What's new

Mark 2 Tejas (Desi Rafale)

Gripen vs Tejas Mk-1 dimensions
  • Length: 14.1 m vs 13.2 m
  • Wingspan: 8.4 m vs 8.2 m
  • Height: 4.5 m vs 4.4 m
  • Wing area: 30 m2 (320 sq ft) vs 38.4 m2 (413 sq ft)
  • Max takeoff weight: 14,000 kg vs 13,500 kg
  • Hardpoints: 8 on both
While the length of the Gripen is slightly higher, most other physical attributes are the same on both. Tejas Mk-2 (MWF) size is larger than the Gripen but slightly smaller than the Rafale
so same dimensions make it as capable as Gripen? :hitwall:
images - 2020-07-30T094009.715.jpeg

Where is Indian SPECTRA?

The current ew suite is Israeli elbit systems as it worked with Israeli aesa radar 2052.

The mark 2 tejas will be prototyped with Indian aesa uttam and the ew suite will be developed by same company. I will create separate thread

This will also include details on work on new ramjet bvr Astra 2 and new next generation Brahmos which is smaller than the current Brahmos.

The current ew suite is Israeli elbit systems as it worked with Israeli aesa radar 2052.

The mark 2 tejas will be prototyped with Indian aesa uttam and the ew suite will be developed by same company. I will create separate thread

This will also include details on work on new ramjet bvr Astra 2 and new next generation Brahmos which is smaller than the current Brahmos.

Brahmos-M has been only on paper since 2014. Russia is not interested/helping. It will not see the light of the day.

Such optimism is what I need in my life.

I'm not talking about the capabilities but strictly about the weight class since @JohnWick said Gripen falls under the medium weight category while Tejas is a light weight class which is why I quoted a specific sect of his post
K

Such optimism is what I need in my life.
Bhai.. Let them be happy if it makes them happy.

Realistically speaking, Tejas and Tejas MK2 are both unproven 4.5 gen fighters. Mk2 is just a concept that is yet to be prototyped.

The specs are looking good but as we all know very well they are plagued by shortfalls which HAL has been working more and more to address in the recent years, which is why IAF has expressed confidence in this platform by making such a big order.

Only when Tejas sees combat or participates in war games, we can say something with credibility. The specs are comparable with Gripen but in real world, JF-17 is more effective simply because its cheap, does what it should do and has been in front line service for quite some time.

I have to say that JF-17 and F-16 with radar jamming tech/EW suites, the PAF is formidable even in small numbers and with a much smaller budget, and your pilots get more recognition/respect in society than ours. There is no doubt that PAF is doing an excellent job and if they had the same budget and size as IAF, they probably would be a superior force.. but at the same time, India's military had a lot of smug complacency because we never saw China as a considerable threat because of our trade, and always underestimated Pakistans military will.. while PAF has no choice but to be on its toes all the time, and excel in every way at every step which is what we are seeing and we will see more of this attitude in IAF with the changing perception of the Chinese threat.

India.s problem.is red tape and bureaucratic hurdles by dhoti wearing hindu chimp ministers and babus.

They have no comprehension of evolving threat and it means we are reacting to geo strategic changes too late.

Any country of our size and technology should not be flying jaguar and migs in 2020.

We should have had 120 tejas mark 1 a in service now and readying to start mark 2 next year as first squadron and amca in 2030 .

Rafale order should have been taken in 2014 so we had 50 or 60 here already

The mki mlu should have started by now

It's too late imo

But we have to keep going

Gripen vs Tejas Mk-1 dimensions
  • Length: 14.1 m vs 13.2 m
  • Wingspan: 8.4 m vs 8.2 m
  • Height: 4.5 m vs 4.4 m
  • Wing area: 30 m2 (320 sq ft) vs 38.4 m2 (413 sq ft)
  • Max takeoff weight: 14,000 kg vs 13,500 kg
  • Hardpoints: 8 on both
While the length of the Gripen is slightly higher, most other physical attributes are the same on both. Tejas Mk-2 (MWF) size is larger than the Gripen but slightly smaller than the Rafale
The F-35 lightning II has a length of 14.5m and a height of 4.4m....So does it make LCA comparable with F-35 despite the fact that F-35 has stealth technology?
the thrust of LCA engine is 90kN with after burner while that of F-35 is 190kN.
Does this technology of LCA
images (9).jpeg
can compareable with this F-35
images (10).jpeg

having comparatively similar dimension?
Sorry but sometimes you have to look outside from your Wizard of OZ.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about the capabilities but strictly about the weight class since @JohnWick said Gripen falls under the medium weight category while Tejas is a light weight class which is why I quoted a specific sect of his post
Mig-21 has also the similar kind of dimension So do we start compositing it with Gripen or F-35?

What do you mean nothing is happening?
Already Tejas squadron is operational. Wait, is it one of those see nothing, hear nothing games from you guys?
The fact is Similar jft programe has operational in 3 countries with block 3 has it maiden flight a year ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom