What's new

Monstrosity against freedom of speech of citizens - Internet censorship

arihant

Reaction score
Google, Yahoo, Hotmail must be banned in Pakistan – Lahore High Court | Reshap.com

Islamabad : Pakistan’s Lahore High Court Bench today asked Telecom Authority to ban nine major websites which includes Google, Yahoo and Hotmail. However when asked to officials, they denied receiving any such order.

Lahore High Court Bench Bahawalpur, hearing the petition told that this sites contain offensive material against Pakistan as well as Islam and therefore ban should be levied on such sites. He has asked Chairman of Pakistan Telecom Authority to remain present on June 28 for further hearing.

Major Sites which has been ordered to be banned includes Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, Bing, MSN, Amazon, Youtube, Twitter.

Earlier many major sites have been blocked by Pakistan Telecom Authority which includes recent blocking of Facebook as well as Youtube which banned earlier.

Media reports suggest that this could severly hurt Pakistan because 80% of users regularly visit this major websites.

Source..

very strange. Because its upto people what they want to look. Some might want to know what others think about them

Thought this is the right of the Pakistan and also an internal matter. However, one must wonder what is the rationale behind such orders. No such move was taken by any other Islamic nation. This might only hampers the Pakistan's image and discouraging investors.

Or, this could be a case of "Chai se jyada Ketali garam"...

not a valid source

go to the source link - its more like a blog

wait for authentic source and please close this thread until confirmed by authentic newspapers

Pakistan may ban Yahoo, Google, MSN

LAHORE: Deputy Attorney General, Bahawalpur, Muhammad Azad has said that the Lahore High Court has ordered Ministry of Information officials to appear in court regarding the blockage of nine websites including Google, Yahoo, YouTube and MSN.

Rabia Mehmood, reporter Express 24/7 confirmed that a writ petition had been filed by a citizen in the Bahawalpur bench of the LHC seeking a ban on websites publishing blasphemous material and misquoting the Holy Quran.

The Lahore High Court (LHC) has ordered Ministry of Information officials to appear before the court on June 28, after which a decision will be taken regarding blockage of the sites.

Websites included on the ban list are:

* Google
* Yahoo
* Bing
* YouTube
* Hotmail
* MSN
* Amazon
* IslamExposed
* InTheNameofAllah

According to Azad the ban will not be implemented today as indicated by early reports in the media. The fate of the nine websites will be decided following the June 28 hearing, he said.

Pakistan may ban Yahoo, Google, MSN – The Express Tribune

not a valid source

go to the source link - its more like a blog

wait for authentic source and please close this thread until confirmed by authentic newspapers

Zaki Bhai it's all over the news. A friend of mine witnessed the idiocracy in the court as well.

Welcome to the stone age my friends. We ban everything. This is Maulana Maududi's Pakistan.

Lets start using pigeons for communication bird age not stone age :partay:

Anyway if anyone thinks this can be implemented than he/she is an idiot because even the highest court had put ban on Facebook for few days and all is back.

Search engines cant be blocked. Above all we have some good orgs, groups who are fighting against internet censorship.

Note: There is one long thread on internet censorship in Pakistan and this news is already posted there

This will be a terrible decision. Just more publicity to the Islamphobic websites if there are any that are listed.

Wonder if its more of a politically motivated ban to reduce public access to alternative information sources by the govt. in the garb of "defending Islam"?

Hello guys if government is doing such things then it might be a case of un-professionalism. Several people are earning via Google or searching good and latest online jobs in pakistan.. I am against the propaganda doing by some anti Islam communities but i think the better way is to do some other useful things for the safety of Islam...

I love Islam!

I wonder what this government is trying to prove :angry:

bunch of idiots :flame:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom