What's new

Militants kidnap 25 Pakistani boys in Afghanistan

Ahmad

Reaction score
KHAR: Taliban militants have kidnapped at least 25 Pakistani boys who had mistakenly crossed the unmarked border in the country’s lawless northwest into Afghanistan, DawnNews reported.

Moreover, an AFP report said more than 30 boys were kidnapped in the incident that took place on Thursday after the group of boys, aged between 12 and 18-years-old, visited the area of Gharkhi in Pakistan’s Bajaur tribal region for celebrations marking the Eid holiday.

“These boys inadvertently crossed into Afghanistan while picnicking on the second day of Eid and were kidnapped by militants,” senior local administration official Syed Nasim told AFP.

Afghanistan shares a disputed 2,400-kilometre border with Pakistan where senior militants are believed to reside.

Another administration official speaking anonymously said security forces were stretched thin along parts of the frontier.

“It is a porous border and security cover is not available everywhere,” he said.

Militants kidnap 25 Pakistani boys in Afghanistan | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

KHAR: Taliban militants have kidnapped at least 25 Pakistani boys who had mistakenly crossed the unmarked border in the country’s lawless northwest into Afghanistan, DawnNews reported.

Moreover, an AFP report said more than 30 boys were kidnapped in the incident that took place on Thursday after the group of boys, aged between 12 and 18-years-old, visited the area of Gharkhi in Pakistan’s Bajaur tribal region for celebrations marking the Eid holiday.

“These boys inadvertently crossed into Afghanistan while picnicking on the second day of Eid and were kidnapped by militants,” senior local administration official Syed Nasim told AFP.

Afghanistan shares a disputed 2,400-kilometre border with Pakistan where senior militants are believed to reside.

Another administration official speaking anonymously said security forces were stretched thin along parts of the frontier.

“It is a porous border and security cover is not available everywhere,” he said.

Militants kidnap 25 Pakistani boys in Afghanistan | Pakistan | DAWN.COM
very bad Pakistani boys mistakenly crossed the boarder.........Govt. and army please solve their problem.........

Two local intelligence officials said that the kidnappers were apparently from a militant group allied with Taliban commander Maulvi Faqir Muhammad, who led insurgents in Bajaur but is believed to have fled to Afghanistan in 2010.

“The kidnappers were Taliban militants, belonging to Maulvi Faqir Muhammad group,” one official said, on condition of anonymity.

More details from the source in 1st post.

Very sad incident, at least for 25 families the Eid has changed into matam. I hope our Army and Govt. does something for the kids, and same goes for ANA and NATO. May Allah bring these kids home safe, Ameen!

Two local intelligence officials said that the kidnappers were apparently from a militant group allied with Taliban commander Maulvi Faqir Muhammad, who led insurgents in Bajaur but is believed to have fled to Afghanistan in 2010.

“The kidnappers were Taliban militants, belonging to Maulvi Faqir Muhammad group,” one official said, on condition of anonymity.

More details from the source in 1st post.

Very sad incident, at least for 25 families the Eid has changed into matam. I hope our Army and Govt. does something for the kids, and same goes for ANA and NATO. May Allah bring these kids home safe, Ameen!

When i first posted the thread, it only had that much information, perhaps Dawn later on updated the news, that is what online news does, once they receive new information they add it onto the old one.

Such a big Pakistan to picnic but these geniuses choose to cross the border - Pakistan seems inhabited by morons

I don't think these kids had GPS with them to tell apart if they are standing in Pakistan or Afghanistan, instead of hoping that they would come home alive, you are more worried about morons.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

When i first posted the thread, it only had that much information, perhaps Dawn later on updated the news, that is what online news does, once they receive new information they add it onto the old one.

I just added the new details, no intentions otherwise.

Sad. I hope these kids return safe.

The border dispute between Afghan and Pakistan should be finanlised, so both can build a fence on the border.

Such a big Pakistan to picnic but these geniuses choose to cross the border - Pakistan seems inhabited by morons

You make it sound as if they intentionally got lost.To expect maturity from 12-year-olds is a bit much.

i dont think there is a dispute between us.

Well according to OP, which is urs, it states:

Back
Top Bottom