What's new

MPVs (Four 600 T, Two 1500T) for the PMSA - Discussions

I hope they design and develop bigger ships i.e. thousands of tons
Yes so long that I can step on one end of it and get off at Dubai without the ship moving.Sorry could not resist. But remember the topic is maritime ships and you dont need huge ships to man 500 sq. kilomsters of sea. So dream on but be somewhat realistic!
A

Last edited:
Yes so long that I can step on one end of it and get off at Dubai without the ship moving.Sorry could not resist. But remember the topic is maritime ships and you dont need huge ships to man 500 sq. kilomsters of sea. So dream on but be somewhat realistic!
A
Well Sir!! you are the senior most citizen here so I respect you and read your interview somewhere and I know you finished your education in 1958 and then served at prestigious positions around the globe so surely you have a lot of experience and knowledge.

What I'm talking about are ships with displacement of >3000 tonnes and just recently indian navy added a destroyer with 7500 tons of displacement and if you Google it is not that uncommon.

China has already delivered 3 Ships 600 Tones to us since 2016 , and remaining are 2 larger coastal patrol ships
  • Mean while our own shipping yard has perhaps delivered 1 ship in 2 years which is a missile boat
Clearly we need to improve our production rate / Productivity

When we used to build F22P frigate , we used to make it in 1.5 years it seems our speed of making things is fixed we can't improve these numbers. Then we switched to making even smaller ships and we make the ships in exactly same amount of time instead of making 2 per year. We make a Frigate F22P and Azmat class ship is approximately the same time when clearly both units are vastly different in size

I would have imagined by now we would have constructed 6 construction docks , to work on 6 ships simultaneously

I wonder sometimes if the facilities making these units (Shipping yard or plane assembly) have pre decided they won't make above a certain number of units , to keep the job moving for 3-5 year (contractor mindset). I think unless the mindset will shift to maximizing production we won't reach our modernization goals (Employee mindset)

I know what I would have done

8 construction docks

• 6 Docks, Simultaneous work on 6 ships (2 Azmat Class , 4 Turkish Corvettes )
  • 2 Docks for Civilian Ship manufacturing

We have the labour force for doing such labour work specially the type of work done in ships but we have not fully utilize the Human Resource sector to get more workers to improve construction speeds and numbers

Last edited:
Well Sir!! you are the senior most citizen here so I respect you and read your interview somewhere and I know you finished your education in 1958 and then served at prestigious positions around the globe so surely you have a lot of experience and knowledge.

What I'm talking about are ships with displacement of >3000 tonnes and just recently indian navy added a destroyer with 7500 tons of displacement and if you Google it is not that uncommon.
You got the wrong man my friend. I am senior but not that senior. And you dont have any idea about what I do as there are no interviews that I have given. This is to set the record straight. I remain grateful that you treat me with respect.
When a message is unclear that is what happens. We have made 3000 tons ships and in fact the Tanker was 17500 tons. So the tonnage is not the problem. The issue of modernity and adequacy of armaments is one that you want to consider. Cost factors into it as well as availability.
A

Last edited:
You got the wrong man my friend. I am senior but not that senior. And you dont have any idea about what I do as there are no interviews that I have given. This is to set the record straight. I remain grateful that you treat me with respect.
When a message is unclear that is what happens. We have made 3000 tons ships and in fact the Tanker was 17500 tons. So the tonnage is not the problem. The issue of modernity and adequacy of armaments is one that you want to consider. Cost factors into it as well as availability.
A
Oh I think it was another guy...I guess it was @niaz, because your names are similar so I confused.. Sorry for the confusion..

C9vrGTSUMAA_YIN.jpg:large

C9vq6OuVwAAtptK.jpg:large

C9vrNwPUMAAWttk.jpg:large

China delivers third maritime patrol ship to Pakistan

l_198774_031502_updates.jpg

Nice ship, but why the PMSA? This should be made easier for other ships to read. The entire globe won't know what PMSA is. It should say Coast Guards, or Maritime Security or Ocean Patrol, etc. So ships from other nations can see who this ships belongs too.

If you see US Cost Guard color scheme, its not too different and it looks really good too.

Nice ship, but why the PMSA? This should be made easier for other ships to read. The entire globe won't know what PMSA is. It should say Coast Guards, or Maritime Security or Ocean Patrol, etc. So ships from other nations can see who this ships belongs too.

If you see US Cost Guard color scheme, its not too different and it looks really good too.

PMSA stands for "Pakistan Maritime Security Agency" so MSA is commonly used these ships sails inside coast lines so if other ships would enter in to our waters could easily understand for what "P" stands for.

PMSA stands for "Pakistan Maritime Security Agency" so MSA is commonly used these ships sails inside coast lines so if other ships would enter in to our waters could easily understand for what "P" stands for.

The issue isn't about "P" or the "MSA", the issue is the easy to understand. And no, MSA isn't a commonly used phrase compared to when you see the big lettered words "Coast Guards" or "Maritime Security" (or Pakistan Maritime Security). Why Apple has more cash then any other business combined (and more than the US government)? Because they made it easy to understand how a Phone or tablet can work. Similarly, make it easy on the global ships. If you know anything about the shipping business, there are very few educated people in a Cargo ship. Trust me on that. But the ships and the force looks very impressive.

The issue isn't about "P" or the "MSA", the issue is the easy to understand. And no, MSA isn't a commonly used phrase compared to when you see the big lettered words "Coast Guards" or "Maritime Security" (or Pakistan Maritime Security). Why Apple has more cash then any other business combined (and more than the US government)? Because they made it easy to understand how a Phone or tablet can work. Similarly, make it easy on the global ships. If you know anything about the shipping business, there are very few educated people in a Cargo ship. Trust me on that. But the ships and the force looks very impressive.

The Apple Example was quite amusing but it has nothing to do with MSA/PMSA. And that isn't the reason of "Apple" success it was due to their revolutionary inventions and the most secure platform the provided and i think everyone loves privacy.

Well back to the topic: you're mixing PMSA with Coast Guard. PMSA doesn't work as Coast Guard it's different organization which has different tasks to perform it works under MOD.

Pakistan also has "Coast guard" which works under MOI. kindly don't consider it as Coast guard.

Here you can clearly understand about both organizations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maritime_Security_Agency
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_Coast_Guards

The Apple Example was quite amusing but it has nothing to do with MSA/PMSA. And that isn't the reason of "Apple" success it was due to their revolutionary inventions and the most secure platform the provided and i think everyone loves privacy.

Well back to the topic: you're mixing PMSA with Coast Guard. PMSA doesn't work as Coast Guard it's different organization which has different tasks to perform it works under MOD.

Pakistan also has "Coast guard" which works under MOI. kindly don't consider it as Coast guard.

Here you can clearly understand about both organizations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maritime_Security_Agency
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_Coast_Guards

There are other companies who have better products than Apple. But Apple took the market due to being the most user friendly device. That was the idea behind the post. Make it easy for people to understand. I know its different than the Coast Guard, but it should say in big bold words Pakistan Maritime Security, etc. Just so its clear. Anyway, I am not trying to troll the thread so I've already given out my opinion. Thanks

There are other companies who have better products than Apple. But Apple took the market due to being the most user friendly device. That was the idea behind the post. Make it easy for people to understand. I know its different than the Coast Guard, but it should say in big bold words Pakistan Maritime Security, etc. Just so its clear. Anyway, I am not trying to troll the thread so I've already given out my opinion. Thanks

i think the most user friendly operating system is Windows phone by Nokia. and after it Andriod. The IOS is the most complex OS. You can start the poll to get my opinion clear from others. Apple just make it look different something Special/Unique from other phones i would say they just know how to make people fool. one thing i would like about Apple is that it's secure that's it. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom