What's new

Mosques closed in China's Urumqi

bonuchikla

New Recruit

Reaction score
Pakistan all weather friend China banned all muslims in Xinxiang( East Turkestan) capital city Urumqi from offering Friday prayers,As the people of pakistan do feel strongly for All muslims in this world and consider Pakistan as a legitimate leader for Muslims rights across the globe, whether its Israel Atrocities on palestinian Muslim or Babri mosque demolition and godhra riots in India and brutalities of Indian armed forces in Kashmir and elsewhere.

So i just want to know how people of pakistan feel about this, becuase on the one hand is Pakistan's best friend China and on the other hand is muslim brotherhood , the very basis of Pakistan creation, whom People of pakistan will support, Govt of china crackdown or muslims struggle in Xinxiang( East Turkestan)?
===
Source:The Nation online edition
Date:11 July 2009
==

The normally bustling mosques of China's Urumqi city were orderedshut on the main Muslim day of prayer on Friday with police out in force to prevent new outbreaks of deadly ethnic unrest. Uighur Muslims said they had been directed to pray at home, as armed forces saturated the streets of the northwest Xinjiang region's capital five days after clashes that authorities said left 156 people dead. "The government said there would be no Friday prayers," said a Uighur man named Tursun outside the Hantagri mosque, one of the oldest in the capital, as about 100 policemen carrying machine guns and batons stood guard nearby. Xinjiang's eight million Uighurs have long complained about religious, political and economic repression under Chinese rule, and this deep-set anger spilled out on Sunday in protests that quickly turned violent. The Chinese government said 156 people were killed and more than 1,000 others were injured, as Uighur Muslims attacked people from China's dominant Han ethnic group.

btw what it is doing in Pakistan's Strategic & Geopolitical Issues. You can put it in indian section if not china or general one.

I dont no how it is related with Indians?

Ishara kafi hein.. but woh tho ishara hona chahiye..!!!! ;)

I think they banned to make sure that the problem is not escalated...!!!

So that they can unite their hate towards india, bash india, trollers can troll and ultimately move article's focus from core issue. Result - Moderator closes the thread. :victory:

Some mosques in the western Chinese city of Urumqi have opened their doors to worshippers, in spite of an earlier order for them to stay closed.

At least two mosques opened after crowds gathered outside. It was not immediately clear if the authorities had sanctioned the move.

The BBC's Quentin Sommerville, outside one of the mosques, was told by one worshipper that they had insisted they be allowed in - and the gates were opened without any resistance or violence.

"We decided to open the mosque because so many people had gathered. We did not want an incident," a policeman outside the White Mosque in a Uighur neighbourhood told the Associated Press.
BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Some mosques defy order to shut

Pakistan all weather friend China banned all muslims in Xinxiang( East Turkestan) capital city Urumqi from offering Friday prayers,As the people of pakistan do feel strongly for All muslims in this world and consider Pakistan as a legitimate leader for Muslims rights across the globe, whether its Israel Atrocities on palestinian Muslim or Babri mosque demolition and godhra riots in India and brutalities of Indian armed forces in Kashmir and elsewhere.

So i just want to know how people of pakistan feel about this, becuase on the one hand is Pakistan's best friend China and on the other hand is muslim brotherhood , the very basis of Pakistan creation, whom People of pakistan will support, Govt of china crackdown or muslims struggle in Xinxiang( East Turkestan)?
===
Source:The Nation online edition
Date:11 July 2009
==

The normally bustling mosques of China's Urumqi city were orderedshut on the main Muslim day of prayer on Friday with police out in force to prevent new outbreaks of deadly ethnic unrest. Uighur Muslims said they had been directed to pray at home, as armed forces saturated the streets of the northwest Xinjiang region's capital five days after clashes that authorities said left 156 people dead. "The government said there would be no Friday prayers," said a Uighur man named Tursun outside the Hantagri mosque, one of the oldest in the capital, as about 100 policemen carrying machine guns and batons stood guard nearby. Xinjiang's eight million Uighurs have long complained about religious, political and economic repression under Chinese rule, and this deep-set anger spilled out on Sunday in protests that quickly turned violent. The Chinese government said 156 people were killed and more than 1,000 others were injured, as Uighur Muslims attacked people from China's dominant Han ethnic group.

Amazes me... World leaders for Muslim rights... and slaughter Muslims in your own backyard??

check the comments after me, you will find indian are mostly interested in this issue. So i thought it can be at indian section. but not in Pakistan's section any how.

btw what is the reason of so huge o cry? they closed the mosque because of the security reasons. where hans chinese are searching for urumqi to kill. And since these violence are between civilians, that's why it is hard to chinese government to buffer up. so they close the mosques, for this week. it is the security for them.

check the comments after me, you will find indian are mostly interested in this issue. So i thought it can be at indian section. but not in Pakistan's section any how.

btw what is the reason of so huge o cry? they closed the mosque because of the security reasons. where hans chinese are searching for urumqi to kill. And since these violence are between civilians, that's why it is hard to chinese government to buffer up. so they close the mosques, for this week. it is the security for them.

Pls dont derail the theard. You need to check this thread is not started by indian. we indians not interested what happening in china. noway it is related to india:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom