What's new

Merkel approves sales of three MEKO A200 frigates to Egypt

much welcome 🤗 many returns my friend🙏
Marriot Mena House oberoi is such a wonderful hotel with his Pyramids view 🔥

p.s.
I have always been nostalgic to the good old times between our 2 great nations .

Yes we saw so much.

At first day we visited the Gizeh pyramides and we were completly alone in the Great pyramide of Khufu. Also visited various other tombs there. 2nd day we went to Miniya to visit the tombs at Beni Hasan and Amarna...whoooo what a long drive xD. 3rd day we had Saqqara on the list and 4th day we visited the pyramide at meidum and one of Sesostris II at Fayum. We also went to Abusir and Dahshur.

It was amazing vacation and so much to see.

And yes Greece and Egypt share a long and mostly positive history.

Alexander did greatly honor egypt and did care alot for it.

Alexander_visits_the_Apis_bull_at_the_temple_in_Memphis_by_Andre_Castaigne_%281898-1899%29.jpg

What most dont know, when Alexander finally attacked the persian empire the banner was "Zeus-Amun"

supporting anti-Egyptian groups in Libya , violating the Egyptian EEZ in Eastern Mediterranean and trying to get a military port in Sudan …… E
by supporting UN-recognized goverment but not military putschists in Libya (the putschists were adopting a pro-Greek EEZ and we were compelled to do so)... by never violated Egyptian EEZ(but Greece did) in Eastern Med and For the restoration of the island of Suakin and the construction of a ferrybot port for Hajj tourism (There was a foreign-supported coup in Sudan and the project is on hold)

The MB issue may be true because many Egyptians advising the AKP seem to be part of this structure. Also possibly associated with this organization Hundreds of Egyptians fled to Turkey to avoid arrest.

I think you lack concrete information about justifying your feelings towards Turkey objectively. In short, it would be easier to get out of the type efforts by saying 'f. you Turkey'.

Last edited:
Nice! The Egyptian Navy getting even stronger!

by supporting UN-recognized goverment but not military putschists in Libya and dot support
And did Turkey support the UN-recognized government in Syria or align with the "putschists"? ;)

The MB issue may be true because many Egyptians advising the AKP seem to be part of this structure. Also possibly associated with this organization Hundreds of Egyptians fled to Turkey to avoid arrest.
Come on! Erdogan is MB himself! He supports the MB everywhere it is. In Egypt,in Syria,in Palestine,in Libya.

And did Turkey support the UN-recognized government in Syria or align with the "putschists"? ;)

Come on! Erdogan is MB himself! He supports the MB everywhere it is. In Egypt,in Syria,in Palestine,in Libya.
Go and learn a little bit about MB history. Erdogan is not even a small part of it, but he had a narrow vision to believe that he can build a regional cooperation with this structure. Historically, the problem with the Turkish identity/understanting in Egypt has not been from secular segment, but rather the some important demogogs associated with this MB. I think those who manipulated Rte played a role in his mistake. When MB was in power, RTE was defending secularism in the Egyptian parliament where he was a guest, :D what an irony. Some Arab countries, which are now seem as eternal enemies of the MB, were historically supporters of this organization.

What pushes Turkey into Syria is the complete disappearance of border security and the mortar shells falling on Turkey every day. Dozens of Turkish people died. Also I would like to remind you that Turkey is take care Syrians as much as half of the Greeks in the world right now. The Syrian regime side did not fulfill the requirements of the Adana agreement, and the Turkish side built a safe corridor to end the terrorist activities on the border. Since 2018, migration movements from Syria have slowed down and become controllable. If Egypt were to face a similar de facto terms, it would likely do the same. I can understand most of Egypt's security concerns, but to compare this issue with Syria, you need to have more concrete things at your disposal other than allegations.

Last edited:
Go and learn a little bit about MB history. Erdogan is not even a small part of it, but he had a narrow vision to believe that he can build a regional cooperation with this structure. Historically, the problem with the Turkish identity/understanting in Egypt has not been from secular segment, but rather the some important demogogs associated with this MB. While I still don't think he agrees, I think those who manipulated Rte played a role in his mistake. Some Arab countries, which are now seem as eternal enemies of the MB, were historically supporters of this organization.
Who said Erdogan is a big part of it? I said he supports them. He is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. Even if he isn't,he supports their cause. And the eastern Turkish masses love him for it. In that sense he is a demagogue and of course you know,he is a populist.

According to information published by Deutsche Welle on December 16, 2021, the government of former Chancellor Angela Merkel approved the export of Meko A-200 frigates to Egypt before leaving office.
Follow Navy Recognition on Google News at this link

Russian Vyborg Shipyard laid the Purga ice class coastguard ship of project 23550 925 001
First Algerian MEKO A-200 frigate (Picture source: Topwar)

The MEKO A-200 Frigate follows the famous MEKO 200 series general purpose frigates from the ThyssenKrupp stable. A fighting ship capable of full 4-dimensional warfare (AAW, ASW, and ASuW, BCW), the MEKO A-200 Frigate is also designed for sustained operations across the full spectrum of general missions and tasks: patrol and interdiction, support of special force operations, SAR and humanitarian operations.

The MEKO A-200 Frigate is an example of the innovative propulsion, stealth and survivability design, robust sea-keeping, and all-weather boat and helicopter operability that characterizes frigates from Marine Systems.

The MEKO A-200 has greatly reduced radar, IR, acoustic and magnetic signatures to hide and stay hidden: The X-Form shell design; extensive bulwark screening of exposed equipment; flush-closing shell doors, and RCSnet screening of all shell openings, give the vessel very low radar cross-section.

The Meko A200 frigate features the revolutionary CODAG-WARP (water jet and refined propellers) propulsion system: two CPP propeller shafts driven by cross-connectable diesel engines plus a center-line, gas turbine-driven water jet, combining the power of each drive in the water with no need for a combining gearbox.

Merkel approves sales of three MEKO A200 frigates to Egypt (navyrecognition.com)
Supply the both parties. Poison to one, Antidote to other. Wah Kia policy Hai.

Egyptian military is a paper tiger, their assets have been most effective against their own unarmed civilian population, never in war with a foreign adversary.

Egypt will side with the Arabs, because Egyptians themselves are Arabs.

Certainly. But do you see this as an impediment in future relations between Pakistan and Egypt? As long as it is about oil and gas, the Mediterranean will be boiling.

Regarding the deal , I believe this is the original deal of 4 MEKOs A-200 deal ( 3 will be built in Germany and 1 in Egypt) …. But this is only the paper work.

The Turks are the ones who provoked Egyptians by hosting Terrorists, supporting anti-Egyptian groups in Libya , violating the Egyptian EEZ in Eastern Mediterranean and trying to get a military port in Sudan …… Egypt Succeeded to stop all those actions and things are now calm between the 2 states ….. I believe this will be followed by arrangements in Syria .
considering 2 things:

1- Egypt was facing Turkey before other Arabs (Arabs only joined after Khashigi case), except UAE.
2- Economic relations between the two countries are excellent and never stopped.

I was referring to the initial pivot that Egypt was making before the whole UAE-Israel-Jordan-Greece-Egypt grouping. I still remember that an extensive strategic partnership plan was being discussed between President Sisi and Erdogan somewhere around 2018.

Yes , Egypt is the biggest Arab country (between every 4 Arabs there is 1 Egyptian) … but to be honest , Egyptians consider themselves as Egyptians first distinguishing themselves from other Arab talking countries ….. even the Egyptian Arabic ( the most widely used dialect in cinema, arts or even business throughout the Arab world) is a little bit different from the standard Arabic ) including thousands of words from ancient Egyptian language…. Knowing that this is a growing direction in Egypt.

As it should be. Egypt has a high population growth and limited land area that can produce food. Also, your population concentration is extremely high along the Nile river for obvious reasons. You need to do what it takes to finance development projects and secure resources in the far flung remote areas of the Egyptian deserted interiors. Even if it means securing your interests militarily.

Has Egypt taken any serious steps for the Su-35BM tender? I heard that the NASSER class helicopter carriers are already being inducted in your navy.

Certainly. But do you see this as an impediment in future relations between Pakistan and Egypt? As long as it is about oil and gas, the Mediterranean will be boiling.

I was referring to the initial pivot that Egypt was making before the whole UAE-Israel-Jordan-Greece-Egypt grouping. I still remember that an extensive strategic partnership plan was being discussed between President Sisi and Erdogan somewhere around 2018.

As it should be. Egypt has a high population growth and limited land area that can produce food. Also, your population concentration is extremely high along the Nile river for obvious reasons. You need to do what it takes to finance development projects and secure resources in the far flung remote areas of the Egyptian deserted interiors. Even if it means securing your interests militarily.

Has Egypt taken any serious steps for the Su-35BM tender? I heard that the NASSER class helicopter carriers are already being inducted in your navy.
No I do not see it as an impediment in Egyptian-Pakistani relations.

It's needed along with long range cruise missiles as well as Submarines

I don't know seems like they are well carried in these both areas but there is need for under water drones that could scale any balance were they to engage in sea warfare

by supporting UN-recognized goverment but not military putschists in Libya (the putschists were adopting a pro-Greek EEZ and we were compelled to do so)... by never violated Egyptian EEZ(but Greece did) in Eastern Med and For the restoration of the island of Suakin and the construction of a ferrybot port for Hajj tourism (There was a foreign-supported coup in Sudan and the project is on hold)

I think you lack concrete information about justifying your feelings towards Turkey objectively. In short, it would be easier to get out of the type efforts by saying 'f. you Turkey'.
Go and learn a little bit about MB history. Erdogan is not even a small part of it, but he had a narrow vision to believe that he can build a regional cooperation with this structure. Historically, the problem with the Turkish identity/understanting in Egypt has not been from secular segment, but rather the some important demogogs associated with this MB. I think those who manipulated Rte played a role in his mistake. When MB was in power, RTE was defending secularism in the Egyptian parliament where he was a guest, :D what an irony. Some Arab countries, which are now seem as eternal enemies of the MB, were historically supporters of this organization.

What pushes Turkey into Syria is the complete disappearance of border security and the mortar shells falling on Turkey every day. Dozens of Turkish people died. Also I would like to remind you that Turkey is take care Syrians as much as half of the Greeks in the world right now. The Syrian regime side did not fulfill the requirements of the Adana agreement, and the Turkish side built a safe corridor to end the terrorist activities on the border. Since 2018, migration movements from Syria have slowed down and become controllable. If Egypt were to face a similar de facto terms, it would likely do the same. I can understand most of Egypt's security concerns, but to compare this issue with Syria, you need to have more concrete things at your disposal other than allegations.

I know that Erdo is just using MB to achieve his goal of being a khalifa ..

but on the other hand , you give Turkey the right to protect its borders with Syria but denying Egypt form protecting its boarders with Libya …!!

knowing that Turkey is the main contributor of allowing Terrorists to flow into Syria …. but Egypt suffered a lot form the chaos in Libya caused by NATO( including Turkey) invasion of the Libyan land …. Resulting in many terrorists attacks through the boarders in Egypt .

regarding Syrians …. Erdo used Syrian refugees to blackmail Europe and use them as mercenaries in Libya and Armenia …!

i need you to understand one thing , I’m not against Turkey … I have been there more than one time ( before the Arab spring and the tension between the 2 countries) …. But what we suffered here from the support that MB takes from Erdo Regime is huge my friend … but things now are calm and the economic trade between the 2 countries is huge and growing…. Recently, there are news in the Egyptian local media about many shipments of LNG to Turkey in the last 3 months .

I'm a little confused here. Is Egypt making a follow-on A200 order? So, Egypt would have a total of 7 A200 frigates?
It is really confusing.. because 4 Meko-200EN were already approved and construction of 3 have started in Germany and 1 in Egypt before these news.. So your guess is good.. it means most likely 7.. with 3 more made in Egypt and another 3 Meko-300 in the pipeline to make it a total of 10 Meko frigates.. considering that they will all carry the Mica NG.. it is a strong possibility..

See the source image

I don't think this is a necessary purchase they are alraedy stacked in navy department but rather they should have gone for something else such as underwater drones etc etc etc

Back
Top Bottom