What's new

MPVs (Four 600 T, Two 1500T) for the PMSA - Discussions

For those wanting to see the full view of the vessels... Enjoy! :partay:

8a4bebfdly1fam1d4h7whj21e00vk46p0.jpg

P.S. The ships in the background are newly built China Coast Guard ships including the Type 056 CCG variant (on the left) and the Type 054 CCG variant (on the right most side)

I thought, It was happened in Karachi, But Thanks you clarified me.

is the gun in the front Turkish STOP or chines version?

most probably Chinese.

Armaments ?

Not much, Just a Main Gun on the front deck of unknown caliber. These are more of Patrolling & Utility Vessels.

Looks to be either 20 or 30mm. It's very similar to this Nexter turret used on the Gabon Navy Raidco RPB20 OPVs
nexter_narwhal.jpg

Some high endurance OPVs use higher caliber guns.
WMTfd.jpg

But 20-30mm remote turrets are most common.
MK-38_25mm_gun_system.jpg

Aselsan%2B30mm%2BMUHAFIZ%2BSMASH.jpg

MLG-27-gun-003.jpg

You are right, I guess there is a re-loader as well under the main gun. Am I right?

most probably Chinese.

Not much, Just a Main Gun on the front deck of unknown caliber. These are more of Patrolling & Utility Vessels.

Happy to help. The main gun is the 30mm H/PJ-17 gun, it is slightly modified from PLAN's type 056's secondary gun/CIWS. This gun is also mounted on the Bangladesh C13B corvette.

PMSA vessels'/Bangladesh C13Bs' 30mm gun
056-bangladesh-30mm.jpg

056-bangladesh-30mm2.jpg

PLAN Type 056's 30mm gun
30mm-front.jpg

most probably Chinese.

MPVs.png

Maritime Patrol Vessels
KS&EW is indigenously constructing two Maritime Patrol Vessels (MPVs) for PMSA of 600 and 1500 tons displacement. First steel of both vessels has been cut, while keel of 600 tons MPV has been laid. The 600 tons MPV is scheduled to be delivered by April 2018 while the 1500 tons MPV will be completed by February 2019.

These MPVs will have the capability to operate independently or as part of a composite force in coastal and deep sea areas. MPVs will be utilized for different roles including Maritime SecurityOperations, Patrolling and Policing Operations against Asymmetric Threats, Surveillance of EEZ, Pollution Control, Disaster Relief and Intelligence gathering.

600 Tons MPV is 68 m long and has a maximum breath of 8.7 m. Propelled by four engines, the vessel has a top speed of 27 Knots while 1500 Tons MPV is 95 m long and has a maximum breath of 11 m. Propelled by two engines, the vessel has a top speed of 26 Knots.
http://www.karachishipyard.com.pk/ongoing-projects/

One main gun isn't enough. I think Pakistan has the capability to add some ASHM's and a few other machine guns on higher surfaces to cover area around the ship in case pirates or someone else attacks it (attempts as such have happened to a few navies around the globe).

Two CIWS could do wonders too, as you can use them to target ship born threats too like small ships, boats, etc. Some more munitions will be needed to make this a potent maritime patrol vessel.

For those wanting to see the full view of the vessels... Enjoy! :partay:

8a4bebfdly1fam1d4h7whj21e00vk46p0.jpg

P.S. The ships in the background are newly built China Coast Guard ships including the Type 056 CCG variant (on the left) and the Type 054 CCG variant (on the right most side)

It looks like that this ships have small deck, I dont see any space to house a Helicopter, I think the 600 Ton ships will have a Helipad and Helicopter Hangar. Any way congratulation to everyone,there are coming difficult times for BLA,TTP and RAW to smuggle weapons,drugs and Agents through the Sea route.

One main gun isn't enough. I think Pakistan has the capability to add some ASHM's and a few other machine guns on higher surfaces to cover area around the ship in case pirates or someone else attacks it (attempts as such have happened to a few navies around the globe).

Two CIWS could do wonders too, as you can use them to target ship born threats too like small ships, boats, etc. Some more munitions will be needed to make this a potent maritime patrol vessel.

12.7mm AA Guns and MG-3 on each side of the ship will be available. (F-22P Frigate, all the other PN boats and Ships have get the same armament) .

H mean helipad but no hanger so heli can land and resupply

1500 tone one may have a hanger as well
PMSA can add 12.7 mm heavy machine guns as well which can be used to engage target at 1000 meter

One last thing I think 1500 tone version will have capability to add ssm when needed per original contract so looks like may be harpoon type launchers can be added at the front deck 2x2 total 4

Last edited:
View attachment 359292
Maritime Patrol Vessels
KS&EW is indigenously constructing two Maritime Patrol Vessels (MPVs) for PMSA of 600 and 1500 tons displacement. First steel of both vessels has been cut, while keel of 600 tons MPV has been laid. The 600 tons MPV is scheduled to be delivered by April 2018 while the 1500 tons MPV will be completed by February 2019.

These MPVs will have the capability to operate independently or as part of a composite force in coastal and deep sea areas. MPVs will be utilized for different roles including Maritime SecurityOperations, Patrolling and Policing Operations against Asymmetric Threats, Surveillance of EEZ, Pollution Control, Disaster Relief and Intelligence gathering.

600 Tons MPV is 68 m long and has a maximum breath of 8.7 m. Propelled by four engines, the vessel has a top speed of 27 Knots while 1500 Tons MPV is 95 m long and has a maximum breath of 11 m. Propelled by two engines, the vessel has a top speed of 26 Knots.
http://www.karachishipyard.com.pk/ongoing-projects/

the Maritime Patrol Vessel seen in photos it appears that it will be able to accommodate a helicopter .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom