What's new

Migration to Australia

Developereo

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Over the last 3-4 years, there has been a huge upsurge in the number of foreign students in Australia. Some of them are legitimate students, but the vast majority are here to "study" hairdressing and restaurant management. These are BS courses used as a backdoor way to migrate (permanent residence) into Australia. This is a well-known loophole in the migration system, and everybody involved (students, colleges, migration agents, Australian immigration and government) knows exactly what is going on.

Students enroll in one of these courses for three years. They may or may not take classes (many of the restaurant schools don't even have a working oven). And, after a certain number of work experience hours (faked, of course), they get permanent residence.

I know a lot of Indians and Chinese take advantage of this loophole, but I haven't seen too many Pakistani "students". Is there a reason?

Is it that much harder to get an Australian student visa from Pakistan?

And due to abv reasons Asians get into direct competitions with mainland Australians (as far as Jobs are concerned)...... and people treat them accordingly.... due to this reason clashes take place in Australia.... due to this Logic clashes take place in Mumbai( against North Indians).....

Wht is the Solution?

And due to abv reasons Asians get into direct competitions with mainland Australians (as far as Jobs are concerned)......

I don't think that is true. At least not for student-type jobs.

Foreign students usually do the crap jobs that Aussies don't want to do, and many of them get exploited by getting paid low wages under-the-table because they are technically not allowed to work more than 20 hours/week.

After graduation, there is competition with Aussies, but I don't think there is any racial component there. The graduate job market is tight for everyone, and I have heard Indian IT graduates complain that many of their friends are working in fast food restaurants because they can't get professional jobs in IT.

Over the last 3-4 years, there has been a huge upsurge in the number of foreign students in Australia. Some of them are legitimate students, but the vast majority are here to "study" hairdressing and restaurant management. These are BS courses used as a backdoor way to migrate (permanent residence) into Australia. This is a well-known loophole in the migration system, and everybody involved (students, colleges, migration agents, Australian immigration and government) knows exactly what is going on.

Students enroll in one of these courses for three years. They may or may not take classes (many of the restaurant schools don't even have a working oven). And, after a certain number of work experience hours (faked, of course), they get permanent residence.

I know a lot of Indians and Chinese take advantage of this loophole, but I haven't seen too many Pakistani "students". Is there a reason?

Is it that much harder to get an Australian student visa from Pakistan?

i dont not know the exact reason but one of the following or all can be the contributory factors:

1. obtaining visas for pakistanis is very hard now adays for US, EU and allied countries due to our repo (main contributory factor, i guess)

2. for being eligible for these courses there must be some requirments of education which our students do not fulfill e.g. in pakistan BSc was of 2 years since early 2000 (i guess) then during musharafs time it was changed to 4 years as every where in the world. for applying to some countries (especially japan) they count your years of education starting from class 1. so you can easily see that a simple graduate of pakistan (not professional graduates like doctors, dentists, DVM etc) was getting his degree in 2 years less time than rest of the world so not eligible.

3. the educational limits for being eligible for applying because if you check pakistan most people leave education before 10th grade so not eligible

4. pakistan is not a member of commonwealth states and so not eligible to apply

5.students do not know about this (which can not be true)

i hope this will answer your question

regards

sincerely

I don't think that is true. At least not for student-type jobs.

Foreign students usually do the crap jobs that Aussies don't want to do, and many of them get exploited by getting paid low wages under-the-table because they are technically not allowed to work more than 20 hours/week.

After graduation, there is competition with Aussies, but I don't think there is any racial component there. The graduate job market is tight for everyone, and I have heard Indian IT graduates complain that many of their friends are working in fast food restaurants because they can't get professional jobs in IT.
I've often wondered how do people manage to forego their primary field in IT for flipping burgers!

If I were to migrate to any country, I'd first want to ensure that I have a job offer. Not go there on this status, and then get by for this long and then voila, I get some form of residency. In the IT field, its very important to remain current. I think 6 months of no work would really put a dent in an IT guys career.

I've often wondered how do people manage to forego their primary field in IT for flipping burgers!

If I were to migrate to any country, I'd first want to ensure that I have a job offer. Not go there on this status, and then get by for this long and then voila, I get some form of residency. In the IT field, its very important to remain current. I think 6 months of no work would really put a dent in an IT guys career.

Yeah. I am not sure what these people do. Many of them came here as legitimate students in IT field and completed their coursework. But then the global financial crisis hit and I guess fresh-graduate jobs dried up.

Australia has had record low unemployment for the last 11 years and we mostly escaped the global economic crisis, but there were some effects.

At least these guys have PR, so they can wait a few months in odd jobs until the economy improves. Maybe take a refresher course. I am not sure...

Migration to Australia on the basis of work qualifications require an individual to be skilled in an area that is of a high demand in Australia. DIMA ( immigration office) comes up with a list of such courses. hairdressing and cooking are high demand, accountants and lawyers are not.

Australia has many migration agents of Indian origin who provide service to Indians wishing to migrate to Australia. Since Indian hairdressing or commercial cookery courses are not recognised, Indians come to Australia on student visas (easily granted) to complete these courses set up by these migration agents. They pay off the course fees by working part time in service stations or doing other low paid jobs.

Pakistanis do not have such desi migration agents to expose all these loopholes. In fact Pakistanis do the opposite. They tend to come on student visas and then skip classes to drive taxis. They overstay their visas and are consequently deported. A select few marry local people and then get their PR.

Some states are very tough and some are relatively easily. For example, forget about the Sydney metro area. They do not want more migrants (Sydney has 50% people born outside Australia) . On the other hand, states like South Australia encourage migration and has govt assisted plans for migrants to get jobs and work on securing PR.

Pakistanis [...] tend to come on student visas and then skip classes to drive taxis. They overstay their visas and are consequently deported. A select few marry local people and then get their PR.

Most taxi drivers are Indians. Many Indians/Chinese who come here do not attend classes either and pay off (Indian/Chinese) employers to show fake work experience. In fact many of these "schools" do not even have working equipment or qualified teachers.

The Australian (20 million) government is fully aware of the scam, but allows it because they want good relations with India (1+ billion) and China (1+ billion). In fact, Australia has largely evaded the global recession on the back of the Chinese economy. That is why the Australian student visa is pretty much "rubber-stamped" in India and China.

The only reason Pakistanis would be more likely to get deported is because they overstay. Indians/Chinese get a 3-year student visa, which means they can screw around for 2.5 years and clean up their act in the last 6 months when it is time for immigration review. Pakistanis, from what I have heard, typically get a 1-year visa.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom