What's new

Movies to watch out for, From Pakistan!

17342757_1598281333546043_9206811860989131118_n.jpg

@django @Hell hound @The Sandman

Mira Sethi signs on to 'Saat Din Mohabbat In'

"There aren't too many comedic roles written for women, so this was an 'AHA!' moment," she says

58ce3e2bd2601.jpg

Here's another performance we're itching to see in Saat Din Mohabbat In.

Meenu and Farjad's upcoming rom-com starring Mahira Khan and Sheheryar Munawar Siddiqui will also feature Mira Sethi in a comedic role.

"I'm playing a British-Punjabi character," she reveals to Images. "It's a comic role. When I read the script I 'lol-ed' silently to myself: veering from Punjabi to BBCD British English is a funny sight to behold. There aren't too many comedic roles written for women, so this was an "AHA!" moment. The writing for my character is terrific."

She adds, "It's not your run-of-the-mill "village" Punjabi, think of a Bradford-tinged accent, so playing with that will be interesting,"

And how is Mira prepping to step into the shoes of her British-Punjabi character?

"I've been watching bits and pieces of reality TV about Pakistanis living in Bradford--there are some funny YouTube videos out there," she tells us.

Saat Din Mohabbat In, scripted by Fasih Bari Khan, follows a young man on a quest to find his true love in a crowded Karachi neighbourhood. Like all good love stories, he will encounter obstacles, both spiritual and physical, that he must overcome in order to achieve his goals.

Mira Sethi signs on to 'Saat Din Mohabbat In'

"There aren't too many comedic roles written for women, so this was an 'AHA!' moment," she says

58ce3e2bd2601.jpg

Here's another performance we're itching to see in Saat Din Mohabbat In.

Meenu and Farjad's upcoming rom-com starring Mahira Khan and Sheheryar Munawar Siddiqui will also feature Mira Sethi in a comedic role.

"I'm playing a British-Punjabi character," she reveals to Images. "It's a comic role. When I read the script I 'lol-ed' silently to myself: veering from Punjabi to BBCD British English is a funny sight to behold. There aren't too many comedic roles written for women, so this was an "AHA!" moment. The writing for my character is terrific."

She adds, "It's not your run-of-the-mill "village" Punjabi, think of a Bradford-tinged accent, so playing with that will be interesting,"

And how is Mira prepping to step into the shoes of her British-Punjabi character?

"I've been watching bits and pieces of reality TV about Pakistanis living in Bradford--there are some funny YouTube videos out there," she tells us.

Saat Din Mohabbat In, scripted by Fasih Bari Khan, follows a young man on a quest to find his true love in a crowded Karachi neighbourhood. Like all good love stories, he will encounter obstacles, both spiritual and physical, that he must overcome in order to achieve his goals.
She is cute but i dont think she can do a comic role

Yasir Hussain's next TV script is about an unlucky man's shaadi woes

No man wants to have to choose between his mother and girlfriend!

58d4f8386e5e7.jpg

The drama serial, also titled Shaadi, doesn't seem too different from what we see on TV these days.

After giving us Karachi Se Lahore and Ho Mann Jahaan (for which he wrote the dialogues) on the big screen, writer/actor Yasir Hussain's written a script for TV and it's based on... you guessed it, shaadi!

The drama serial, also titled Shaadi, doesn't seem too different from what we see on TV these days.

"It's about a man (played by Yasir) whose mother wants him to get married to the woman of her choice, but he is in love with with someone else," shares Yasir with Images.

58d4f6c5e5932.jpg

Yasir with the cast and crew of Shaadi

Don't expect a lot of crying and wailing, though. Yasir has assured us that Shaadi is "a light-hearted drama", sort of like the TV serials of the '80s and '90s.

It's a special drama for Yasir because it's the first drama that he's written and acted in.

Shaadi, directed by Wajahat Rauf, also stars Kubra Khan, Sadia Faisal, Bushra Ansari and Salman Shahid. It will be aired on Eid-ul-Fitr.

Na Maloom Afraad 2

"It was a dream of mine to work with Nabeel Qureshi," she says

58e5fec3130e9.jpg

Hania Aamir is on a roll!

After signing on to Parvaaz Hai Junoon, the young actor has also been roped in to play the leading lady of the Na Maloom Afraad sequel.

"I'll be playing the leading lady in it," says Hania.

Speaking to Images, Hania revealed that her character is a "girl who's been brought up abroad in South Africa" and is romantically involved with one of the main characters.

For Hania, this offer couldn't get any better. She says, "Ever since I saw Actor-In-Law I became a huge Nabeel Qureshi fan. It became a dream of mine to work with him. It's so crazy that the day after I saw that movie I was gushing to a friend about how I'd love to work with this director and then a week after that I was being asked to come for Na Maloom Afraad 2. I just couldn't believe it."

Hania admits that she was a little starstruck when she met Nabeel for the first time. "I immediately told him, 'Listen, I am a fan and I am starstuck right now. Don't talk to me like a normal person, I am such a fan."

About Na Maloom Afraad 2, Hania further reveals, "This film is going to be amazing. I wanted to something different from all these serials. Well, I want to try everything. Like [I'm not playing] some extra happy Jab Wet Met type girl or the ever sad always crying weak girl. It's a funny film, my character also has her funny moments.

She added, "The film isn't about me. I don't mind because I know that not everything can be about me nor should it be so."

Na Maloom Afraad 2 will also feature original cast members including Fahad Mustafa and Mohsin Abbas Haider. Urwa Hocane has also signed on to the flick.

Currently, Hania Aamir is busy with Parvaaz Hai Junoon, another film she's excited to be a part of.

"The cast is awesome. They are just young people... and Hamza. It's been a lot of fun working with them and the story is pretty cool. It's very patriotic," says Hania.

About her character in the film, she says, "My character is more of a happy shiny person, but then she's also serious about what she wants, she's a go-getter."

She's excited that the film has a women's empowerment angle."You'll see how this girl goes after what she wants and what she believes in. In the script you'll see a lot of comments bashing women in the whole 'larki ye nahi karsakti' (a girl can't do this) way. But then you see this woman's journey of how she's gone through everything and achieved what she wants, at least trying to get what she wants, despite wondering if she's fit for it."

How does Hania see her own achievements? Has her rise to stardom changed her as a person, we wonder.

"I feel like I need to be the same person I am. People love me for the person I am and there are people who see my work and want to find out about me but it's when they get to know me that they are eager to work with me. I don't want to be that demanding celebrity or a diva. It is hard though. When you aren't a diva, when you are your normal self, a human, people take you lightly. I have noticed that the stars who throw tantrums and are very harsh are the ones that have people swarming over them and they get what they want.This is a mindset that needs to change in our society. I don't want to have to change myself and become someone I am not, especially when it's such a negative thing and involves me treating someone badly. I am trying to be myself, and that is what needs to be respected."

Ahsan Khan and Ayesha Omar shoot at Lahore train station for Rehbra

The film's shoot has taken the cast from Kund Malir to Karachi to Kasur. shoot for Ahsan Khan and Ayesha Omar's Rehbra is almost complete."The film is almost done, it's 95% done," Ahsan Khan confirms to Images.

The latest shoot for Rehbra, which has been described as a "love story with a twist", took Ahsan and Ayesha to the Lahore railway station.

58e742b576c0d.jpg

The team has constantly been on the move, it seems. One of Ahsan's favourite parts about shooting Rehbra has been shooting for film's songs all over Pakistan.

"We loved picturising the songs because we went to Kund Malir, Gwadar, Kasur, Lahore and Karachi," says Ahsan.

58e742b537278.jpg

"The songs have been the best part," he adds. "I loved doing the songs because the title track is awesome, I loved it. Asim Azhar sang that. And then there's the song by Rahat [Fateh Ali Khan] which is a sad track. That's also a great track, it features an Indian female singer performing for Ayesha. "

58e742b58c550.jpg

Luckily, Ahsan's got great company throughout his travels.

"It's been a great journey working with Ayesha. Ayesha Omar is a great co-star and it was so much fun being with her. [Director] Amin Iqbal has done a great job as well. The producer Saira, who is from US, is a wonderful lady."

58e742b51e874.jpg

"So far it's been a good experience. Tiring but good," Ahsan concludes.

Rehbra also stars Sarish Khan, who will also be seen in Syed Noor's Chein Aey Na. The film is slated for an Eid-ul-Azha release.

The 'Punjab Nahi Jaungi' teaser is out and emotions are all over the place

There are plenty of nice shots, some crying, some unrequited love (we're guessing), but we have no idea what's going on.

58e88ed555a51.jpg

We have no idea what's happening, but what we do know for sure is that there's trouble in paradise.

The teaser for Punjab Nahi Jaungi is out and it's slightly confusing.

The teaser shows a love triangle between Mehwish Hayat, Humayun Saeed and Urwa Hocane, who face a plethora of emotions in the 1-minute video. (oh boy!)

With colourful shots and that very familiar soundtrack, (and ahem shot of Mehwish Hayat in the fields ahem) Punjab Nahi Jaungi looks like a Karan Johar Bolly flick peppered with lots of melodrama.

58e88d768b9dd.jpg

However, during the course of the teaser, the lovey dovey couple, Mehwish Hayat and Humayun Saeed's love takes a turn for the worse as we see an injured Mehwish and a crying Humayun. We're still wondering what Urwa's role in the film is... is she the other woman?

58e88da7c26a5.jpg

We have no idea what's happening, but what we do know for sure is that there's trouble in paradise, because guess what? Mehwish Hayat Punjab nahi jaeygi.

We're quite intrigued at this point and this is one film we want to watch. Punjab Nahi Jaungi is slated for release on Eid-ul-Azha.

Back
Top Bottom