmen thn soldiers of Indian army :)

Atleast they didnt say stuff and backtracked later infront of the whole world. Perfect snake oil sales man as the Colonel used to call these kinda blokes.

Bloody hell,they did that after retiring,not while in service and not while on a diplomatic visit.

Bloody hell,they did that after retiring,not while in service and not while on a diplomatic visit.
What difference does it makes when a book is written or published??

Well the book on Amazon .com is on the 7th top best seller.

well indians here say that its really great to read the book, late at night , its kinda entertainment. though i haven't got a hand on the book yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom