What's new

Mohammad Rizwan praying on NYC streets

Who cares? It's a free country. As long as you're not getting in the way of people, I see no harm in it. I wouldn't personally do it for a multitude of reasons but whatever.

It is nothing more then showboating, there is a mosque on every street corner in any urban metro. He could have just walked a few minutes to offer his prayers in a mosque, what message does that give others about his/her faith? it is no wonder most Muslim immigrants are ghettoized and don't do much outside of driving cabs, living on government assistance, or working as low level drones in Kebab shops or Halal food markets.
Did you forget to take your dementia meds this morning? Which White or Black ghetto do you come from then since the Pakistanis in the US are out performing you.

242484013_578330210270729_2378576118800003973_n.jpg

It's a free country. As long as you're not getting in the way of people, I see no harm in it. I wouldn't personally do it for a multitude of reasons but whatever.
Free country
USA is a free country. Mohammad Rizwan can pray on the sidewalk if he wants to.
"Free country" doesn't mean one can yell fire in a crowded movie theater or call in bomb threats to elementary schools without repercussions. I can also wear clown shoes and put on a dress with makeup to my shop, doesn't mean customers will laugh at me or call me a fool for doing such.
Did you forget to take your dementia meds this morning? Which White or Black ghetto do you come from then since the Pakistanis in the US are out performing you.

242484013_578330210270729_2378576118800003973_n.jpg
First off, I should get my flag changed as I am not a White American, so people will stop launching ad hominems when I present alternative viewpoints. Secondly, the immigrants that come to America are the best of the best, while folk who are native to America belong from upper to middle to working class backgrounds so their median income will naturally be skewed more lower. If you bask your pride and worth in your job and annual salary, I can only feel pity for you.

They don't have to showcase it in front of the whole world, and how much of a difference does a few minutes take? religion is an affair between man and god, not some fashion label to show off to others.

That is one isolated incident of a bunch of lunatics, and even then you don't see consistent trends of Hindus praying on the streets or blocking traffic to pray. You won't find much Sikhs or Christians praying on the streets, they have the decency to keep their faith to themselves and pray behind closed doors.
There is a trend of Muslims being increasing harassed in India, in doing what was considered normal a few years ago. Despite all the problems in Pakistan, this thread is proving the justification for the existence of Pakistan, that at some point, Muslims won’t be tolerated in India.

You sound pretty creepy

Really? Maybe you should police your own because everyday they’re creating new profiles on here and masquerading as Pakistanis while posting negative news about Pakistanis and Muslims. Hell, the OP already has an extensive pattern of doing this. We know we know, an Indian has to defend the indianness in front of the non Indians so I don’t expect much out of you.

"Free country" doesn't mean one can yell fire in a crowded movie theater or call in bomb threats to elementary schools without repercussions. I can also wear clown shoes and put on a dress with makeup to my shop, doesn't mean customers will laugh at me or call me a fool for doing such.
You see any of that happening here ??
So i dont get your point.

Now lets see a Christian openly pray on the streets of Lahore and see what happens.

Doesn’t that happen already?

If people are bickering over people’s personal beliefs it’s probably because they have too much idle time. If people have a vibrant meritocratic economy in which to build themselves up, then most people will have to drop any major prejudices they may still hold, if they want to be part of the future. If the system is rigidly meritocratic, it will change the culture, not all at once, but over time.

Really? Maybe you should police your own because everyday they’re creating new profiles on here and masquerading as Pakistanis while posting negative news about Pakistanis and Muslims.
If you know about these, mention them. When I was last here, perhaps a couple of years ago, we had a fairly robust moderators' team. None of the Indians who mean to be here in good faith - many of us - will support these 'false flaggers'.

Hell, the OP already has an extensive pattern of doing this.
Have you reported him? Why not, if you have not done so already?
The report button is a powerful weapon.

We know we know, an Indian has to defend the indianness in front of the non Indians so I don’t expect much out of you.
That is a most annoying remark. That is not the way I have spent my time on PDF. I have given away a lot of -ve as well as +ve ratings, and they have been equally distributed. One of the complaints by the Sanghis here is about their receiving negative ratings from me.

So please don't make horrible remarks like that, without checking my past record and my profile. That includes my reputation and standing with your management.

First off, I should get my flag changed as I am not a White American, so people will stop launching ad hominems when I present alternative viewpoints. Secondly, the immigrants that come to America are the best of the best, while folk who are native to America belong from upper to middle to working class backgrounds so their median income will naturally be skewed more lower. If you bask your pride and worth in your job and annual salary, I can only feel pity for you.
Are you a moron? There are LGBT parades in USA, and then you get riled up at Mohammad Rizwan praying on the sidewalk in public?

Absolutely nothing negative would happen.
I concur with you, nobody in Pakistan would care.

Absolutely nothing negative would happen.
Says someone who does not live in Pakistan and likely does not know a single Pakistani Christian. There was this one Christian chap who ran a restaurant in Lahore which was successful at first, until word came out that he was Christian and from there most of his customers stopped eating at his place as they didnt want to eat food cooked by a Christian. I can only imagine if a Christian screamed Hail the Lord or did a Catholic prayer on a street.

Article in French, you can translate it.

Are you a moron? There are LGBT parades in USA, and then you get riled up at Mohammad Rizwan praying on the sidewalk in public?
And those LGBTQ+ loonies get laughed at and mocked, just like Muslims doing public prayers and showboating their piousness, and rightfully so. Both are a public nuisance and no one wants to see it.

Says someone who does not live in Pakistan and likely does not know a single Pakistani Christian. There was this one Christian chap who ran a restaurant in Lahore which was successful at first, until word came out that he was Christian and from there most of his customers stopped eating at his place as they didnt want to eat food cooked by a Christian. I can only imagine if a Christian screamed Hail the Lord or did a Catholic prayer on a street.

Article in French, you can translate it.

And those LGBTQ+ loonies get laughed at and mocked, just like Muslims doing public prayers and showboating their piousness, and rightfully so. Both are a public nuisance and no one wants to see it.

Actually I know several Pakistani Christians. They worked as contractors in our family home when it was under construction. We ate at the same table as them. They did a lot of work in the AJK area as they were qualified and cheap. Originally from Punjab.

Back
Top Bottom