What's new

Mohammed Morsi: Egypt's ex-leader sentenced to death

I doubt that they will really execute him.
Besides, in a German news it said that some Mufti must give his OK before they would do it.

I doubt that they will really execute him.
Besides, in a German news it said that some Mufti must give his OK before they would do it.

No he doesn't have to. even if he refused his POV isn't mandatory to the court.

Totally agree with you on dealing with Mubarak regime's figures the same way. I wasn't supporting anyone just explaining how much influential the MB really was, according to human rights groups and every Anti-Sisi group they criticize him for jailing about 40 thousand islamist, if you are keeping up with the Egyptian news you'd see that only few of islamists are still making noise in Egypt in Ain Shams ( a neighborhood in a city in a governorate in a country), if 40K islamist is all it takes to crush the MB I don't think they are really considered part of Egyptian population.

Edit:

P.S. : Egypt's population is +90,000,000.

If they're only 40,000 they would have executed Morsi a long time ago.

Hazzy crying into his Koran :rofl:

Good to see the leader of the original terrorist group that has spawned Al Qaeda, HAMAS, ISIS, Islamic Jihad etc is going to face justice.

Though I cannot understand the minds of Middle East people, I agree with post No.3. People should have patience!! Revolutions/Anger within short spans will not solve anything. Now some body after some time will come to power and put Sisi in trial and the cycle goes on.

Hazzy crying into his Koran :rofl:

Good to see the leader of the original terrorist group that has spawned Al Qaeda, HAMAS, ISIS, Islamic Jihad etc is going to face justice.

You are one funny man :lol:

Mohammed Morsi: Egypt's ex-leader sentenced to death
_51606573_fa1d16c0-9c6c-4f82-b0b8-ab66ddd94f78.jpg

An Egyptian court has sentenced ousted president Mohammed Morsi to death over a mass prison break in 2011.

The former leader has already been sentenced to 20 years in jail for ordering the arrest and torture of protesters during his time in power.

Morsi was deposed by the military in July 2013 following mass street protests against his rule.

Since then, the authorities have banned his Muslim Brotherhood movement and arrested thousands of his supporters.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

If you want to receive Breaking News alerts via email, or on a smartphone or tablet via the BBC News App then details on how to do so are available on this help page. You can also follow @BBCBreaking on Twitter to get the latest alerts.
Sissi is leading Egypt to a civil war. Egypt needs to get rid of this man and hold elections and Muslim Brotherhood should be allowed to participate and let people decide.

Muslims Brotherhood would become radicalised, yes they have their Islamist beliefs but I don't think they believe in terrorism at least they didn't until their elected leader was removed. He should have been jailed, Sisi should have tried to split Muslim Brotherhood into smaller political parties and perhaps make some new ones to break their street power, seriously Egyptian Generals need to learn from our Generals on how to rule your country and break bigger political groups.:lol:

Agreed completely with the bold part. We can expect terrorist attacks on Egyptian military forces to increase in the near future. Islamist's who are ousted from the political mainstream of a country will undoubtedly go radical. Given how messed up Egypts surroundings are atm (ISIS in Libya), radicals within Egypt will no doubt collaborate with such elements to hurt the Egyptian military. As for our generals they are class acts no doubt haha.

Well as some Arabs blamed iran for the execution of Saddam now I'm sure if this sentence executed they also are going to blame iran and as this sentence is going to make Egypt unstable for a long time they are also going to blame iran for that.

Well as some Arabs blamed iran for the execution of Saddam now I'm sure if this sentence executed they also are going to blame iran and as this sentence is going to make Egypt unstable for a long time they are also going to blame iran for that.

The vast majority of Arabs are happy to see Morsi disappear.

it is always non arab countries like iran and turkey which harm the collective policy of the islamic ummah. the pan arabic islamic state.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom