What's new

Modi pushes 'obsolete' Tejas on reluctant military

RASSI JAL GAI, BAL NAHEE NIKLA

4 threads r running on the same topic
Windy was trying to flame bait

India is going for 36 and it doesnt makes sense to go for only 2 sqd...
You will see.more in coming years

RASSI JAL GAI, BAL NAHEE NIKLA
It doesnt makes sense
IAF would not go for just 36 jets

Desperate times calls for desperate.meaaures
Maintaining 42 Sqd is the priority now
We got good.number of 4.5 gen fighters
We can.add more.later

Rafales will touch 100 for sure

General characteristics

• Crew: 1
  • Length: 13.20 m (43 ft 4 in)
  • Wingspan: 8.20 m (26 ft 11 in)
  • Height: 4.40 m (14 ft 9 in)
  • Wing area: 38.4 m² (413 ft²)
  • Empty weight: 6,500 kg (14,300 lb)
  • Loaded weight: 9,500 kg (20,944 lb)
  • Max. takeoff weight: 13,200 kg (29,100 lb)
  • Powerplant: 1 × General Electric F404-GE-IN20 turbofan
    • Dry thrust: 53.9 kN (12,100 lbf)
    • Thrust with afterburner: 89.8 kN (20,200 lbf)
  • Internal fuel capacity: 2,458 kg
  • External fuel capacity: 2 x 1,200-litre drop tank at inboard, 1 x 725-litre drop tank under fuselage
Performance

Armament

• Guns: 1× mounted 23 mm twin-barrel GSh-23 cannon with 220 rounds of ammunition.
  • Hardpoints: 8 ( 1× beneath the port-side intake trunk for targeting pods, 6× wing, and 1× fuselage) with a capacity of 3,500 kg external fuel and ordnance

Range is 3000Km . . . ferry range 1700Km :o: . Dafaq . . .. . . . what is the true range of tejas by the way.

Range is 3000Km . . . ferry range 1700Km :o: . Dafaq . . .. . . . what is the true range of tejas by the way.

Its combat radius is 500 km as per official source. Some say 300km.

This has given multiple, just look at ur back :rofl:

gslv-mkiii-x-13.jpg
Its combat radius is 500 km as per official source. Some say 300km.
No it's 500 km confirmed by Ministry of defence. So wiki source is correct as it taken source From Mod official press release itself.

500 without IFR it will be twice after IFR probe will be added

No it's 500 km confirmed by Ministry of defence. So wiki source is correct as it taken source From Mod official press release itself.

500 without IFR it will be twice after IFR probe will be added

I couldnt find any source , it's not on bronchure .can you provide it?

Cruise missile is as indigenous as your jets and drones. :P Everything got Chinese rubber stamp on back.

Just a simple question - A country cant even manufacture anything close to locomotive and they talking about cruise missile with mard-e-momin terrain hugging capability.
They don't need locos man!!..they have thunders for that!

I couldnt find any source , it's not on bronchure .can you provide it?
Here is official source By Press information Bureau,Govt of India
"LCA Tejas is capable of flying non- stop to destinations over 1700 km away (Ferry Range). It's Radius of Action is upto 500 km depending upon the nature and duration of actual combat."

Press Information Bureau

Attachments

• LCA Tejas Gets Initial Operational Clearance for Induction into IAF.pdf
    198.2 KB · Views: 7
Looks like it hit you well..... take one more... i know it comes in your dream... :lol:

And this...

unfurlable-antenna-of-gsat-6-stowed-mode_082215033111.jpg

And this...

GSAT-7.JPG

:lol:

@DESERT FIGHTER @Windjammer

Soon more burns coming for you guys... this.. :D

Aditya%2BBeam%2BDelivery%2BSystem.jpg

Dragging in an irrelevant topic into a thread about your Tejas just goes to prove who is burning and desperate to cover the shortcomings, i mean when you are asked to milk a Cow, why are you keen to fiddle under a Bull.
BTW, when millions of Indians each morning look for SPACE, it has nothing to do with Mars or Moon. :D

3000 range is without any armaments in a very high altitude and low subsonik speed (idle cruising conditiond) one way & on internal feul

ferry range means range with air to air missiles (1.5-2 tonne)in supersonik speed at an altitude of 12-14 km one way on internal feul

and combat radius is with full combat load (3.5-4 tonne) in medium or low or medium altitude in two way (air base -to target and back)

3000 range is without any armaments in a very high altitude and low subsonik speed (idle cruising conditiond) one way & on internal feul

ferry range means range with air to air missiles (1.5-2 tonne)in supersonik speed at an altitude of 12-14 km one way on internal feul

and combat radius is with full combat load (3.5-4 tonne) in medium or low or medium altitude in two way (air base -to target and back)

I think ferry range is with maximum fuel i.e all external fuel tanks . . . and armed with minimal load. And all the fighters i have seen they have bigger ferry range as compared to the simple range figure (internal fuel and no load). So i was surprised to see the figures you gave where ferry range was less than the range in clean configuration.

I think ferry range is with maximum fuel i.e all external fuel tanks . . . and armed with minimal load. And all the fighters i have seen they have bigger ferry range as compared to the simple range figure (internal fuel and no load). So i was surprised to see the figures you gave where ferry range was less than the range in clean configuration.
well when you knew that why did you asked me :azn:

i know ferry range is with 3 extra tanks but said it to know your response and you were so predictable :haha:

thing is with full load on internal feul tejas has a range of 350-500KM depending on altitude , speed and manuvouring and that is fine for a point defnce fighter and with a proposed 1000KG reduction in wieght and new airintakes its gonna be much much better

we want it for internal air interception and that kind of range is more than enof as it wont be fighting in isolation nor should pakistanies be worried too much about it as tejas should be last of your worries what your airforce has to deal in event of a war are MKI , M2K, Mig 29s and jaguars that too backed by AWACs cover by Phalcon and DRDO AWACS and all those multi band and multi layered ground and aerostat based indian radars

think about it ... im not even talking about proposed AESA based MLU for MKis or rafales or the FGFA/PAKFA :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom