What's new

MG to produce electric vehicles in Pakistan

_NOBODY_

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
FIRST MG ELECTRIC VEHICLE TO BE PRODUCED LOCALLY IN PAKISTAN THIS YEAR.

1623588456773.png

This is big!

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @VCheng @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @TNT @Indus Pakistan @Falcon26 @Norwegian @LeGenD @Zarvan @Iltutmish @notorious_eagle @Akh1112 @mingle @Dazzler @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Tipu7 @Horus @Ark_Angel @SQ8 @krash @Mangus Ortus Novem @DESERT FIGHTER @Goenitz @jaibi @Areesh @Zibago @ziaulislam @Aamir Hussain @GriffinsRule @PakFactor

This is big!
I can accept the generation gap like in defence sector where you can skip gen 1, 2, 3 fighters and start making/procuring gen 4 fighter.
However, commercially this can be a suicide. You can't convince people who litter the streets, to spend extra money, so that they can have a safer/cleaner vehicle. Plus, electricity is not cheap.

In UK the min wage is around 1331£. The electric units price is 0.0125% of it (14.5 p). So how come one can operate it in Pakistan?

I can accept the generation gap like in defence sector where you can skip gen 1, 2, 3 fighters and start making/procuring gen 4 fighter.
However, commercially this can be a suicide. You can't convince people who litter the streets, to spend extra money, so that they can have a safer/cleaner vehicle. Plus, electricity is not cheap.

In UK the min wage is around 1331£. The electric units price is 0.0125% of it (14.5 p). So how come one can operate it in Pakistan?
Petrol is 5 times more expensive than electricity in Pakistan.

This is an SUV, it will bought by rich and upper middleclass.

Petrol is 5 times more expensive than electricity in Pakistan.
I hope with more dams and CPEC power plants it goes further down. However, the comparison should be in /mile or km.. For instance, if one uses electric car so it is 100 Rs/km, if one uses petrol then it is 1000 Rs/km.

Also, if the demand increases then electricity price may go up too., like CNG.

I hope with more dams and CPEC power plants it goes further down. However, the comparison should be in /mile or km.. For instance, if one uses electric car so it is 100 Rs/km, if one uses petrol then it is 1000 Rs/km.

Also, if the demand increases then electricity price may go up too., like CNG.

Watch both of these videos. The biggest issue with electric cars right now is the lack of charging stations and blackouts. Economically speaking EVs are way cheaper to operate than petrol vehicles here, it's not even a contest.

Last edited:

Sir this car is not for the min wage earner... However, car industry in Pakistan is really skewed, it targets just the upper 5%.

Countries like China have massive production of low priced cars targetting middle class and lower. In fact I believe the most popular electric car in China is a $5-10k two seater. We need cars in that in segment.

I suggest just make that rickshaw into a 2 seater car with safety feature.. leave the MG import.
You expect upper middleclass like myself to use rickshaw for daily travel?
I suggest just make that rickshaw into a 2 seater car with safety feature.. leave the MG import.
Different products for different types of customers.

I mean a 2 seater car for students, elderly, women, etc.. good for parking too.. so it may eliminate 1000s of middle class 800cc cars. Also reduces heat and pollutants emissions. @Syed1.
1623590895494.png

Edit.. Even a single seater for daily commute like to office, market etc.

Different products for different types of customers.
You are upper middle class?? How does one know what class they are. Genuine question

This is indeed HUGE for us. Pakistan is finally moving in the right direction. Inshallah it continues............ :pakistan:

As far as this MG car segment is concerned, Javed afridi is going forward with too much speed... He is acting like Elon musk... God Speed. We need competition and players with integrity.

the one comparing upper middle class & wages etc
bhai corolla Gli price is more than 3 million
Civic is more than 4 milion

which middle class can buy it easily ?

This is vehicle is not for the mainstream Suzuki lovers. It will be for the rich and elite.

You are upper middle class?? How does one know what class they are. Genuine question
I like to think that I am lower middle class but my friends say that even middleclass can't own a 1 kanal home in a decent housing society.
This is vehicle is not for the mainstream Suzuki lovers. It will be for the rich and elite.
Rich and elite will buy Tesla model S or Audi E-Tron not this.

Back
Top Bottom