What's new

Mid-life upgrade for F22P

Yes, should I send you the top secret operating manuals?

Sir with lots of respect, here is where our lacking is. We treat all our products as top secret black programs while a simple brochure highlighting broad capability would not give away much.

This has stunted our Defence industry and led to a lot of lost opportunities. Taking Turks as example, their MOD equivalent has published a whole catalogue outlining their products and services:

https://www.ssb.gov.tr/urunkatalog/en/205/

Yes, should I send you the top secret operating manuals?
Get real man. Top secret manual. Lol. If it is half the quality of western system id be surprised but even most of those aren't "top secret". Im not asking for schematics and layouts but who developed it when it was developed, what systems it will operate. Generic statements which give zero info of capabilities. You know something about what kind of systems there are then say it without giving details. Otherwise its all a bit suspect. Not unlike the Su-35 claims or F-16V/blk 72 claims that have floated around here.

Get real man. Top secret manual. Lol. If it is half the quality of western system id be surprised but even most of those aren't "top secret". Im not asking for schematics and layouts but who developed it when it was developed, what systems it will operate. Generic statements which give zero info of capabilities. You know something about what kind of systems there are then say it without giving details. Otherwise its all a bit suspect. Not unlike the Su-35 claims or F-16V/blk 72 claims that have floated around here.

yes, I will get real. Which western combat and command systems are public? Who developed it, and when it was developed, and where it is deployed and where it is being deployed is secret. I know nothing about these systems or capabilities and only share my opinion. Please suspect it, I have no classified knowledge. BR.

Sir with lots of respect, here is where our lacking is. We treat all our products as top secret black programs while a simple brochure highlighting broad capability would not give away much.

This has stunted our Defence industry and led to a lot of lost opportunities. Taking Turks as example, their MOD equivalent has published a whole catalogue outlining their products and services:

The Turkish MOD and their defence industry, and their marketing arms, do not post about their secret programs.

Pakistan Navy has developed a fully indigenous Command & Management System for Shore establishments, Surface ships and Submarines. The same is being deployed on platforms of interest. This is all I can tell you. With time, you will see information being made public, and then you can remember who told you first. BR

This catalog actually contains an indexing of export activities and targets. As Mr. Bilal Khan 777 said, almost all strategic projects and/or products could be shared years later. Because there are some specific situations where the obscurity factor is important. Some times, open intelligence can provide more information to hostile elements than we anticipated.

Last edited:
This catalog actually contains an indexing of export activities and targets. As Mr. Bilal Khan 777 said, almost all strategic projects and/or products could be shared years later. Because there are some specific situations where the obscurity factor is important. Some times, open intelligence can provide more information than we anticipated.

I'm sure Pakistan has dozens of such examples but I can give you a little anectode from Turkey: Instead of developing the J-600T system in the 2000s, Turkey has decided to start a different program with the experience gained here. Like there is already no public information about the Yıldırım-3 and Yıldırım-4 projects (J600T improvements), Of course, also Khan/Bora system has been protected against open intelligence for years. Turkish public heard the project in 2017 for the first time. However, when the system was first announced, the delivery of most of them had already been completed. Nobody knew what was the first leaked photos in 2017, just before the IDEF, except a few closed communities.

Of course I understand that certain programs are strategic and hence secretive by nature, like the examples of BM programs you quoted. But others like say Genesis battle management system have been quite openly advertised. I just hope for discrimination in secretive behavior.

For instance, you can hardly find any info on say Al Khalid 2 MBT program while we knew quite a bit of details about Altay during its development cycle. Here, literally everything down to rifle selection is wrapped in secrecy.

Last edited:
Of course I understand that certain programs are strategic and hence secretive by nature, like the examples of BM programs you quoted. But others like say Genesis battle management system have been quite openly advertised. I just hope for discrimination in secretive behavior.

For instance, you can hardly find any info on say Al Khalid 2 MBT program while we knew quite a bit of details about Altay during its development cycle. Here, literally everything down to rifle selection is wrapped in secrecy.

Sir Pakistan armed forces used to display their new gadgets quite openly in the past but now not only Khalid 2, but we can't even get full specs of AK-1 or Harba/ Zarb even one should expect much secrecy in case of JF17 BLOCK3.

F22P was a very poor frigate

we had no money and it was the best we afford with the Chinese loan 4 units for $750 million

point defence warship at best and enough to take pressure of the navy for about decade

F22P was a very poor frigate

we had no money and it was the best we afford with the Chinese loan 4 units for $750 million

point defence warship at best and enough to take pressure of the navy for about decade

There is no structure problems with the F22s. The problems relate to upgrading the existing ship systems to new systems. This is due to the fact that these ships were not constructed to incorporate Universal standards related to software and weapon integration. This can hopefully be resolved very easily by the Turks. Once this is done, any on-board weapon system can be replaced with any compatible product from Europe, US, Turkey, China and any other country.

Rumor says, a joint investigation team composed of HAVELSAN and ASELSAN engineers and experts from Turkey will go to Pakistan. They are said to carry out preliminary surveying activities onboard F22Ps for a possible modernization.
Why not China?

Back
Top Bottom