What's new

Menon discusses security situation with Bangla leadership

I think I am in a far better position than anyone else on this forum to determine whose side these guys are on. I worked very closely with the 1/11 administration and know the inside info.
OOPS....there goes the neighbourhood.

Why couldn't Menon wait for next Delhi govt.?

M I Ali

Last week Shiv Shankar Menon, the Indian Foreign Secretary, came on an unannounced and unscheduled visit to Bangladesh. This is the first of its kind and supposed to be indicative of the close relationship that the Awami League government enjoys with its super power wannabe neighbour India.

This relationship is now so close that the Indian Foreign Secretary did not feel the need to go through the formality of making formal announcements. It must be noted here that such unannounced visits to 'friendly' countries is not a new phenomenon; US and NATO officials regularly visit Iraq and Afghanistan unscheduled and unannounced.

It seems that there must have been an urgent need for a high Indian official to visit Bangladesh, a visit that could not have been put off for a later date. The parliamentary elections have just started in India and will go on for over a month ending in mid May. So what could the urgency be? Definitely not to invite a delegation from Bangladesh to inspect the Tepaimukh project in North Eastern India which will deny water to the central and north eastern part of this country, or to exchange pleasantries with political leaders.

The incumbent Indian government is on its way out and a new government will take over in the next couple of months, the Indian Foreign Secretary therefore could not have been on a routine visit during this period of transition in that country.

The Director General of BDR has returned from India after meeting his counterpart in the BSF to discuss cooperation between them. Routine visits would have to wait for the outcome of the Indian parliamentary elections which will install a new government in order to be qualified as routine. Some emergency situation must have presented itself to warrant the urgent unannounced visit of the Foreign Secretary and in the absence of any credible explanations from either India or Bangladesh, one is left to speculate the possible reasons for the visit.

Excusive meeting
First is the nearly one hour exclusive meeting between the Indian Foreign Secretary and the Prime Minister of Bangladesh. It is indeed highly unusual for a Foreign Secretary of another country to have an exclusive meeting with our Prime Minister. Such an official's exclusive meeting should have been the preserve of the Foreign Secretary of our country. Even a one-to-one meeting with the Foreign Minister would have raised some eyebrows; but such a meeting with the Prime Minister has definitely caused a stir among the people.
The Indian Foreign Secretary then had a similar meeting with the Chief of Army Staff of Bangladesh Army. This is indeed highly unusual. This leads one to wonder what could not wait until the new Indian government to take office, speculators would point their fingers to one direction only.

The reports of the BDR investigation committees are due to come out before the new Indian government takes office. There are two reports on the BDR that are due to be released. One is the much delayed report of the Committee set up by the government, the submission of whose report has been twice delayed for reasons known only to the Government and the other is the one conducted by the Bangladesh Army. The later report is unlikely to be made public but an official report will be there nonetheless, for the posterity. Was the Indian Foreign Secretary here on a cover-up mission? The nation would definitely want to know the truth.

HOLIDAY > FRONT PAGE

Idune,

A couple of things. Neither is India a super Power or Bangladesh a minnow, to accommodate a unscheduled visit from a foreign delegates. There is a security to be addressed.

I think it was scheduled at a very short notice.But more of your government not informing the media about his visit. So dont compare it to US and call it as unscheduled.

This is what Tohaid Hossein had to say "the visit of the Indian Foreign Secretary was a scheduled one and it was "not a surprise visit".

Here is the Link from BD media:
:: The Daily Independent Bangladesh :.. Internet Edition

But yes, surprised what he had to discuss with PM and Army chief.

I think I am in a far better position than anyone else on this forum to determine whose side these guys are on. I worked very closely with the 1/11 administration and know the inside info.

MBI, as i said, what you and me believe don't matter until we substantiate with proof, unless of course you believe in being Goebbels.

And yes, I'm still awaiting your logic for rigged election.

MBI, as i said, what you and me believe don't matter until we substantiate with proof, unless of course you believe in being Goebbels.

And yes, I'm still awaiting your logic for rigged election.

I have already shown you the method of how the election was rigged.

I have already shown you the method of how the election was rigged.

Ok , so let us get the base correct.

A total of 69 million votes were cast.
Bangladesh Election Commission - Home page

AL won 230 seats out of 300 ( 76%)
National Election Result 2008: Seat Wise Total Status

That means it bagged, almost 53 Million votes. Now even if i were to accept your theory of 10 million rigged votes, i have a tally of 43 million votes in favor of AL out of 59 million votes (deducting the votes of displaced voters. The 10 million votes as per your theory were abandoned.). By any equation, that still is a majority.

Awaiting your analysis on which region was rigged... and HOW.

Election engineering has been well documented and NOT part of discussion in this thread. Looks like indians here so eager defend Awami victory so I suggest open a different thread to discuss that.

Indians are here to hijack another thread so we should warn MOD.

BNP claimed there were rigging in 70 seats. If we take their word and give them those 70 seats, they still loose... Pathetic.

BNP claimed there were rigging in 70 seats. If we take their word and give them those 70 seats, they still loose... Pathetic.

I would give the BNP the 70 votes to prevent this Baksalite government from doing things against the national interest. So not pathetic.

Point is, whats been done for this, except crib. Would like to know what has your system done to challenge rigging of election. .

Election engineering has been well documented and NOT part of discussion in this thread. Looks like indians here so eager defend Awami victory so I suggest open a different thread to discuss that.

Indians are here to hijack another thread so we should warn MOD.

Idune, may we know where is this documentation. I could not locate anything on net on this part. Awaiting.

Idune, may we know where is this documentation. I could not locate anything on net on this part. Awaiting.

One, you dont know much about Bangladesh and language to understand what went on. So no point talking to novice with chip on shouler for Bangladeshi matter.

Two, as I said before I am not going to waste this thread and discuss BD election just to satisfy your motivation. You better look into election thread that is already there learn more about it.

Point is, whats been done for this, except crib. Would like to know what has your system done to challenge rigging of election. .

Well they can raise complaint with Election Comission. If EC cant resolve that and they are still have reason for discontent, they can go to High Court. Not sure but they probably have a law now to have Electional Tribunal in High court where the case can be disposed quickly.
No complaint was raised from BNP/Jamaat except they sweepingly said in media that there were rigging in 70 seats and they even did not bother naming those seats.:hitwall:

One, you dont know much about Bangladesh and language to understand what went on. .

Oh. And i remember you using some choice word's for my country.. Flawed logic ain't it?

I just wanted a debate on merit's. Ain't getting any from you, i reckon.

Well they can raise complaint with Election Comission. If EC cant resolve that and they are still have reason for discontent, they can go to High Court. Not sure but they probably have a law now to have Electional Tribunal in High court where the case can be disposed quickly.
No complaint was raised from BNP/Jamaat except they sweepingly said in media that there were rigging in 70 seats and they even did not bother naming those seats.:hitwall:

I can understand rigging at some level. But some BD member's have been regularly blaming INDIA for every feather that flutters in Bangladesh. So right from calling BD Election commissioner, BD army chief, Ms.Hassina and Care taker government, as India stooges, up to calling a democratically elected government as a "rigged" one. There is no stopping anyone here, free for all. If it stinks, it must be India.

To a blind, world is black.

You are derailing the thread as I mentioned it to indians. indians are here to waste any thread but why couldn't you shift election discussion on election thread we have??

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...-started-new-begining-election-2008-a-36.html

Back
Top Bottom