What's new

Most popular watches

Oh come on, these are for college going kids. They do not carry the class of Breitling or Omega. I admit Rolex is a bit over rated, but I'd love to own one.
Can my choice not be different from your's?8-)
I have never seen you wearing watches at all. :P
while watches are at times the only accessory I wear and I make sure its a good one.:rolleyes:

I like functional watches- semi casual, suits my dresses(and their colours), which can be worn anytime of the day (night or day). Plus not excessively priced.
I don't mind shelling Dhs 2000-3000 for a good watch. But other than the brand name it should have unique features.

ROLEX? noooooooohhh
It reminds me of all the ppl who used to return from Middle east with shiny golden watches. :partay:

Omega? the constellation collection is just toooo dhinchak. Not my type. :disagree:

Breitling? umm I don't know much about them I confess.

Wow!
that Tissot was sooo cool. :cheesy:

okay...out of this thread.

Ciao. :)

VQIOk5b.jpg

5YVnC0E.jpg

Can my choice not be different from your's?8-)
I have never seen you wearing watches at all. :P
while watches are at times the only accessory I wear and I make sure its a good one.:rolleyes:

I like functional watches- semi casual, suits my dresses(and their colours), which can be worn anytime of the day (night or day). Plus not excessively priced.
I don't mind shelling Dhs 2000-3000 for a good watch. But other than the brand name it should have unique features.

ROLEX? noooooooohhh
It reminds me of all the ppl who used to return from Middle east with shiny golden watches. :partay:

Omega? the constellation collection is just toooo dhinchak. Not my type. :disagree:

Breitling? umm I don't know much about them I confess.

I do not wear watches most of the time, mainly because when I'm working, most of my body is covered in clean room clothes. I wear it in social gatherings and parties on weekends.

Girard-Perregaux 1966
PoLiAgk.png
PWljycL.png

GP- WWTC
TV1FkJE.jpg

gp - Constant Escapement
ZgR3xi6.png

Seamaster 300M Co-Axial Chronograph GMT
vbUTeos.jpg

Seamaster 2254.50 -- Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
QtTCrzN.jpg
Z3lKMGe.jpg
0a97tfe.jpg

SBGE001

Hey how will you rate these? the best the second, third and so on? any list?

Add in the prices and this thread can become even more useful :P
IF that is not too much to ask for!!

Also one other suggestion, since you are into all this, why don't give a list, say, rate a watch as best and runner up in each price category/different price ranges. One can select his/her price range and see what YOU are recommending in that range. Again, IF, this is not too much to ask.

Believe me, if you can do this, awam duain dy ge :) :tup:
So please do consider this.

Also one other suggestion, since you are into all this, why don't give a list, say, rate a watch as best and runner up in each price category/different price ranges. One can select his/her price range and see what YOU are recommending in that range. Again, IF, this is not too much to ask.

I have posted the most popular models of these companies. I have not taken into consideration the cost [although I've tried not to go above 10k] , resale value or the total number of watches you want in your watch collection. Some people buy same type of watch from different companies, whereas others try to get one good watch from all categories.

Out of the ones Ive posted, I own 1 omega and 1 JLC. I plan to get a rolex next. I own 3 tags but I now consider them as a waste of money

If you are planning to buy 1 watch for all occasions, it will be a different watch however if you plan to get 3-4 watches, then that list will be different. All the watches however will be from the ones ive already posted. Some people have a horological association with one watch and they dont care of its resale.So what kind of list you want?

There are several categories... chronographs, swimming, gmt, formal, daily beater etc---
It all boils down to if you want several watches from only one category, one good watch from every category or
one good watch from all of the top 10 companies.

a] Do you want just 1 watch for all occasions?
Look no further than rolex explorer1 or rolex datejust ..
Tudor Heritage Ranger is a poor mans expl1.
Omega's small railmaster is out of production.You might be able to get away with omega aqua terra.
If you will buy only one watch in your lifetime, then dont get the tudor, get the rolex exp1.....
Grand seiko doesnt have that much brand recognition however they make a lot of watches in this category

b] In terms of swimming watches, blancpain fifty fathoms and rolex submariner/sea dweller are on top.
Blancpain is only known for 1 model in its watch line.. the fifty fathoms... Like AP[part of the holy trinity AP/VC/PP, which is only known for royal oak.. however we are not talking about the holy trinity in this thread.]
Tudor Black bay / pelagos , brietling super ocean and omega seamaster are the options on a 'relative' budget. Under 1k dive watches, no one can beat seiko's quality

c] In terms of GMTs, rolex takes the lead with the big pan-am pepsi or batman gmt2.
Second option at half the cost is again a rolex... the explorer2... which is a cross between explorer1 and gmt2.After that you have the omega seamaster gmt and the seiko spring drive gmt

d] In terms of chronographs... omega speed master pro- moon watch manual is probably the best watch..most collectors start from this watch as this is the best in its category but its not the costliest.
Below it is the rolex daytona,zenth el-premero and iwc portuguese.. below that tag monaco.. below that tag cerara, omega speedmaster reduced automatic and omega speedmaster mark2

e] Ive posted several aviator/pilot watches-- I think navitimer is good. In a situation of equal indifference, go for the cheapest of the three

f] In the formal category omega de ville, jlc master control, jlc reverso or thin moon phase . Rolex datejust need to be mentioned here again.

g] The rolex milgaus is a good anti magnetic watch for engineers

e] My daily beater is a grand carera

f] Do you care more about horology than cost/resale value?

If you want to buy horlogical watches but cant afford new, then look at the sold list at ebay to judge its used price range-- however in pak, this is a pain. Reverso, fifty-fathoms are some examples --- the great thing is, in pak no one knows of them--i like this understated approach when i wear my jlc

COST
The minimum cost of a good watch that you can pass on to your kids is 3-4k dollars new/used. These watches rarely have sales

However luxury watches start from speedmaster pro- moon watch. You cant go wrong with it. Some of the watches of brietling, longines and tudor cost less than the speedy... however that is still substantial money [around 2k] and should be saved to get a watch like speedy in my view

If you cant do that, then wait for annual sales ads etc on tag, remond weil, fredrique constant, nomos, tissot, hamilton to get a watch at 50% off brand new at 1k mark. I think its been a year since i wore my carera and the 1887. I would call them as fashion / disposable watches as they depreciate more than 50% on day1 of your shopping

If you just want a basic decent watch, get the tag calibre7 twin time-slightly above 1k. There are 2 offical dealers in lahore...in december last year i was on the verge of buying it but ended up buying fredrque constant's moon phase

I think you are from lahore-- check the international watch company building in gulberg.They dont carry omega/rolex. You can also check mall of lahore building or shops on m.m.alam rd. Or you can ask @Syed.Ali.Haider if he is kind enough to buy from ebay and sent it to you from the u.s:-)

IMG_0071.jpg

Here's my collection, 42mm two in one. Bought a 20 dollar metal strap and it turns into a formal Iwatch.

Back
Top Bottom