What's new

MMRCA: Self Goal by IAF?

You seem to misunderstand.

The short sighted vision mentioned in the article is the short sight of the IAF.

The spoilt brat mentioned here is the IAF.

The whole freaking deal is a RIP OFF. I can only pray that Modiji has the wisdom to scape it. But that might be too much to ask.

This is the key to IAF incompetance.

"IAF wasted time in carrying out Technical and performance evaluation, rather than simply carry out assessment of its own requirement based on its operational needs."

Hi,

Here is how I look at it---india wanted the defence industry to totally move away from Pakistan---so it dangles a humongous carrot in front of the world's weapons producing 'cuntries'.

It succeeds in its primary goal----and then it got carried away it the attention that it received----everyone coming in----bending over backwards---so somewhere from there onwards---the focus and the goal lost its direction---it all became show and pomp.

This is list of countries that spend on R&D as percentage of their GDP. Go look where Qatar and India is.

List of countries by research and development spending - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IAF got to study ENTIRE generations of MIG, what did they do with that knowledge ?

Indian navy LM2500 propulsion engine is MADE IN INDIA under license.

For CIWS, AK-630 is MADE IN INDIA under license.

Even the blot you assume are not blot. That is why the IN is respected.

For absorbing technology we do not need MMRCA :lol: , we just need to contact those companies had ask our companies to pay money and get ToT.

IAF had a big hand in killing Marut. Google it up. I am off to sleep.

If we pump in 9 Billion $ into LCA and AMCA rather than 1 billion $ spread over 15 years like we did for LCA, we will get a MUCH better aircraft than Rafale. Of that I am sure.

IAF will continue to blackmail India and India will capitulate to those blackmail like the soft state we are.

I AM talking about the future. If we continue on this path, it does not look too bright.

I already told that pumping of billions cant ensure a mature platform.This industry is an entirely different than any other industries.

I am not saying that US goodies are not Affordable or Good.

Its just a BAD idea to buy US defence goods due to strings attached and US propensity for pulling them. India should stick to buying microsoft OS and Office, not Aircraft's or Helicopters.

strings attached might be like it was in the past. we are living in a different world as of 20 years ago.
Japan,South Korea,Canada,Australia,Saudi Arabia, are all sovereign nation with a lot of U.S goodies who aren't being jerked around by the U.S government.

i understand reading from the thread only few things
1. LCA MK1 and MK2 for some are generation 6 and 7 machines far far far far superior to mature old platforms called rafales (just 4.5+++) and are dirt cheap. I was trying to order one for myself and one for banti and one for shantu and one for nimmy and one................. .but they said MK1 is there doing something something but you have to wait for delivery and for MK2 pls contact when we start booking.
2. India is now very rich so India had decided to help French economy. Thats why we so called gifted a lot of money to French for TOT for Rafales. We may start helping russian economy more too when we gift FGFA deal.
3. IAF is assumed to be a bad organisation (perhaps few names in recently given list in supreme court for black money)
4. IDRW is now the new flipkart/snapdeal with "foreign" funding. Its status as stauch competitor to India TV still remains.
5. After Gabbar from SHolay, Mogambo from Mr India, since no famous villanious personalities came forward, the latest pretentious elite villain is "Rafale"/ The tech savy modern looking vilain is trying to leapfrog ahead of Mr Gabbar and Mr Mogambo

Patriotism is good. Blind Nationalism is a crime. I am no S Swami but dal makhani is generally black or dark in color and others are generally yellow. So every other dal that we cook is perhaps assumed to be no black but rather yellow but we forget its dal plus turmeric which makes it yellow.

Too many articles and lack of understanding makes it doft difficult. I am no expert myself. but you see i liked maruti cars in 90s. then post 2000s i started disliking maruti car when competition provided me with better option with a little premium price. At times price is similar if i want a stripdown version but if i want the very best top end model then i do need to pay a price. The question is should i still continue with maruti even when much better cars are there in the market since i feel attached to the brand or should i chose a car based on my rational need and expectation from a product. The answer lies within. and surely for that i dont need to read IDRW or may be get a tip from a diplomat!!

o_O don't think it's that bad as you make out.

kinda sad F-18 SH wasn't chosen over the Rafale and even the EFT.
the SH engine the F-414 is also used on the Tejas MKII wonder if license production of the F-414 would of been possible

View attachment 139846

102 F-18E/F + 24 EA-18G Growlers $50 to $80 million a piece
-spare F-414 engines and AESA radars
-1000 AIM-120D AMRAAMS
-1000 AIM-9X block 2 or 3
-250 AGM-88E HARM
-200 AGM-84 HARPOON
-license production of JDAM kits
and what ever else
:butcher:

After initial batch rest of F-414 engines would be produced in India under licence .

strings attached might be like it was in the past. we are living in a different world as of 20 years ago.
Japan,South Korea,Canada,Australia,Saudi Arabia, are all sovereign nation with a lot of U.S goodies who aren't being jerked around by the U.S government.

Is that why Dr. Devyani Khobragade was arrested and strip searched even when shed had diplomatic immunity ? is that why her maid's husband was shipped out of India by the US embassy even when a case against him existed in an Indian court ?

You know how many Indian visa application US rejects EVERY DAY ? Every Year ?

Reality is not as black and white as you would like it to be.

After initial batch rest of F-414 engines would be produced in India under licence .
F-414 is a good engine. If Kaveri doesn't pan out it makes the most sense to try to get a ToT to license produce it.

F-414EPE version is also interesting giving 20% more thrust for a thrust ratio of 11 to 1 not sure if that's enough for super cruise for the Tejas.

Its Babu sitting in Defense ministry who decides fate of our trained Pilots Rather not IAF its truth its india.Iaf ready to fly f-35 is Politicians have Balls to sanctions. NO they Rather Spend money on Stupid CWG and IN Result they get Medal of Scams.

Hi,

As clever as you Indians are----you kids don't get it---. These BABUS---middle age to older people---pencil pushers with families and children----they were giving you a chance to make peace.

o_O don't think it's that bad as you make out.

kinda sad F-18 SH wasn't chosen over the Rafale and even the EFT.
the SH engine the F-414 is also used on the Tejas MKII wonder if license production of the F-414 would of been possible

View attachment 139846

102 F-18E/F + 24 EA-18G Growlers $50 to $80 million a piece
-spare F-414 engines and AESA radars
-1000 AIM-120D AMRAAMS
-1000 AIM-9X block 2 or 3
-250 AGM-88E HARM
-200 AGM-84 HARPOON
-license production of JDAM kits
and what ever else
:butcher:

Senor,

Isn't it a tragic day for U S foreign policy---that nation who wants to smash its neighbor----can get all the superior weapons and equipment from one source---and still rejects it.

F-414 is a good engine. If Kaveri doesn't pan out it makes the most sense to try to get a ToT to license produce it.

F-414EPE version is also interesting giving 20% more thrust for a thrust ratio of 11 to 1 not sure if that's enough for super cruise for the Tejas.

This I agree with. But now that GE has identified LCA as an captive customer why would they agree to ToT ? Even if they do, there is no guarantee US govt. will allow this ToT.

Senor,

Isn't it a tragic day for U S foreign policy---that nation who wants to smash its neighbor----can get all the superior weapons and equipment from one source---and still rejects it.

Maybe you should stop supporting terrorism for a change and not host Osama bin laden.

Senor,

It is called diplomacy.. and why we are succeeding because of immense credibility in the eyes of the world.

Is that why Dr. Devyani Khobragade was arrested and strip searched even when shed had diplomatic immunity ? is that why her maid's husband was shipped out of India by the US embassy even when a case against him existed in an Indian court ?

You know how many Indian visa application US rejects EVERY DAY ? Every Year ?

Reality is not as black and white as you would like it to be.

That incident doesn't reveal alot of issues going on behind the scenes. Food for thought, we have all come to see and know that UPA specifically CONGRESS was corrupt to the maximum. Don't believe everything that gov't stated. As for the diplomatic immunity....it was India's fault. We f=ked up on the paperwork. The US is not India. In America, everything goes by the book as a real democracy should.

That incident doesn't reveal alot of issues going on behind the scenes. Food for thought, we have all come to see and know that UPA specifically CONGRESS was corrupt to the maximum. Don't believe everything that gov't stated. As for the diplomatic immunity....it was India's fault. We f=ked up on the paperwork. The US is not India. In America, everything goes by the book as a real democracy should.

If you insist.

Back
Top Bottom