What's new

Mumbai's Most wanted

Nirvana

BANNED
Reaction score
On August 11, riots in Mumbai saw two individuals vandalise the Amar Jawan memorial in the city, a sacred military structure for the country's lost soldiers. The images were captured by Mid-Day newspaper photographer Atul Kamble, who was also assaulted. Ten days since the violence, the police haven't managed to find the two individuals you see in the photographs. Now, Indian independent Member of Parliament Rajeev Chandrasekhar has announced a reward of Rs 5-lakh (~$9,000) for anyone who hands them over to the Mumbai Police, or supplies information that leads to their arrest.

amar+jawan111.jpg

Here's Rajeev's statement:

The recent images of desecration of the Amar Jawan Jyoti Memorial in Mumbai by some criminal elements on August 11th, 2012 have left me and thousands of Indians in pain, disgust and anger. The memorial erected to honour and remembers two brave sons of India - Sepoy Sayyed Hussein and Sepoy Mangal Gadiya, who were martyred during the Mutiny of 1857 - is a symbol of communal harmony, nationhood and pride of India.

The perpetrators who vandalized this sacred place do not belong to any faith or religion, and by their act have disgraced hundreds and thousands of people from all faiths and parts of India and those within and outside of Armed Forces who have served and protected the nation in time of war and in time of peace .

I am raising this issue today through a Resolution Motion to draw the attention of the Parliament on this despicable act.

The media has done a service to the nation by capturing the images of those involved in this crime. The perpetrators must be apprehended at the earliest and brought to justice. To that end, on behalf of all affronted Indians, I announce a reward of Rupees Ten Lakhs to those who provide the Mumbai police with credible information leading to the arrest of those involved in the desecration of the Amar Jawan Jyoti memorial.

If anyone from Mumbai or nearby areas have seen this two Lunatics contact Nearby police station or CONTACT MID-DAY at 022 67017171/ 022 24197171

Back
Top Bottom