What's new

Military Intelligence Corps?

THE GREEN MAN

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salam everyone.
I've noticed that there is a lack of posts about Pakistan's Military Intelligence Service arm in relation to their role and career path.
I'm very interested in learning more about it.
I'm feeling very inclined to join through PMA LC to serve in the MI branch. Is it possible? Any thoughts?

You need first to get selected in military for this. After that, you will know yourself what you have to do to get into MI.

MI is not a corps but it's titled as Directorate of Military Intelligence. Their role is related to military operations and also internal intelligence mainly related to military. They do have some external role especially related to India but generally, ISI is tasked for external role mainly.

The HQ is located inside GHQ while for training, there is a school in Murree, ' School of Military Intelligence' where you are given a full course.

You don't chose MI, MI choses you. (lol, jk, wanted to sound cool)

I hope this little information helped you. Have a good day.

You need first to get selected in military for this. After that, you will know yourself what you have to do to get into MI.

MI is not a corps but it's titled as Directorate of Military Intelligence. Their role is related to military operations and also internal intelligence mainly related to military. They do have some external role especially related to India but generally, ISI is tasked for external role mainly.

The HQ is located inside GHQ while for training, there is a school in Murree, ' School of Military Intelligence' where you are given a full course.

You don't chose MI, MI choses you. (lol, jk, wanted to sound cool)

I hope this little information helped you. Have a good day.
I've heard top PMA LC graduates get to pick their unit. Why do all the boys wanna go to Armoured. If I could I'd definitely go MI. Sounds way cooler, important brain work.:D
Thanks for your reply

I've heard top PMA LC graduates get to pick their unit. Why do all the boys wanna go to Armoured. If I could I'd definitely go MI. Sounds way cooler, important brain work.:D
Thanks for your reply

Allocation of arms, services and units at PMA is complex procedure and has many variables, choice of cadets is one out of them. One thing is for sure, nobody goes to MI directly. Better first get selected, complete training and join unit, after that you may have different choices.

Pakistan doesn't have a Military Intelligence *Corps* like the Americans you've been inspired of maybe. PA keeps MI different, under a directorate.

However, Pakistan Army has Brigade and Division level internal field Intelligence units as well.

Regarding the choice of Arm while passing out from PMA, no, MI cannot be chosen as an Arm. You've to serve 3-5 years in your respective unit to apply for Intelligence course at the Intelligence School, Murree.

Pakistan doesn't have a Military Intelligence *Corps* like the Americans you've been inspired of maybe. PA keeps MI different, under a directorate.

However, Pakistan Army has Brigade and Division level internal field Intelligence units as well.

Regarding the choice of Arm while passing out from PMA, no, MI cannot be chosen as an Arm. You've to serve 3-5 years in your respective unit to apply for Intelligence course at the Intelligence School, Murree.
Thanks for the insight

Back
Top Bottom