What's new

Modernization of the Pakistan Army Aviation

superbikez

BANNED
Reaction score
Modernization of the Army Aviation is underway with the procurement of new transport and attack helicopters from the United States, Russia and Europe. Finalized acquisitions include 26 Bell 412EP and at least a dozen Mi-17 medium-lift transport helicopters from the U.S and Russia, respectively.

Forty Bell 407 and an unknown number of Fennec light helicopters from the U.S. and Eurocopter have also been ordered, respectively. Plans are underway to begin replacing the IAR 330 Puma, older Mil Mi-8/17, Bell Jet Rangers and older Huey helicopters; options include the Eurocopter NH-90 Tactical Transport Helicopter and UH-60M Blackhawk.

The Pakistan Army has procured dozens of excess AH-1 Cobra attack helicopters since 2002, at least 20 have been brought into service to supplement the serving 18. These gunships are expected to add muscle to current terrorist support operations in NWFP. The army reportedly has upgraded its entire fleet with AH-1Z King Cobra avionics and new weapon systems such as the TOW-2 and Hellfire missiles.

Up to 30 new-generation attack helicopters will be procured to further enhance the Army's attack aviation arm; options include the Eurocopter Tiger, South African AH-2 Rooivalk and Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow. It is likley that Pakistan ordered 6 AH-64D Apache Longbows.

Pakistan Coming up heliz

UH-60M Blackhawk

army.mil-2007-11-16-161606.jpg

AH-64D Apache Longbow

163051635e686cb72793dea9ef683559.jpg

AH-1Z King Super Cobra

ab8883b7ee7efec4702e8547a2d4f2d8.jpg

AH-2 Rooivalk

ce250b4db489968c39e6e9c1c10ab615.jpg

Bell 407

d731fbe73d0271e438c3e1ecd6306a14.jpg

NH-90

1b2045d9ae41a4a5a4c724deaab176c4.jpg

Now first im confuzed about this news.. IS THIS NEWS is TRUE or not ? i heared and read this topic on sum different website... I am bit confuze about this topic if anybuddy know about this news so please confirm this

thanks,

Last edited:
I didnt even know that the Cobras could carry hellfires before I saw that picture!(that thing has like half a dozen Hellfires PLUS rockets!). Too bad our Cobras are only ever armed with one to two TOW missiles...:frown:

Only twin engine cobras can carry Hellfire missiles. Single engine cobras like Pak cobras cannot carry Helfire missiles.

PakCobras can carry max upto 8 TOW missiles. However, due to weight limitations carrying capacity is reduced, and upto 4 are carried.

I believe all this news is dated. Most the helis such as the Mi-17s, Bell 412s and the Fennecs are already on hand and in service.

Our Cobras getting the AH-1Z upgrade is news. Are you sure about this? We just got upgraded Cobras and none of them have gone through the AH-1z upgrade. All of our Cobras are to be C-nited over a period of time. They are still AH-1Fs with RF guided (wireless) TOWs and wired TOWs.

As far as I know C-nite is outdated. ButPAF is not allowed to get a better and cheaper equipment.

H Khan told DefenseNews that PA is looking for a new generation attack helicopter...the Turks will reportedly offer the T-129.

ya maybe this news is true but what do you think about UH-60 blackhawk, Apache 64D longbow .... ?

AH-64D was requested but it was turned down n then even in 2006-7 every1 was saying that PA will acquire Z-10's(50) from cina in 2010-11.If they r not so stupid they must retire as the new system will available like wat i'm going 2 say: instead of black-hawk's they should go for NH-90 just single with 407's not even fennec which looks like a penic.
The main thing is that try 2 convert cobras into UCRV's-Unmanned combat rotary vehicles with integrated dynamics , IDS and Satuma.

I think the PA will procure one of T-129 and WZ-10 for the new-generation attack helicopter requirement. For the replacement of Puma and older Bell helicopters, I see them choosing one of AW149 or Z-15. The AW149/Z-15 will not only replace the Puma/old Bells, but also maintain commonality with the PN's Seaking replacement; the helicopters in the growing Emergency & Relief Corps; possible PAF acquisitions; Air Assault units in the military, etc.

Anyone know why we just dont order the twin engined Hellfire capable "King Cobra" versions or what ever they are called to cover our helicopter gap? That would simplify things and sure beats going for expensive and complicated new systems like the Apache...

UH-60 blackhawk, Apache 64D longbow !
come on , we cant have them , because uncle sam doesnt like the idea.
out of option?:azn:

I knew I'd seen this info in post one before its...WIKIPEDIA

Regarding AH1Z this can also carry sidewinder missiles on its wing stubs which are considerably larger than previous models and I have seen somewhere footage of them launching a maverick missile.

if its treu than very good news bcuase pak military always need such steps.

Only way is to go by Turkish-Chinese Attack helicopters. What abt Apaches?

Its time Pakistan gets the Chinooks too

Pakistan Naval Forces, Pakistan Army Aviation, Pakistan Navy's Air Arm etc are fields where Indian side has a clear advantage..

Pakistan ground forces, Pakistan armor, Pakistan Air Force, Mechanized Infantry etc are very capable against India..but the above mention things are its weakness.

Back
Top Bottom