What's new

MKEK BORA-12 SniperRifle won Pakistani sniper tender

i havent been following it closely though i know someone is more privy to it than anyone else in this thread

as for your post above it's a possibility - kindly share your source

What does that mean ? :unsure:

Did none of them meet the set parameters & so weren't considered ?

It was found out that the parameters weren't a good judge of the weapons & were thus revised ?

Or Did all of them meet most of the parameters & so it was difficult to decide which one to choose from ?

It means that the intended user tried all of the rifles and nothing stood out or was according to its general staff requirement. Army also wants some ballistic accessories with the rifle sets which according to my information was not provided by any of the rifle vendors the last time. Problems were also faced with achieving the range of the fired rifles.

i havent been following it closely though i know someone is more privy to it than anyone else in this thread

as for your post above it's a possibility - kindly share your source

My Source is General Ashfaq Pervez Kiyani ..... please keep it to yourself!! :smokin:

It means that the intended user tried all of the rifles and nothing stood out or was according to its general staff requirement. Army also wants some ballistic accessories with the rifle sets which according to my information was not provided by any of the rifle vendors the last time. Problems were also faced with achieving the range of the fired rifles.

My Source is General Ashfaq Pervez Kiyani ..... please keep it to yourself!! :smokin:

:laughcry: :disagree:

But didn't this MKEK BORA had one the competition held last year or so. I do remember you said this one had won. We are having many types of sniper rifles in the light and heavy role, but still we are calling for trials and tenders ?? Or another money making exercise ??

Regarding Light Sniper induction, yes fresh trials will take place in the near future then which ever weapon is good for the Pak Army, that will be inducted.

Guys, guys, guys!!!

Give it a rest. They know what they're doing. Just be patient

Actually they don't know what they are doing. This is the 3rd round of trials and each time they invite companies, hold the same trials again, spend money on the process, short-list and then re-start the entire process again. Officers change in the respective coordinating directorates and the new one's think they know how to do it better .......... it goes on, and on, and on, an on, while your grunt is stuck with shitty sniper rifles from Styer and RPA.

The problem is the money to buy the stuff. Unfortunately, the coffers are empty!

Guys, guys, guys!!!

Give it a rest. They know what they're doing. Just be patient

those arent shitty sniper rifles....

by the way -- though it isnt meant for extremely long range accuracy kills POF already is producing the PSR90. Me personally, i prefer bolt action rifles.

POF rifle is another sad story of putting the cart before the donkey!! They have made a 7.62x51mm semi-auto 'Sniper Rifle' which their own Army does not want. RPA Rangemaster .50 cal is a shitty rifle imposed on Infantry units by the GHQ. Styer SSG is simply outdated!

those arent shitty sniper rifles....

by the way -- though it isnt meant for extremely long range accuracy kills POF already is producing the PSR90. Me personally, i prefer bolt action rifles.

Does anyone have an idea on how much (in US$) is a MKEK Bora 12 (7.62x51) Sniper Rifle?

POF rifle is another sad story of putting the cart before the donkey!! They have made a 7.62x51mm semi-auto 'Sniper Rifle' which their own Army does not want. RPA Rangemaster .50 cal is a shitty rifle imposed on Infantry units by the GHQ. Styer SSG is simply outdated!
so you mean to say we don't have any potent sniper rifle in infantry these days ?

G-3 in Turkish Army will be a history in following years.

Prototypes of Turkish Infantry Rifle passed qualification trials and Rifle called MPT-13 passed serial production phase. Army started receiving domestic rifles.

14142936572_22db8ce25c_o.png

191.431 MPT-13 rifles at first stage is in serial production at present.

14146017384_575d36d4f4_o.jpg
14122647046_422f738ea6_o.jpg

An image from trainings of Turkish Army personnel with MPT-13

14142935832_5923cc27f5_o.jpg

Last edited:
@5:11 Pakistani working at MKE speaking Turkish, detailing how BORA-12 won pakistani sniper tender against Accuracy International, Sig Sauer, Truvelo and Steel Core

From today !!!
Accuracy international is in Service with Army groups based in North West. I have yet to see a picture of Bora with them. @Windjammer @DESERT FIGHTER @Side-Winder

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom