What's new

Mass protests sweep Gilgit Baltistan

It is A protest against removal of a long standing wheat subsidy . The ordinary people, most of whom are very poor and depend on the subsidy, believe the subsidy is their right. They are calling for the removal of taxes because according to international law, there should be no taxation without representation. ..... And they are right !!

Officially, Pakistan has rejected Gilgit–Baltistani calls for integration with Pakistan on the grounds that it would prejudice its international obligations with regard to the Kashmir dispute , Pakistan has removed the wheat subsidy under pressure from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) , Now Pak Govt. should either give them proper representation , or this tax should be removed ...

And you have started talking about what happened in 60`s and other irrelevant stuff , Here We are not talking about Kashmir Dispute ... Or Indian hypocrisy or state terrorism in IOK ... That is a totally different topic ...... Open a new thread for it if you want

We know (without connecting the dots) that you are trolling !!

To your dismay , They aren`t holding any Indian or Azadi flags ... Neither are they demanding anything like that ...... They are only talking about a law .. an international law ... Its about "economic relief " only , which is their lawful right ...........

Nvm bro I just read this post of yours. I got it.

Just fyi when we say Pak occupied Kashmir in India we include Gilgit-Baltistan in it. :)

funny that for namesake, Pakistan refuses to integrate GB into its constitution, but does not feel one bit the need to consult the residents of GB when signing away a part of this land to china!

Yes, GB may not be integrated into Pak, but Pakistan sure acts like they own them...at least based on your actions from the 60s..

May be because that part of land(Shaksgam Valley) was never under control of Pakistan and Pakistan only accepted China's control on something which it was already occupying.

JKLI is represented by 50% muslims...the rest by other ethnic groups in the state...
So not sure what your basis for this argument is...
Besides...Kashmir is policed by locals...majority of them being muslim.

As mentioned above, half of JKLI is muslim....the general that controls the troops and operations in J&k is muslim. I dont see how that can be overlooked as being as strong a case as that you are trying to position for GB and their 9% representation in PA...
If anything, there is a considerable amount of volunteers for the Indian armed forces and paramilitary from muslim recruits of Kashmiri origin even though the state is wrought with muslim seperatism....which would actually indicate that muslim seperatism is but another political school of thought in a large J&K and is just another voice...
Whether its a majority is only based on the assumptions of a sample size of the population through surveys as being representative of the whole...

The basis of my argument is quite simple actually - If the contention is that the people of GB and AJK don't want to be a part of Pakistan they wouldn't be joining the Pakistan Army in droves !

Likewise if the people of Occupied Kashmir where Muslim Separatism is the basis for Independence are not Separatists they would be joining the Indian Army in droves ! The question about whether the Non Muslims from amongst them do or do not wish to join Pakistan or want Independence is already a settled issue which makes it completely irrelevant to the question at hand.

The fact that there were 29,000 Muslims in the Indian Army that is well above the million man mark in '06 with even by horrendously optimistic estimates were it to double in 2014 would make it an atrociously low figure doesn't seem to lend much credibility to your argument that there are considerable amounts of volunteers for the Indian Armed forces from Occupied Kashmir.

Butt Sahib look at all those pictures ... They are people of Gilgit-Baltistan , It is not about who secured more votes than the other in elections .. People of Gilgit Baltistan are united for the first time , groups from a range of political and religious backgrounds collectively protest against the removal of a longstanding wheat subsidy. And it has turned out to be the longest protest in history of the territory ............. They are not the workers of some political party recording their protest in front of some press club ....... And you say no one , including people of GB gives a foOk !!! ... :drag::drag: ?

Sher Sahib, the people of Gilgit-Baltistan can protest about the lack of hair on Noora's Scalp for all its worth to me - For that is their right and no one is stopping them nor is anyone against them !

Whether it is the largest protest in the region's history or not is still up for debate; I've seen larger rallies taken out on increased power tariff but thats irrelevant !

What is, however, relevant is the spin that our Indian friends like to give everything and then utter shamelessly 'deekhaa.....deekha hum nei tou kahaaa thaaa' - Hence why I didn't quote you ! :unsure:

Pfffft. No Kashmir or GB in PAKistan.

Butt saab ab bhi bhaag jaein India.

Pooooooft :D

Pfffft. No Kashmir or GB in PAKistan.

Butt saab ab bhi bhaag jaein India.

Pooooooft :D

Mein India seh nahin ayaaa.....mein British India seh ayaa thaaa - Aap kiii tarhaaan apniii lungi pakar kar Bay of Bengal mein dupki nahin lagaiii thiii aur Arabian Sea mein seh nikal nahin ayaa thaaa ! :haha:

Mein India seh nahin ayaaa.....mein British India seh ayaa thaaa - Aap kiii tarhaaan apniii lungi pakar kar Bay of Bengal mein dupki nahin lagaiii thiii aur Arabian Sea mein seh nikal nahin ayaa thaaa ! :haha:

Main to KaraNchi main paida hua. Passport Amreeka ka aur rahta PUNJAB main. Apki tarah nahin ghar India main idhr aap RAW ke agent ban ke aye hain :D

Plus AK has been nothing but trouble for us. No need for Kashmir. Let India keep it.

:chilli:

Main to KaraNchi main paida hua. Passport Amreeka ka aur rahta PUNJAB main. Apki tarah nahin ghar India main idhr aap RAW ke agent ban ke aye hain :D

Plus AK has been nothing but trouble for us. No need for Kashmir. Let India keep it.

:chilli:

A visit to Karachi gave me asthma - So no fond memories of the City; except visiting Quaid's Mausoleum ! :(

You're talking about handing over my ancestral homeland ? :mad:

Abhii aaap kiii Morena Apa ko phone lagataa hunnn keh aaapko - her Baby Brother - dooo chapairain lagaiiin ! :angry:

A visit to Karachi gave me asthma - So no fond memories of the City; except visiting Quaid's Mausoleum ! :(

You're talking about handing over my ancestral homeland ? :mad:

Abhii aaap kiii Morena Apa ko phone lagataa hunnn keh aaapko - her Baby Brother - dooo chapairain lagaiiin ! :angry:

Karachi is a beautiful place. Lovely city, if only these MQM fucks and the Talibastards go into blochistan Karachi would be heaven. So so so so so many places to visit compared to Lahore. Plus the "aapay se baahir" kakiz are a joy of their own :D

Morena ko miss, i am getting engaged soon :D

Karachi is a beautiful place. Lovely city, if only these MQM fucks and the Talibastards go into blochistan Karachi would be heaven. So so so so so many places to visit compared to Lahore. Plus the "aapay se baahir" kakiz are a joy of their own :D

Morena ko miss, i am getting engaged soon :D

Congratulations ! :cheers:

Whether it is the largest protest in the region's history or not is still up for debate; I've seen larger rallies taken out on increased power tariff but thats irrelevant !

Butt Sahib LONGEST * ...

A local news publication, the Pamir Times, said this is the longest protest in the territory’s history. It reported that Gilgit's shops and roads had been closed for two days by the strike.

Protesters from Shigar and Rondu joining the main procession in Skardu — ‎at ‎Skardu سکردو, Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan‎.‎
April 16

From 6 days ago :
Going strong: Demonstration over wheat prices enters third day in G-B – The Express Tribune

From 3 days ago:
GB people plan protest march - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Dharna continues on the 9th day in Gilgit and Skardu | PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities

Long March Updates from Gilgit-Baltistan | PAMIR TIMES | Voices of the Mountain Communities

Back
Top Bottom