What's new

MSCI Downgrades Pakistan to Frontier Market After Four Years

It's market-dependent now. If coal and oil prices rise internationally and your internal cement and oil demands remain the same what do you think dollar ruppee price should do? Should it go up, down or remain the same? When cement demand is high, and international coal prices are high, of course, it is going to affect your import bill, which in turn will affect the dollar rate, which in turn will make cement expensive. And some sectors do get benefit out of dollar rate e.g; textile. And it's not like coal/oil/scrap or whatever we import those prices would always remain high, they will eventually come down. Steel is expensive because China curbed their scrap/iron ore export. Some sectors which are import-dependent definitely are under pressure, but those are only because of high local demand and high international prices. One has to look holistically for what is really going on. Sticking to just one or two parameters like dollar rate, inflation rate doesn't show a clear picture.

Show me a high market cap company from PSX that is showing losses(except Hascol, that's a mega scandal except that). DGKC, LUCK, OGDC, PPL, PSMC, INDUS etc all showing earnings be it quarter-wise or year-wise.
No FM says otherwise.

Right now we have entered to predictable market not free market that FM said now.

Reza Baqir competence and PHD education has created a artificial demand.

No FM says otherwise.

Right now we have entered to predictable market not free market that FM said now.

I am not saying there is no speculation, speculation is even there in the stocks. I am only telling you about why certain import-reliant sectors are under pressure. Sure some groups do accumulate and artificially manipulate the rate. And you will see this manipulation, near every major event like IMF meet, or FATF meet or whatever. But if one looks holistically, the LSM is performing and this has to keep up because the elections are in just 2 years. There is a new refinery policy with tax incentives that will start from July 2022. More ipos are launching at a faster rate than before(I think just this year 9 have been launched if I am not mistaken). It's just a matter of time, once you will have that IMF meet all will go back to neutral(the speculation that is, can't say the same about commodities in the international markets), next it will be FATF. The events are there just for the correction phase, and to drive a trend in certain direction. Dollar did go to 151 in this year too, so it's not like if it is going high now it will keep on going high.

No FM says otherwise.

Reza Baqir competence and PHD education has created a artificial demand.

I hope you know the meaning of the term speculative. Its natural since IMF review is due this month, along with Afghan situation and international inflationary cycle.

It will settle down in a month or 2.

This is indeed good news. What he is saying is actually opposite of what you are trying to sell here 😂

" Asked about the exchange rate volatility, Mr Tarin said that ‘speculators’ created artificial demand. However, he admitted that there is pressure on exchange rate mainly because of speculation over balance of payment issues because of rising import bill. “This is not sustainable and has no base for support,” the minister warned speculators and predicted it will come down'.

I do not know what it has got to Raza Baqir PhD. 😂

The most important thing there is no SBP intervention.

I am not saying there is no speculation, speculation is even there in the stocks. I am only telling you about why certain import-reliant sectors are under pressure. Sure some groups do accumulate and artificially manipulate the rate. And you will see this manipulation, near every major event like IMF meet, or FATF meet or whatever. But if one looks holistically, the LSM is performing and this has to keep up because the elections are in just 2 years. There is a new refinery policy with tax incentives that will start from July 2022. More ipos are launching at a faster rate than before(I think just this year 9 have been launched if I am not mistaken). It's just a matter of time, once you will have that IMF meet all will go back to neutral(the speculation that is, can't say the same about commodities in the international markets), next it will be FATF. The events are there just for the correction phase, and to drive a trend in certain direction. Dollar did go to 151 in this year too, so it's not like if it is going high now it will keep on going high.
it is was a blind mistake to pause IMF program.

Now growth will go in gutter because IMF will force Pakistan stop CAD and hike interest rate into double digit and we will do IMF program whatever it takes because WB, AIIB, ADB has stopped Pakistan funding for deficit, budgetary support and other concessional loan.

Our FM had planned to take 1.92 trillion PKR (12.5 billion dollar) from these there in this FY.
I hope you know the meaning of the term speculative. Its natural since IMF review is due this month, along with Afghan situation and international inflationary cycle.

It will settle down in a month or 2.

This is indeed good news. What he is saying is actually opposite of what you are trying to sell here 😂

" Asked about the exchange rate volatility, Mr Tarin said that ‘speculators’ created artificial demand. However, he admitted that there is pressure on exchange rate mainly because of speculation over balance of payment issues because of rising import bill. “This is not sustainable and has no base for support,” the minister warned speculators and predicted it will come down'.

I do not know what it has got to Raza Baqir PhD. 😂

The most important thing there is no SBP intervention.

I did not say your Joker SBP governor said. This is what happens when you at things at Parties goggles.

"New Pakistan central bank boss dismisses free floating rupee idea"

“So, if there is a volatility, then state bank intervenes. You need to keep a close eye on the market. That is our regime and we want to go with this regime,” Baqir added.

“An exchange rate that remains fixed for a long time is not in our favour. On the other hand, a free float also is not suitable,” Baqir said in the coastal financial hub of Karachi.

Reality check for Pakistan.

Long way to go.
Yes exactly. 3 years we wasted on lollipop that our export will increase like a rocket Imran Khan not me and than when launched RDA on September 2020 he clearly said "I thought our export will increase majorly ,however, i am really disappointed at these results of our export increase that is why we are launching RDA to help the inflows".

Hafez Sheik said we undervalued currency to increase export ,which only happened 600 million dollar and Shahbaz said you devalued 5% more to increase this much only?

3 Years of PTI performance went in gutter in just 4 months.

it is was a blind mistake to pause IMF program.

Now growth will go in gutter because IMF will force Pakistan stop CAD and hike interest rate into double digit and we will do IMF program whatever it takes because WB, AIIB, ADB has stopped Pakistan funding for deficit, budgetary support and other concessional loan.

Our FM had planned to take 1.92 trillion PKR (12.5 billion dollar) from these there in this FY.

IMF programme was paused due to corona. It was resumed a long time ago. 😂

IMF released tranche in March 2021.

And nope interest rate will not be double digits. We are in far better condition now than where plmn left us in 2018 🙂
Yes exactly. 3 years we wasted on lollipop that our export will increase like a rocket Imran Khan not me and than when launched RDA on September 2020 he clearly said "I thought our export will increase majorly ,however, i am really disappointed at these results of our export increase that is why we are launching RDA to help the inflows".

Hafez Sheik said we undervalued currency to increase export ,which only happened 600 million dollar and Shahbaz said you devalued 5% more to increase this much only?

3 Years of PTI performance went in gutter in just 4 months.

Our Exports are actually increasing 🙂

Atleast you admit pti did exceptionally well in past 3 years while you were ranting the same for the past 3 years 😂

And nope interest rate will not be double digits. We are in far better condition now than where plmn left us in 2018 🙂
Wrong. Go to Shaukat Tarin June 29th press conference. He said we paused IMF due " We do not want to increase electricity tarif, SBP amendment, and increase petrol prices". IMF was right we should have done this and now Yesterday Shaukat Tarin said in ECC meeting that now IMF is saying to increase Gas prices to 50% to increase more due to we have delayed IMF program, which caused our Fiscal deficit worse. You should do google and see interviews. Do not follow too much diploma PTI twitter and they are real life losers and do not be like them because there life is meaning less.

Wrong. Go to Shaukat Tarin June 29th press conference. He said we paused IMF due " We do not want to increase electricity tarif, SBP amendment, and increase petrol prices". IMF was right we should have done this and now Yesterday Shaukat Tarin said in ECC meeting that now IMF is saying to increase Gas prices to 50% to increase more due to we have delayed IMF program, which caused our Fiscal deficit worse. You should do google and see interviews. Do not follow too much diploma PTI twitter and they are real life losers and do not be like them because there life is meaning less.

😂😂

All the inflows were constant even when IMF was latent during Corona. Our reserves increased and we rolled over our principal debt payment and successfully made debt payments.

View attachment 777325

In FY 19, Pakistan was already exporting over $24.2 billion and in FY 21 it went up by just 1,4 billion (less than 5%) after a record devaluation. If that is something to be proud of, only GOD can help Pakistan.
We went up during a pandemic when the entire planet had their economies turned upside down and if you are going to show your intellectual dishonesty and compare to Bangaldesh please do tell when did our exports start falling and which party was in power at that time?

Our Exports are actually increasing 🙂

Atleast you admit pti did exceptionally well in past 3 years while you were ranting the same for the past 3 years 😂
We are literally in a position where exports could realistically touch 28 billion or even 30 in 21-22 but some folks are still completely ignoring such a huge win

March 25, 2021= Hafez Sheik. We promised them and singed by PM that we will increase tariff prices but PM khan breached his own signed commitment.

IMF programme was paused due to corona in Hafeez Sheikh period and was resumed in Hafeez Sheikh period. 😂

IMF programme will continue due to damage done by plmn.

IMF programme was paused due to corona in Hafeez Sheikh period and was resumed in Hafeez Sheikh period. 😂

IMF programme will continue due to damage done by plmn.
No that was 1st paused. Second Pause was due Shaukat Tarin bluffed Imran khan that we can survive IMF program and they have found they cannot. You should go to youtube what FM said. We want IMF not increase Tariff prices, PDL increase and 150 billion rupee taxes on GST. These 3 disagreement lead program to pause. Now we are doing these 3 things and IMF has demanded that on Nov we need to increase interest to 10% and increase gas prices to 50% in all industry expect export industry.

No that was 1st paused. Second Pause was due Shaukat Tarin bluffed Imran khan that we can survive IMF program and they have found they cannot. You should go to youtube what FM said. We want IMF not increase Tariff prices, PDL increase and 150 billion rupee taxes on GST. These 3 disagreement lead program to pause. Now we are doing these 3 things and IMF has demanded that on Nov we need to increase interest to 10% and increase gas prices to 50% in all industry expect export industry.

Nope we are not going to comply with IMF demands fully and still continue with the IMF. 🙂

The programme was never paused, Instead the consultation was ongoing. We were given 2 months to prove out point in revenue collection which we have done fairly well in.

A middle ground will be reached.

I personally will prefer PTI to not take any more hits because of plmn wrongs. If they get stuck on forcing us to pass plmn commission deals and incompetence on common consumers especially in the energy sector, either get guarantees of next term or quit IMF, we have sufficient reserves.

Back
Top Bottom