What's new

Massive wildfires in Greece,sabotage suspected

Foinikas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Greece
The last few days,there have been fires again,in various places of the country. As if it was an organized plan,wildfires started appearing and the fires are so intense and hard to take out,that we're talking about a new national tragedy.

SEI_168541874.jpg

Thrace and especially the area near Evros and around Alexandroupoli,have some of the worst fires right now.

_130883012_greece_fires_map_north_east_2x640-nc.png

The amount of smoke is crazy

greecefire_vir_2023234.jpg

Although in various places,mostly south or in some islands,there were various arsonists arrested. A crazy man,in another part of Greece a seasonal fireman (suspicious) there are also cases of sabotage: In Rhodes,a German "tourist" was arrested trying to start a fire.

Then there were rumors that illegal immigrants in various parts of Thrace,were starting the fires on purpose. Eventually,the rumors were true and 13 illegals of Pakistani and Syrian descent,were arrested after they were found trying to start fires by local citizens on patrol.

There are more locals talking about illegals trying to start or having started fires in Thrace. The people are frustrated. The destruction is immense. Houses,monasteries,entire forests have been burnt. People and livestock have died. And there was a report from a channel that whole band of illegals carrying equipment for arson and also armed,were arrested by the police after shooting back at them.

On top of all that,gypsy looters appeared at a factory and neighborhoods to grab whatever they can,when everybody left to save their lives.

Lmao at witness.. Just desperate ppl lookin for scapegoats besides it is difficult to start wildfire believe me if it is not divine wildfire it is tough to start them no matter how dry or warm it is..

You can't start wildfires even with bombs designed to start fires and how can you assume a lighter can?

Lmao reminds me of 2 years ago when Algeria suspected Morocco and blamed them publically falsely on a massive wildfire in West-Algeria

Last edited:
check this out... World wildfire live map..

People been hearing about the Canada one and Greece but South America, Southern part of Africa and Australia are hardest hit areas in the world currently including China and Japan is going thru some big wildfires way bigger then Canada and Greece wildfires or the Maui wildfires have dominated the news but there are bigger wildfires taking place in China and Japan right now and nobody is hearing about it besides the biggest hit areas are South America, Southern Africa and Australia

Last edited:
Those forests are no longer in our way...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What are you bullshit about, moron?! Those forests also belonged to all humanity. It's not even funny!

The forests in Çanakkale also burned. According to your "logic", the work of the Greeks has become easier.

What are you bullshit about, moron?! Those forests also belonged to all humanity. It's not even funny!

The forests in Çanakkale also burned. According to your "logic", the work of the Greeks has become easier.
Moron senin anan, bacın, babandır.

Obviously, you don't have the mental capacity to identify and comprehend a joke.

Lmao at witness.. Just desperate ppl lookin for scapegoats besides it is difficult to start wildfire believe me if it is not divine wildfire it is tough to start them no matter how dry or warm it is..

You can't start wildfires even with bombs designed to start fires and how can you assume a lighter can?

Lmao reminds me of 2 years ago when Algeria suspected Morocco and blamed them publically falsely on a massive wildfire in West-Algeria
Wow you're so smart. You should be a professor!

The thing is,that an Albanian of Greek citizenship and 2 Greeks who were out on patrol (because people started patrolling and guarding their own places up there,after all that's been happening)found them and proceeded to "arrest" them on their own. Basically they put the 13 Pakistanis and Syrians inside a trailer and locked them up until the authorities arrived.

They were charged with unlawful arrest,since citizens of course can't make arrest others.

However,the authorities investigated their claims and indeed how evidence. The prosecutor charged them with arson.

This isn't the first time illegals in Greece started fires. Was it last year or the year before,that they caught an Afghan woman trying to start a fire? And the black guy with the cell-phones and the fake IDs and numbers.

• Summary
  • More than 350 fires erupt since Friday - minister
  • Blazes force hundreds to evacuate
  • Fire near Athens burns cars, homes, factories
ATHENS, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Greek firefighters backed by aircraft battled a blaze spreading outside Athens for a second day on Wednesday, one of hundreds ravaging a country where wildfires have already killed 20 people this week.

Several hundreds have fled their homes nationwide since fires erupted in northern Greece on Saturday, fanned by heat and high winds in the summer's second major outbreak.

Climate Crisis and Civil Protection Minister Vassilis Kikilias said 355 wildfires had erupted since Friday, including 209 in the last 48 hours. Firefighting teams were making "superhuman efforts" to contain them, he said.

The fire brigade warned that more fires could break out, and spokesman Ioannis Artopios said conditions remained "difficult, and in several cases extreme."

About 20 km (12 miles) north of Athens, more than 200 firefighters backed by volunteers - alongside 65 vehicles and 15 aircraft, some sent from Sweden and Germany - battled a blaze that began early on Tuesday near Fyli, a village in the foothills of Mount Parnitha and spread towards the town of Menidi.

The capital has been smothered in smoke and ash since the blaze broke out on Tuesday.

By Wednesday, about 150 people were evacuated by bus from three nursing homes in Menidi to hotels or other care facilities.

Police ordered other residents to leave as a fire-fighting helicopter clattered overhead, dropping water on the flames.

A volunteer carried an icon of the Virgin Mary out of a burning monastery, its yard blackened and covered in ash, while police officers rushed to remove large gas canisters from the premises.

"The fire went out for half an hour.... but with these very strong winds, it's been alternately starting and then stopping again," 60-year-old resident Dimitris Armenis told Reuters.

About 700 migrants held at the nearby facility of Amygdaleza were evacuated to another camp, a migration ministry official said.

[1/13]Volunteers try to extinguish a fire burning a house, as a wildfire burns in Menidi, near Athens, Greece, August 23, 2023. REUTERS/Elias Marcou Acquire Licensing Rights

The fire has left a trail of destruction, burning homes and cars in Fyli and forcing residents to flee on foot, some covering their faces with their clothes because of the smoke.

Volunteers loaded sheep in the trunks of cars to save them.

WORST SUMMER FOR FIRES​

In the northern region of Evros bordering Turkey, a fire burned for a fifth day.

Rescuers discovered 18 burned bodies on Tuesday, believed to be migrants, in an area near Dadia forest, a common route for people from the Middle East and Asia trying to enter the European Union.

In the nearby port city of Alexandroupolis, dozens of hospital patients, some on stretchers, others with IV drips attached to their hands, were evacuated onto a ferry.

A satellite image broadcast on state television showed smoke from the Evros fires had drifted across the country to the Ionian islands in the northwest, not far from Italy.

Summer wildfires are common in Greece but this year they have been made worse by unusually hot, dry and windy weather which scientists link to climate change.

"This summer is the worst since meteorological data began to be collected," Kikilias said.

In July, tens of thousands of foreign tourists were evacuated from the island of Rhodes, where a fire burned for a week, burning hotels and resorts as well as swathes of land.

"In my 32 years of service I have never experienced similar extreme conditions," fire brigade head Giorgos Pournaras told a press briefing.

The thing is,that an Albanian of Greek citizenship and 2 Greeks who were out on patrol (because people started patrolling and guarding their own places up there,after all that's been happening)found them and proceeded to "arrest" them on their own. Basically they put the 13 Pakistanis and Syrians inside a trailer and locked them up until the authorities arrived.

They were charged with unlawful arrest,since citizens of course can't make arrest others.

However,the authorities investigated their claims and indeed how evidence. The prosecutor charged them with arson.

This isn't the first time illegals in Greece started fires. Was it last year or the year before,that they caught an Afghan woman trying to start a fire? And the black guy with the cell-phones and the fake IDs and numbers.
There's something called citizen's arrest. I doubt that this concept has been made illegal in Greece.

There's something called citizen's arrest. I doubt that this concept is illegal in Greece.
Well,the media went nuts calling them vigilantes and people shouldn't form militias to guard their own properties and (especially the Communist Party of Greece went mad) this is a "racist delirium" etc. And the thing is,the guy who grabbed them,is Albanian who has been living in Greece for years.

It is honestly BS. I don't believe any of it and rounding up some randoms from the street is pretty easy and lay blame but the matter of the fact is that starting a wildfire is extremely difficult. I will chellenge you to start one go get benzin and try to start a wildfire. I guaraantee you that you won't be successful 99.9% of the time unless NATURE wants these trees burned down then it will kick start itself automatically and nobody can stop it.

The greeks feel like God has failed them or whatever Mary or Jesus astargfullah we seek protection in god himself from what they associate with him in worship and divine-ship.

Can anyone tell me why God would intervene for Greece since they have opened all the vacation spots for LGBT farce. Nobody started the Volcano in pompeii either. Wildfires are truly a force of nature

Last edited:
It is honestly BS. I don't believe any of it and rounding up some randoms from the street is pretty easy and lay blame but the matter of the fact is that starting a wildfire is extremely difficult. I will chellenge you to start one go get benzin and try to start a wildfire. I guaraantee you that you won't be successful 99.9% of the time unless NATURE wants these trees burned down then it will kick start itself automatically and nobody can stop it.

The greeks feel like God has failed them or whatever Mary or Jesus astargfullah we seek protection in god himself from what they associate with him in worship and divine-ship.

Can anyone tell me why God would intervene for Greece since they have opened all the vacation spots for LGBT farce. Nobody started the Volcano in pompeii either. Wildfires are truly a force of nature
Ah of course,everything the white man says is "BS" for great Titanium100.

350 fires in 4 days seem natural to you.

16 new fires around a specific area in one hour seems normal to you.

Wow professor.

Back
Top Bottom