What's new

Mullah Omar's Directive To Taliban Commanders Ordered Crackdown Shites

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Document: Taliban Leader Mullah Omar's Directive To Taliban Commanders Ordered Crackdown Against Shi'ite Muslims And Destruction Of Un-Islamic Cultural Heritage

11039.jpg

A copy of the Farman issued by Mullah Omar

A Farman (directive) to the Taliban commanders issued by Mullah Mohammad Omar, the then head of the Taliban government in Afghanistan, shows that he ordered crackdown against all communists and Shi'ite Muslims.

The Pashtu-language secret document was seized from the Afghan Interior Ministry building in Kabul in 2001 when the Mullah Omar-led Taliban fled Afghanistan following the U.S. invasion. Afghan websites recently published the document with a translation by one Ishaq Mohammadi.

Afghan media interpreted the Farman's command to destroy the un-Islamic cultural heritage of Afghanistan as a reference to ordering the destruction of the Buddhas of Bamiyan. The exact date of the document is not given.

Following is the text of the document:

"Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan Movement of Taliban

"Kandahar Province (Secret Service Cell)

"Secret Order

"1. Ruthless army steps by Taliban against opponent enemy groups.

"2. Recovery of arms and collection of Islamic Taxes.

"3. Demolition of Mughul's (Hazaras) historic cultural heritage and remains [such as Bamiyan's Buddhas].

"4. Ban on celebrating Jashn-e-Nouroz (a cultural festival/New Year)

"5. Complete economic embargo of Hazarajat [areas inhabited by Shi'ite Hazaras].

"6. Strict army measures to disown Hazara tribes from their lands and properties forcibly.

"7. Disintegration of Hazarajat gradually.

"8. Elimination and arrest of communist elements.

"9. Rooting out of all mysterious and opponent forces.

"10. Anti-Shi'ite propaganda campaign.

"11. Assistance for Islamic Madrasas (religious schools) and religious groups.

"12. Strict control and watch on women (out of their homes).

"13. Complete recovery of Taxes from opium production.

"14. Care for transportations and oil.

"15. Assistance of Akhund Zadas (Taliban) and religious Mullahs.

"16. Assistance and care for pro-Taliban Shi'ite Mullahs and commander.

"Attention for Kajiki, Kishki Nakhud, Kalat, Shah Joi, Maruf, Helmand (Name of Provinces and Districts).

"May be informed very quick."

i think same should be implemented in Pakistan, since Pakistan supports the Taliban

are yousure, i think the pak govt supports taliabn in afg materially and morally.. so i think our govt is in favour of supporting these laws

They use to support them in past but not anymore.

Taliban protected shi's thats why they are in afghanistan, baseless propaganda should be avoided
More of corcern is iranian terrorism in pakistan which killed thousands of innocent pakistani

Taliban protected shi's thats why they are in afghanistan, baseless propaganda should be avoided
More of corcern is iranian terrorism in pakistan which killed thousands of innocent pakistani

Do you guys take classes in logical fallacies? So many Pakistanis have also told me ''Since there are hindus in India, that means Aurangzeb was a tolerant king''!!!

well you cannot ignore their role in the war and being a war its about eliminating the foe and its ground support proxies. Take it in full sense of wartime order rather than a sectarian clash!

it has more to do with the ancient rivalry between the Pakhtuns and the Mughals than anything else.....of course on our part of the world there are tidbits of history that should have been remained in the dusty history books and not become repeated history

its no secret Talebs were anti Shiia....I would only hope for Afghanistan's sake that this changes, since Hazaras there are also citizens of that war torn country.

how hilarious to see the bhartis jump in.....wait - didnt they support the Northern alliance which was anti Pashtun.

as a Muslim (of Shiia sect) and as a PAKISTANI PASHTUN, I would say anything that negates indian nefarious activity in Afghanistan is fine by my book.

it has more to do with the ancient rivalry between the Pakhtuns and the Mughals than anything else.....of course on our part of the world there are tidbits of history that should have been remained in the dusty history books and not become repeated history

its no secret Talebs were anti Shiia....I would only hope for Afghanistan's sake that this changes, since Hazaras there are also citizens of that war torn country.

how hilarious to see the bhartis jump in.....wait - didnt they support the Northern alliance which was anti Pashtun.

as a Muslim (of Shiia sect) and as a PAKISTANI PASHTUN, I would say anything that negates indian nefarious activity in Afghanistan is fine by my book.

I was wondering the same thing, since it seems more like the usual Pashtun-Hazara clash more than anti-Shia clash. Thats why he adds in the fact to support pro-Taliban Shias.

Is this incompetence on the part of the translators or malice?

Haider what is your source of translation?

How can we have issue with Shias. I as a Sunni along with the majority in Pakistan adore our Quaid who was a Shia. I am surprised Pakistan didn't use it's supposed influence on Taliban. Would anyone know how much influence Saudis had on Mulla Omar??

I was wondering the same thing, since it seems more like the usual Pashtun-Hazara clash more than anti-Shia clash. Thats why he adds in the fact to support pro-Taliban Shias.

Is this incompetence on the part of the translators or malice?

Haider what is your source of translation?

its a very historic rivalry.....

it was re-ignited in 2001 when Hazaras led by Mohaqiq faction sided in principle with Northern Alliance. Hazaras have always had it a little hard there, but then again hardline fundos consider them to be former invaders

for similar reasons, Sikhs were being harassed in FATA by TTP terrorists.....Sikhs were seen as enemy of Pakhtuns (which historically, they were). What these idiots didnt understand was that those Sikhs were basically Pashtuns by that time; they speak the local dialects, they break bread with their neighbours etc. (Sikhs have slowly returned, some remain in settled areas of Peshawar and nobody's bothering them today)

like i said - some things belong only in those dusty history books.......but when raw emotions, illiteracy and misguided zeal are mixed, you have a deadly concoction

The mulla in 2012 would be a different animal from the mulla in 2001.

Studying Afghanistan's history might be educative - the shi3a religious parties and the shi3a ex-communist ones sided with the NA, and that directive has to be understood in that context. Doesn't make Taliban your permanent enemy.

Back
Top Bottom