What's new

Military Operation against TTP in N.Waziristan | Updates & Discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fighting in South Waziristan: TTP blame forces for launching operation

The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claims that security forces have launched an operation in South Waziristan Agency and fighting has been ongoing for the last two days.
“The security forces are using helicopter gunships and heavy artillery to target TTP positions in the Bobar area,” Taliban Political Shura member Azam Tariq Mehsud told journalists by the phone from an undisclosed location on Wednesday.
He claimed that the security forces have suffered heavy casualties in the fighting. The claim, however, could not be verified independently because the area is inaccessible to journalists.
“Whenever the Taliban show seriousness in peace talks, the security forces launch operations against them,” Tariq said and also accused the security forces of torturing their colleagues in custody.
“We had declared a unilateral ceasefire for the success of peace talks,” he added. “Now, the ball is in the government’s court. It is for them to arrange the ‘negotiation table’.
TTP contacts Prof Ibrahim
Azam Tariq Mehsud also contacted Taliban intermediary Prof Muhammad Ibrahim to convey the group’s concerns over the South Waziristan operation. Prof Ibrahim later told journalists that he has asked Maulana Yousaf Shah, the coordinator of the TTP intermediary committee, to convey the Taliban concerns to the government.
“We have been striving hard to convince both sides – the government and the TTP – to avoid provocative actions against each other while peace talks are under way,” he said.
Information minister upbeat
Federal Information Minister Parvaiz Rashid said the dialogue with the Taliban was moving forward and the government hoped that the peace initiative would yield results.
“The government and the Taliban Shura will have their second face-to-face meeting in which we expect to learn about their real demands,” he said.

Fighting in South Waziristan: TTP blame forces for launching operation – The Express Tribune

When will operation happen in N Waziristan?

3 month sustained campaign can end this all. They will run back to Kunar and we can man borders and pick them off when attempting to return.

What is the delay?

Lack of funds?

Lack of will?

Talks have clearly failed. What the hell are we waiting for?

Al Qaeda, TTP to use Indus River for interprovincial movement

Security agencies have started surveillance of the IndusRiver on the basis of an intelligence report that outlawed militant groups were planning to use the waterway for transporting arms and ammunition and kidnapped persons between Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the provinces of Punjab and Sindh.

Officials in intelligence agencies, interior ministry and the capital police said that the outlawed Al Qaeda and Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had chosen the waterway in order to skip security checking on motorways, national highways and other land routes.

There are only three points where militants can be intercepted on the River Indus – Sukkur Barrage, Gudu Barrage and Kotri Barrage in Sindh, the officials said. Apart from that, there are no security pickets on the river right from KP to the Sukkur Barrage.

Even at the three barrages, the security measures are aimed at protecting the water reservoirs – not countering the movement of militants.

The officials said the new tactic of the militants would put the national security at risk if it was not countered immediately.

They said the possible water route was discovered early last month. The intelligence report alerted that Al Qaeda and TTP had planned to kidnap officials, especially Chinese working at the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC)’s project at Chashma in the Mianwali district of Punjab.

It said the militants had completed reconnaissance to kidnap the officials during their movement between Balkasar interchange in the Chakwal district and Kundian in the Mianwali district.

The report added: “The same groups may also target those Chinese officials who travel between the Thal Canal Kudian and Talagang-Mianwali Road.”

They said mounting vigilance along with setting up of checkpoints along the river was a very tough task but not impossible. Different options are under consideration, including the deployment of the Frontier Constabulary, Punjab and Sindh Rangers along the IndusRiver in KP, Punjab and Sindh.

Al Qaeda, TTP to use Indus River for interprovincial movement | Pakistan Today

According to Taliban sources, the pigs have captured 25+ soldiers alive!!

Can someone confirm??

No, just a tool to demoralize the army.
No such news from ISPR
I hope you are right.. btw, its not necessary he ISPR tells us everything.. esp if thy r doing an operation to recover the men..

rem once kharjis captures 300+ army men.. ispr didnt confirm until ttp posted a video

I hope you are right.. btw, its not necessary he ISPR tells us everything.. esp if thy r doing an operation to recover the men..

rem once kharjis captures 300+ army men.. ispr didnt confirm until ttp posted a video

What TTP says is hardly true-ever. If they capture troops, they would certainly be backed by airstrikes.

What TTP says is hardly true-ever. If they capture troops, they would certainly be backed by airstrikes.

If, and I'm saying IF they do succeed in capturing own men, we can't do airstrikes. Info based targeted operation maybe.. else we will risk losing our men.
Btw, I think if they had captured our men, they would have boasted about it on social media in big numbers by now.. so thankfully news aint true

If, and I'm saying IF they do succeed in capturing own men, we can't do airstrikes. Info based targeted operation maybe.. else we will risk losing our men.
Btw, I think if they had captured our men, they would have boasted about it on social media in big numbers by now.. so thankfully news aint true

Huzoor these swines are lucky that men calling shots right now are not as cold blooded as i am. If i had the 'keys', i'd reply them in ways against which their level of brutality would make them look like human rights watch!

How many boots on ground? What hardware are we using? Which parts of NW have we captured?

I hope Nato meets us in the middle and makes final push into Kunar.

It's on..... going strong......... will pick up way more pace in the coming days..... brace for retaliation...... Army needs to wipe out these suckers........ no matter what the cost!

Nisar said this is just tit for tat operation because of recent terrorist attacks and not full fledged operation. Its true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom