Hmmm

Interesting, Okay :pop:

Uhhh yea :yay:

F-35 shot down in dogfight :devil:

libyan-rebels-shoot-down-warplane.jpg

Iraqi F16

- Overpriced for Iraq
- No BVR delivered, no AIM 9 X but L/M
- Friend/Foe system most likely shows almost all our neighbours as friendly... ( unable to fire ? )
- US will cut the weapons/spare parts supply line in case of war

The order of F16s for Iraq most likely ends at 36.

I’m not sure why so many are negative about the mig 35. the F16 first block series are also a joke when comparing them to the block 52/60. The airframe and maneuverability of the mig 29 have not been a problem therefor modernized electronics and weaponry make a big difference.

Hahaha

I'm afraid! You haven't seen anything yet! :omghaha:

Discovery Channel - Ultimates - Explosions - Tsar bomb segment - YouTube

Yea...... :yahoo:

More F-35 shot down :rofl:

Failure 35 engine down

:rofl:

No one is bad mouthing the MiGs out of the bule, but its records suck.

If you think that Russian Aircrafts are better for Iraq, then be it. Keep in mind that both of Algeria and Malaysia had encountered wide range of technical issues with the MiGs.
Iraqi F16

- Overpriced for Iraq
- No BVR delivered, no AIM 9 X but L/M
- Friend/Foe system most likely shows almost all our neighbours as friendly... ( unable to fire ? )
- US will cut the weapons/spare parts supply line in case of war

The order of F16s for Iraq most likely ends at 36.

I’m not sure why so many are negative about the mig 35. the F16 first block series are also a joke when comparing them to the block 52/60. The airframe and maneuverability of the mig 29 have not been a problem therefor modernized electronics and weaponry make a big difference.

Ofcourse Rafale, F18, Typhoon are preferred but they need to pressure them to sell Iraq the BVR weapons.

@ptldM3

Mig-29 is a historic failure, as every single time it has faced an F series, it has gone back to what it really is "a pile of junk metal."

I expect these type of empty comments from fanboys that want to pound their chests at how their aircraft can shoot down the enemy (in this case Indian Mig-29s) If you did a little research you would know that during the Gulf War several Mig-29 locked onto F-15s, the only thing that prevented the Mig-29s from killing the F-15s was the fact that the Iraqi Mig-29s killed themselves. And the F-15s took credit for the Mig-29s accidentally crashing. :lol:

in one particular incident a Mig-29 locked onto an F-15; however, the Iraqi pilot got scared and broke off, the Mig-29 then turned and merged head on with a pair of F-15s at this point the mig-29s tighter turning radius, higher thrust to weight radio, HMS, and archers had a major advantage over the F-15 yet the Mig-29 pilot failed to capitalize and instead crashed his Mig-29 while trying to pull out of a dive shortly after the merge.

Ask yourself why every Iraqi Mirage was shot down as well, or why every Argentinian mirage has been shot down or why Iran had so many Mirage kills. On the flip side why have Mirages performed well when flown by Israelis? Or why did the F-4 perform poorly when flown by American pilots yet when flown by Israeli pilots the F-4 was nearly untouchable.

Put NATO pilots in mig-29s, give them numerical superiority and AWACS and the results would have been different.

Iraqis are better off with getting more vipers instead of buying MIG-35, which no one else is willing to take.

No one is willing to take the JF-17, so what is your point? Why would Iraq want more overpriced F-16s with old PESA radars when they could get cheaper Mig-35 with AESA as well as the same ECM that equips the Typhoon.

So it's AESA vs PESA radar, a western self Protection jammer with AESA technology, either a Thales targeting pod or a newer Russian targeting pod and the advantage of a weapons system operator.

But you are correct Iraq is better off buying older, more expensive and inferior F-16s.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ptldM3

None of your talk can defy the established record in A2A combat. MIG-29 has always lost to an F series, its like flying a coffin, when you are flying against an F series.

I am not discussing JF-17s here, so please quit trolling. Its better for Iraq to stick to vipers, they are time tested machines, instead of buying another sexed up Mig-29 that no one is willing to buy,not even India, Russia's closest ally.

@ptldM3

None of your talk can defy the established record in A2A combat. MIG-29 has always lost to an F series, its like flying a coffin, when you are flying against an F series.

I am not discussing JF-17s here, so please quit trolling. Its better for Iraq to stick to vipers, they are time tested machines, instead of buying another sexed up Mig-29 that no one is willing to buy,not even India, Russia's closest ally.

Me too not intending to troll but regarding red part, did China induct JF-17s? Then why pak did? There is some reason rite...same is the reason regarding India rejecting mig-35, it's not coz of it's capabilities.. there are other reasons.

Me too not intending to troll but regarding red part, did China induct JF-17s? Then why pak did? There is some reason rite...same is the reason regarding India rejecting mig-35, it's not coz of it's capabilities.. there are other reasons.

nope, pakistan developed jf-17 for own use while china never intended to do so, they developed j-10 for light catergery aircraft why would they need jf-17?..

@ptldM3

Mig-29s have its own problems, be its maintenance savy, engines (less life for early models etc)...but its "performance" is matched by the F series. Mig-29 did not do well in export market due t numerous reasons such as USSR collaps, Su-27/30 entrance etc.

German pilots did well in mock battles against NATO pilots. So is IAF Mig-29s against USAF in exercises.

In case of real battle, all F series has got AWCS support and faced poorly maintained Mig-29s. The scene was quite different when IAF Mig-29s faced Pak F-16s in Kargil once as the Mig-29 was BVR capable anf Pak F-16 was not. MiG-29 got a radar lock on two Pak F-16s simultaneously who came to take on on Jaguar who were bombing Pak side of the LOC. F-16s tried to break the lock but MiG persisted with lock and finally F-16s ran away from the scene.

Back
Top Bottom