What's new

Mortaza reports spot-fixing in Bangladesh Premier League

Mblaze

Reaction score
Mortaza reports spot-fixing in Bangladesh Premier League

334076-BPL_OFFICIAL_LOGOwikipedia-1328818656-335-640x480.JPG

00066452-image.jpg

Mashrafe Mortaza the former Caption of Bangladesh Cricket Team

Bangladesh Premier League has been hit by fixing allegations even before the tournament gets underway with Mashrafe Mortaza claiming he was approached to spot-fix games by a fellow cricketer.

Mortaza, former Bangladesh skipper, is in charge of the Dhaka Gladiators in the BPL, and has already informed the team about the approach.

"I have told my team management and I'm sure they will do the right thing," Mortaza said.

Bangladesh media have also quoted Mortaza as saying that he would step down from captaincy if he suspects any wrongdoing during the tournament.

According to reports, Mortaza was asked about the matches he was likely to feature in and whether he would be wearing sunglasses or a cap and in return the all-rounder would get 15-20% of the spot-fixing earnings.

BPL governing council secretary Sirajuddin Mohammad Alamgir said Mortaza should have come to them first.

"We have found out after reading the newspaper reports. I don't understand why he went to the press before telling us. There's a proper process for all this," Alamgir said.

Alamgir said that the information would be passed on to the ICC Anti-Corruption and Security office who is in Bangladesh for the event

Mortaza reports spot-fixing in Bangladesh - Cricket - Sportal India

Fixing claim hits BPL before launch – The Express Tribune

Back
Top Bottom