Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE PRODUCTION

OFFICE OF ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (MEDIA)

PRESS RELEASE

Ministry of Defence Production (MoDP) and Denel (SOC), Ltd, South Africa

Rawalpindi–21 January, 2016

Ministry of Defence Production and Denel (SOC), Ltd, South Africa on Thursday decided to develop defence cooperation. This thought reached during a consultation of Mr. Burt Van Staade, Country Rep of Denel (SOC) Ltd. South Africa and Rana Tanvir Hussain, Minister of Defence Production (MoDP). They swapped views on matters of common concern and improving collaboration in defence production.

“Over the years Denel has built a status as a reliable supplier to its many international clients”, said Rana Tanvir Hussain about Denel SOC.

Denel SOC is the largest manufacturer of defence equipment in South Africa and operates in the military aerospace and landward defence environment. Denel is an important defence contractor in its domestic market and a key supplier to the South African National Defence Force (SANDF), both as original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and for the overhaul, maintenance, repair, refurbishment and upgrade of equipment in the SANDFs arsenal.

index.php

Don't Denel and MoDP already have a working relationship? This should probably come as no surprise.

I hope we can see some cooperation in field of Air to air and air to land missiles. This can help us in our cruise missile program as well. We should be looking to develop babur and raad in order to attack moving targets as well.

I read somewhere that Pakistan is in talks with South Africa for Air Defence systems.

Lip Service Only!

South African National Defense Committee that approves or disapproves major defense deals is influenced by Indian origin South Africans that scuttle every major defense deal when it comes to Pakistan. That is why South Africa until today has never been able to sell anything to Pakistan. Currently Denel has offered the 155mm SP howitzer for trials to Pakistan. But whether it gets approved for eventual sale through NDC or not is another matter.

Last edited:
Lip Service Only!

South African National Defense Committee that approves or disapproves major defense deals is influenced by Indian origin South Africans that scuttle every major defense deal when it comes to Pakistan. That is why South Africa until today has never been able to sell anything to Pakistan. Currently Denel has offered the Caeser 155mm SP howitzer for trials to Pakistan. But whether it gets approved for eventual sale through NDC or not is another matter.

H series SOWs (based on Raptor),IFRs on mirages,MRAPs. etc .. These are things I could name from the back of my mind ... Meanwhile Darter series AAMs & now howitzers .. That itself contradicts your own statement ..

P.S: SA produces G series SPGs .. Ceaser is French..

Back
Top Bottom