What's new

MNA's individual vote in no-trust proceeding has no status: Justice Munib

The MNAs can resign, it will lower the number of votes required for a no-confidence vote to succeed.

That is not the case in Pakistan. Irrespective of the actual strength of NA, at any time, number of votes, required for Vote of No-Confidence, or Confidence, remain 172.

they can cast vote but after casting vote will it be count or not thats speaker authority. So if speaker dont count the vote and announce the result that's it. No vote confidence motion done. Oppoistion may take this to court and if decision came against speaker then speaker can resign.

What if our army High Command with approval of Supreme court decides the cession of any territorial part of Pakistan or roll back the nuke program?

In an anglo parliamentary setup only the leguslature can legitimise/ratify any law or treaty. The above mentioned institutes at least one of them can execute any foreign deal using brute force but its not going to carry any legal weight and can be contested at the global legal forums whenever the tide turns in our favour ------.

they can cast vote but after casting vote will it be count or not thats speaker authority. So if speaker dont count the vote and announce the result that's it. No vote confidence motion done. Oppoistion may take this to court and if decision came against speaker then speaker can resign.
Actually they cannot even take it to the court, as Speaking is the final authority in deciding whether the vote counts or not , and it cannot be challenged in any court of law.

The really funny bit is these restrictions were imposed by Sharifs and Bhuttos. Now they are going to get bit by what they established.
Indeed it is coming back to bite them but, how unfortunate it is that PTI continues it, but hey apparently Imran Khan is 'different'.

Stability and continuity of policies Pakistan needs the most right now. Glad the judges stopping what would be anarchy.
Stability went out the window when the ruling government purposefully tried creating a security situation. Anyways good on PTI, creating/continuing a standard where even other future ruling governments can hold Pakistan's stability hostage in order to achieve their own goals, i see this as an absolute win. /s.

Last edited:
In an anglo parliamentary setup only the leguslature can legitimise/ratify any law or treaty. The above mentioned institutes at least one of them can execute any foreign deal using brute force but its not going to carry any legal weight and can be contested at the global legal forums whenever the tide turns in our favour ------.
I dont know. Unanimous Martial laws of Ayub Khan , Yahya khan, Zia ul Haq and emergency of Pervaiz Musharaff. All of these acts were pretty much accepted by whole National Structure and International community. No one really ever cared about the constitution when Brute force is used.
If we can think about a possibility of Political Establishment casually decide to give up nukes or cede any territory of Pak. It will be even easier to assume for the same thing for a Military establishment because they dont have to care about Public sentement and unrest in Pakistan usually.

That is not the case in Pakistan. Irrespective of the actual strength of NA, at any time, number of votes, required for Vote of No-Confidence, or Confidence, remain 172.

Sir jee what happens if the no confidence motion succeeds? Early elections?
I am curious as to why this has been brought upon when the next elections are just one year away.

Sir jee what happens if the no confidence motion succeeds? Early elections?

If it succeeds, then, in my opinion, Opposition would be able to form a Coalition Government, which can hold for the short remaining period of the NA. If, later, some problem arises; they may dissolve NA and call for early elections.

I am curious as to why this has been brought upon when the next elections are just one year away.
In my view, it is primarily to deprive IK a next possible term. Their assessment seems to be that, if IK complete its present term, then the probability of another term increases, significantly. There are many other obvious advantages, as well, like: 1) Appointment of new COAS in November, 2) Arresting the current accountability process etc. etc.

If it succeeds, then, in my opinion, Opposition would be able to form a Coalition Government, which can hold for the short remaining period of the NA. If, later, some problem arises; they may dissolve NA and call for early elections.

In my view, it is primarily to deprive IK a next possible term. Their assessment seems to be that, if IK complete its present term, then the probability of another term increases, significantly. There are many other obvious advantages, as well, like: 1) Appointment of new COAS in November, 2) Arresting the current accountability process etc. etc.

Do you think it is a possibility that the opposition wants to overthrow the government, implement populist policies as candy during the one odd year that they have, which can set the base for next campaigning. And they also get to control the elections, which they couldn't if IK govt was finishing its term?

Do you think it is a possibility that the opposition wants to overthrow the government, implement populist policies as candy during the one odd year that they have, which can set the base for next campaigning. And they also get to control the elections, which they couldn't if IK govt was finishing its term?

Yes, for populist policies.
No, for control of government; because, elections would be held under a caretaker setup, whose PM have to be a consensus person, decided by PM and Leader of the Opposition, which in that case would be IK.

They want to take back the right to vote from Overseas Pakistanies. That is the most Imp thing the want to revert because it will change result of 40 - 50 constituencies.

1647962437301.png

1647963760112.png

His proper place, as they will in all practical purpose, a house arrest.........................

Just listen to last 7,8 minutes. Spot on 👍. When we have domestic kingmakers, we don't need external ones to do that dirty job instead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom