What's new

Misinformation on China

Since the Chinese have not release either black box info, it's hard to know what happened at the EP-3 incident. Lt Osborn stated that he was on autopilot but whether the autopilot increased thrust to compensate for a gust of wind or not decreased thrust fast enough is unknown.

1- Bill Gertz in his book The China Threat records three instances when PRC officials have threatened nuclear war of Taiwan.
that's Bill Gertz threatening, not China's.

Most recently Maj Gen Zhu
your "most recent time" was actually 2 years ago. but still my thumb-up since you're clutching at a rare piece of straws here. I'm also willing to tell you what was happening.

when: July13, 2005
where: at a meeting with press group from Hongkong.
How: "If the US military force intervenes into taiwan issue and attack on China,China has no choice but to use nuclear weapons."

he then said that it's all by his personal view.

Rumsfeld: "I would like to know that to what extent does or dose not his statement represent the views of the Chinese government, I think I am still waiting to see the further going".

July 14, the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs: "General Zhu's statement doesn't represent the Chinese governmental views".

Later on, Zhu got an administrative sanction, and no promotion within one year.

above is the whole case, China threatening?

Then of course there is "Unrestricted Warfare" 1998 Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui. Which detaisl unrestricted attacks on the American fabric.

Let's bet you never read that book. and of course you dont got a clew what it talks about.
with the book, on Feb 2001, Qiaoliang won "FengMu" Military Literature Prize. :rofl:

the accurate name of the book should be "Warfare beyond traditional thinking" which mainly refers to nonviolent battle fields like finance, climate and even internet. and you people sadly take it as nuclear war.

6- Ko-Suen "Bill" Moo and he plead guilty, Moo, 58, pleaded guilty to being a covert Chinese agent, conspiring to broker and export U.S. defense items and attempting to pay a $500,000 bribe to win release from custody.

He faces up to 30 years in prison and fines of $2 million at sentencing, which was not immediately scheduled.

you dont even use google,if wont :crazy:

obviously I was refering to Wen Ho Lee, the most famous "nuclear thief". Ko-Suen Moo has nothing to do with nuclear tech.

Scientist Wen Ho Lee was cleared of espionage charges - the FBI admits it "made mistakes".

you can find that easily among BBC news.

KvLin,

Why are you persisting in changing things to suit yuor needs? My claim was China spying I did not limit it to any particular feild. Also nucelar weapons ar enot the only WMD. Collapsing the US fincial markets in orde rto cause a depression is just as devestating, as are terror attacks.

get off your high horse that China is always the victim and the US is always evil.

he then said that it's all by his personal view.
When you're wearing the uniform, there is no such thing as a personal view.

Be that as it may, what's really scary is how ignorant he is of China's nuclear strength and how dismissive he was of the actual nuclear policy.

KvLin,

Why are you persisting in changing things to suit yuor needs? My claim was China spying I did not limit it to any particular feild. Also nucelar weapons ar enot the only WMD. Collapsing the US fincial markets in orde rto cause a depression is just as devestating, as are terror attacks.

get off your high horse that China is always the victim and the US is always evil.

Actually, Zraver,check anywhere and I never said US is evil. Americans has been contributing in most fields for the world (though equally as destroyer), but I'd say USA is strategically egoistical.
To be convincing, show facts when you judge on things.

Most of the Chinese people like me can not help worring over China being demonised instead, whereas visit the country, communicate with people there, watch the entire society in no distance and you will realise that China is in neither historical tendency nor current thinking to threat USA. you will also realise how Chinese people expect a peaceful world after bitter experiences. their happiness came merely 27 years ago.

Try two sayings down in any Chinese streets:
1. "USA is to rule the world". you'll got reply: Shall not the judge of all the earth do what is just?
2. "China is to rule the world". and the reply will be: Go back to madhouse.

you know a 150 year period of American grow-up saw also the deepest humiliation of China. we're not upset to see a super power arising at the top of the world, but just want it to know that China is no longer meat for swashbuckling predators.

US is creating up enemies.at least nationalisms.
"One war ended,and they fought another" by which the British used to summarize over highland rises led by William Wallace in "History of Scotland". now quoted for USA.

It is not Chinese governmental propaganda but western bias that is building up Chinese nationalism, which the Chinese government has to handle very carefully.

When you're wearing the uniform, there is no such thing as a personal view.
Not really, you have both hawk and dovish guys who never unilaterally say the best more than government does.

Be that as it may, what's really scary is how ignorant he is of China's nuclear strength and how dismissive he was of the actual nuclear policy.

not consequently but yes, he is the one.

It is not Chinese governmental propaganda but western bias that is building up Chinese nationalism, which the Chinese government has to handle very carefully.

Hats off, kvlin!

1- Bill Gertz in his book The China Threat records three instances when PRC officials have threatened nuclear war of Taiwan.

Bill Gertz? Am I seeing things or are you pulling legs?

It couldn't devastating your credibility more by quoting this scum.

1) Bill Gertz works for "Washington Times, a newspaper founded, owned, and controlled by Rev. Sun Myung Moon’s Unification Church, a whacked out religious mind-meld cult...". See http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/april2005/220405billgertz.htm

2) He is well positioned in "looking for some one to lie to me" as "a jerk." See

http://lookingforsomeonetolietome.blogspot.com/2006/01/bill-gertz-and-russell-tice-or-russ_12.html

3) The Washington Post, about the Washington Times, shedded more lights on the paper. I boldface some for your better reading:

See: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/cult/unification/wtimes.htm

The Nation's Capital Gets
A New Daily Newspaper
By Elisabeth Bumiller

Special to The Washington Post

Monday, May 17, 1982; Page C01

The newsroom looks properly chaotic: Clacking typewriters, loosened ties, rolled-up shirt sleeves, ringing phones, crumbled McDonald's bags, familiar faces from The Washington Star. The Metro editor pecks out his budget of today's stories: Two men killed in Victorian town house, Virginia senator wreaks havoc, it's pollen time again. A reporter comes in, leaps in the air and clicks his heels in celebration.

Yesterday was the first day of deadline at The Washington Times, the newspaper owned by the Rev. Sun Myung Moon's controversial Unification Church.

"The old Washington Daily News was always hectic and crowded," says George Clifford, who'll cover Capitol Hill for The Times. "That's the way this is. Good to be home again."

The place, the old Parsons Paper Co. on New York Avenue NE near the National Arboretum, has all the jumbled joy of news junkies getting together and doing the astonishing: Starting, not folding, a paper.

Washington, like other big cities, has been losing papers. The Times-Herald, the Daily News and, 10 months ago, The Washington Star. At a time when urban papers are sputtering and dying nationwide, The Times is a curiosity. As publisher and editor James Whelan says: "Launching a newspaper. It's the goddamndest thing."

The Washington Times is not just any newspaper. Commonly referred to as "the Moonie paper" since its plans were announced, it is supported by the religious movement that Moon founded in Korea 28 years ago.

Preaching "The Divine Principle," Moon sees himself as the new Messiah and Korea as God's chosen country. Since the church emerged in the United States in the early 1970s, questions have been raised about its finances, its suspected ties to the Korean CIA and its alleged brainwashing of young recruits. It is now an international business empire that encompasses entertainment, fishing, food retailing, publishing and, for a time, the Diplomat National Bank here.

Robert Boettcher, the staff director of a 1978 House subcommittee investigation into Korean-American relations, says the church aims at creating a global theocracy that Moon would control.

Moon already has one newspaper in the United States, the News World in New York City. According to the House subcommittee report, it served "as a propaganda instrument of the Moon organization. A casual reader would not detect its UC Unification Church affilation on most days. On issues affecting Moon and the UC, however, the resources of the paper were mobilized along with other components of the Moon organization to attack and discredit critics and investigators." When Moon was indicted in a tax evasion case, one banner headline asked, "Why Rev. Moon, Mr. President?"

Although one-third of the 125 reporters and editors are Unification Church members, everyone connected with The Washington Times adamantly says it won't be a church mouthpiece. Both Whelan and Smith Hempstone, the executive editor, have written guarantees of editorial control in their contracts that they insisted on. Reporters are equally wary. "If it doesn't work out, and I can't be indepedent, I'll walk," says Clark Mollenhoff, the Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter who'll cover the White House for the paper this summer.

The paper's editors say its only purpose is to provide a conservative alternative to The Post. "I don't know anyone in the New Right who hasn't felt this sense of desperation and frustration over the absense of a voice in Washington," says Whelan.

But the real Washington story at The Times is its staff members--the ones who aren't church members. Many are familiar bylines from the Star. Some were bored writing books, others joined because of pleadings from already hired colleagues whom they trusted. Many badly needed a job; for them, their decision was proof that you can't eat your principles.

Almost all had serious reservations. "You'd have to be a brick not to go though some sort of moral convulsions," says Doug Lamborne, The Times sports editor and former Washington Star copy editor. "I lost five pounds the first week. We all had these twitchy sort of feelings: 'Is what we're doing right?' "

But the names have rolled in: Jeremiah O'Leary, the former White House correspondent for The Star who became the spokesman for national security adviser William P. Clark, will cover the White House for The Times. Anne Crutcher, a former Star editorial writer, is editorial page editor at The Times. Dana Adams Schmidt, a former reporter for The New York Times and the Christian Science Monitor, will cover the State Department.

By now, the justifications are well-formed. Hempstone, a former Star associate editor, has been quoted as saying, "I've worked for a lot of publishers who thought they were God." Richard Levine, a general assignment reporter who published his own newspaper in New Hampshire until he ran out of money, reasons: "We all work for sons-of-bitches. What's different?"

For Jack Mann, a sportswriter for The Star, it was money. "I hadn't had a job for 10 months," he says. (His wife, Judy, is a columnist at The Post.) "Take our salaries and cut that in half--when you've got a mortgage and kids in school. It was tough."

For Mark Kram, a former Sports Illustrated writer who was fired from the magazine five years ago, it was a chance "to breathe some fresh air." "Frankly, I've been in a dungeon for so long writing books," he says. "Nobody knows if you're alive or dead. I wanted to peek my head out and see what's going on."

For Phil Evans, an assistant managing editor and former managing editor at The Star, it was a chance to get his blood flowing. "The anticipation of being able to work at home at your typewriter and sit in your garden is very appealing," he says. "But it becomes very boring. Newspapers are inherently exciting, and so far, no one has said, 'We don't do it that way.' In the last few years, hundreds of my colleagues and friends have been thrown out of work. It's just incredibly challenging and exciting to be starting a newspaper instead of closing one."

For Betty Beale, the longtime syndicated society columnist who lost her crucial outlet in Washington when The Star folded, it was a surprise. She says she didn't know The Times had bought the column from her syndicate until she saw a prototype edition. So how does she feel about her column appearing in the paper?

"Well," she says. There is a very long pause. Finally: "I think it's fortunate that there's going to be another paper. I think it's fortunate that James Whelan has a contract to be in total control of what goes in it. And I think he's brought in a good staff."

But her feelings about being in the paper? Another long pause. "You put me on the spot," she says, finally. "It's implied in what I said, don't you think?"

Clifford, the Capitol Hill correspondent, says of the Moon connection: "It's a heavy load."

The Quest for an Editor

"If we can manipulate seven nations at least," Moon was quoted as saying in a speech reported by the House subcommitee investigators, "then we can get hold of the whole world: the United States, England, France, Germany, Soviet Russia, and maybe Korea and Japan." Moon, the 62-year-old father of 13 who is said to live on a sprawling New York estate, is now on trial for federal tax evasion. Jo Ann Harris, the prosecutor, said in her summation to the court in New York last week that Moon is guilty of "greed, arrogance and power." The jury begins its third day of deliberations this morning.

News World Communications Inc., the newspaper unit of the church empire, will fund The Times. The president of News World is Bo Hi Pak, who has a personal parking space in The Times lot and who was a central figure in the Korean influence-buying investigation here in the mid-1970s. In 1978, he said in congressional testimony that he received cash payments from the South Korean CIA, but said he was only a conduit for funds to reimburse others for anticommunist activities.

KvLin,

Collapsing the US fincial markets in orde rto cause a depression is just as devestating, as are terror attacks.

Go home and nurse your baby! Please don't disgrace yourselves here by showing off your ignorance.

Chinese stock market value 2.2trillion USD.
http://english.people.com.cn/200706/10/eng20070610_382739.html

US stock market value 15trillion USD.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/bf6a00e4-e14b-11db-bd73-000b5df10621.html

In addition to 7 times bigger US stock market, US GDP is also nearly 7 times bigger. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2195.html

How can a small market be able to depress a market 7 times bigger of higher quality with addition bells and whistles?

Not the 1st time that would've happened and by the Chinese. The Chinese shot down U2s flying from Taiwan. However, in this scenario, at the very least radio contact to state that you're being watched. Lt Osborn was quite surprised that there was not even a weapons lock.

mmmmmm, google, drooooool

http://www.google.ca/search?q=Chine...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Your google gives 1.5million results, which is evil. This search gives 2.2million results, which is eviler.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&c...-US:official&q=US+spy+ships&btnG=Search&meta=

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to prove. Who said anything about evil? I'm actually surprised that your link got such a low hit. We've had 40 years head start on the Chinese on military surveillance. So had the Russians or did no one told you that MiG-25s flew unchallenged 100 miles deep into Chinese territory during the Cold War?

All your link proved is that the US is the professional spook and the Chinese, the amateur.

COn,

OEE is talking about Russian,
IAF overflights into China were very limited.

Hey thanks for that info.
I just wondered if IAF did not stuff which made history. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom