What's new

Margalah Plane was hijacked

@ air marshal:

You should have read the first post mate !
This piece of crap is what started the thread in the first place..

Yeah! The American was
109915-mishadawood-01.jpg
and she was studying at UC Berkley I am pretty sure Americans are not suicidal like Taliban.As far as i remember Muslims have flown planes into building not Americans.
PS: The two Americans were of Pakistan Origin.

if she is the one than i take my word back..
Remember i said may be in that post...

Last edited:
Just came across and find, Please enlighten with comments. Sorry dont know about the exact source?

2potjxx.jpg

my brother, this is the new report that have caused the starting of this very thread.
have a look at previous pages and you will find out what people are discussing about it.

to speak about myself, i guess i have been a bit too vocal on calling it a BS..:D

regards!

Shooting down a passenger plane, its not new

Iran Air Flight 655 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Korean Air Lines Flight 902 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ukraine Admits Mistakenly Shooting Down Russian Passenger Plane

i can imagine ppl like you had then passed glorious remarks about conspiracy therories and how stupid they sound but mate reality is not always what you persume it to be.

all the above mentioned cases were conspiracy theories once, thinking out of the box doesnt necessarily means its only fantasy stuff.

Do you think the people at NTSB or FAA investigating this crash will not look at a possibility of hijacking? Specially after 9/11?

I dont deny the fact that such mentioned event happens but for god sake every time something happens , some guy come up with such theories. Look at all other threads they are filled with it including flood in Pakistan. And tell me how many such aspects are you going to check??
Shooting down the plane in No fly zone.. or Hijacked by 2 Americans (one has been clarified ) for attacking on Kahuta..or suicide bomb by Taliban?.. the point is think rationally act logically.. dont discuss everything with such "out of the box" thinking as this only spoils rational thinking power...

Those who have seen Kahota Plant,know very well that a mere aircraft cannot destroy it..The plant is on the foot of a steep hill and surrounded by high peaks..Manovering a Passenger jet with such a precision to take it all the way to Kahota from Islamabad,while dodging the hill tops, can only be seen in Hollywood movies and cant be done in real life..
Same about the Terbela dam..The dam wall is too thick to be breached by an airplane..At the same time do you think PAF and Pakistani Airdefence will sleep all the while and let the hijacked plane actually do those low flying stunts and then reach the alleged targets?
If anybody really neds to destroy Kahota,they will need the most powerful ground penetrating and bunker busting munition,as most of the important installations are buried deep in the belly of the mountain..
If they want to destroy just the security guard's cabin,they can do it anyway :)

Pilot was very experienced and there are no logical reasons for the deviation from flight path... so far!
Most unusual part is, thus far it is not clear who ordered the plane to take off just moments before touch down and why?
there has to be a reason for not releasing the conversation of cockpit and control tower.
All what is speculated is based on unbelievable deviations in flight path and due to missing transparency.
Only, govt. is to be blame for all the confusion.
Non the less nothing can be said for certain or can we?

Where as black water is concerned it does not necessarily has to be Americans. In Iraq and Afghanistan local people and people from all around the glode were hired by black water in promise of American passport and so was in Pakistan.
retd. captian Zaidi was one example.

Batman Sahib,

I am quite sure this will not be the first case of a highly experienced crew involved in a CFIT accident.

Secondly, what "take off just moments before touch down" are you talking about? How can you "take off" when you haven't even touched down? Are you confusing that with a "go around"? If so than that's not the case. Its a classic approach to the foot of the runway, break away followed by a semi-circle loop, and approach at the other end. Its standard practice in the industry.

So the "go around" or rather "break away" is not the cause of concern but why they failed to make that (elongated) semi-circle to approach the other end, and went off course. Seems like a navigation error to me.

Yes CAA should be make more transparent and all reports should be made public. That decision the govt. has to take.

I am feeling slightly nauseous reading all this.

I have been an airline pilot for almost 20 years now. In the 1990's, we had a crew every bit as experienced as this one turn a 767 around and descend into mountainous terrain near Cali, Colombia. The jet crashed, killing all on board. Everyone wondered how the heck it happened.

The simple answer - They programmed the wrong point into the FMS, Flight Management System. Air Traffic Control might say something like "Proceed direct PENSO." All fixes are five-lettered except for VOR's. The crew might enter PESNO instead of PENSO. In this case, there WAS an actual PESNO fix; it happened to be high in the mountains. The jet turned, descended, and crashed.

It was a simple but sad accident with a vastly experienced crew.

I hope people don't take offense, but the paranoia and the thrill of the conspiracy that I've seen since joining the forum has not been attractive. At all.

Did not you know that I was the hijacker? I was assigned by black water and CIA to land the plane on Margalla Hills because according to our intelligence sources, UBL was hiding there with My. Kayani!

I mean what is the point of this thread?

Hi,

It seems like this pilot religious beliefs and piety caused the destruction of the plane and death to the passengers---.

Seemingly---according to a resourceful Air Marshall---this very religious pilot was fasting---against the flight regulations---fasting caused a drop in this glucose level---which impaired his judgement---possibly---if he had sugar problems---may have passed out momentarily or had impaired judgement---.

What a tragedy---if it is true---how un-professional and un-ethical.

Last edited:
Hi,

Here is the original analysis.

What Went Wrong with the Airblue Flight
By Air Marshal (Retd. ) Ayaz Ahmed Khan
Islamabad , Pakistan

On Wednesday, July 28, 2010, Airblue flight 202 ED took off from the Quaid-i-Azam International Airport at 0750 AM. It was a normal air journey for the 146 passengers, who were expecting to land at Benazir Bhutto International Airport after two hours. But instead of landing the plane crashed into the Marghalla Hills, in a ball of fire, killing 152 people, including the crew of six.

It was a disastrous air tragedy, which has caused deep grief across Pakistan. The entire nation grieves and commisserates with the next of kin of those who died so unexpectedly. What went wrong with the Airblue Flight ED 2002 will become clear after the data in the flight recorder - the Black Box - is studied and analyzed by experts. This is likely to take time.
The weather at Islamabad’s Benazir Bhutto International Airport was overcast, with low clouds and rain. The clouds appeared to be at ground level, though the Air Traffic Control said that the cloud base was at 1000 feet above the ground. Inside the cloud the visibility would be zero, which may have disoriented the pilot, and in the worst case scenario, may have caused sudden vertigo. The 62-year Captain Pervez Iqbal Chaudhry was an experienced Airbus 321 pilot who had logged thousands of flight hours. His flight safety record was impeccable. But when did he qualify the instrument rating examination and tests, which are mandatory for airline pilots? Airblue and Civil Aviation officials must tell the media and the people the truth. First Officer Muntajib Chughati, a former F-16 PAF fighter pilot, had one year’s experience on Air Bus 321. If the captain suffered some mental lapse, the first officer should have immediately turned the aircraft around towards safety, from its wrong path .
The Airbus 321 was a comparatively new aircraft, and had suffered no maintenance problems in the past. Its flight safety record was excellent. The media analysis that flight ED 202 strayed from the normal landing approach and continued flying towards Marghalla Hills leading to the crash is correct. The pilot of ED202 was on the approach to runway 300, when he was advised to divert and land on runway 120, owing to change in wind direction. This required a bad weather circuit, which entailed a right turn, and then immediately a left turn, so as to fly parallel to the runway at a distance of not more than three miles, keeping the runway in sight all the time.

After turn onto the base leg and then onto the final approach, to land on runway 120. Bad weather circuit is a visual maneuver and the pilot has to be in contact with the ground at all times. This is an illegal maneuver if the pilot cannot see the ground and the runway. It was the pilot’s responsibility not to enter the cloud. But with the low clouds and rain, the radar controllers and the air traffic controllers should have warned and advised the pilot to abort the bad weather circuit for runway 120. There was no emergency, and the Ed 202 should have been diverted to Lahore, Faisalabad or Peshawar.
Entry into the clouds during the bad weather circuit was a fatal mistake. Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Chairman of Airblue, has rightly blamed the captain for this fatal lapse. The captain should have diverted and discontinued the circuit and the approach. Some reports suggest that Captain Pervez Iqbal Chaudhry was a deeply religious person and it being Shab-e-barat was fasting. Fasting is illegal while flying because it lowers the sugar level in the blood, and adversly affects quick reactions and good judgment.
It is worth mentioning that the aircraft in the proximity and over Benazir Bhutto International Airport are under radar surveillance at all times. And it is the duty of the radar and air traffic controllers to monitor closely aircraft movements, especially in bad weather. Flying in the cloud or in and out of the cloud at circuit height at BB International Airport is dangerous. The ED2002 captain presumably being inside the cloud had lost touch with the ground. Ignoring the dangerous high terrain, he did not turn left immediately, went far to the right, and rammed into the Marghalla Hills. Few years back Air chief Marshal Mushaf Ali Mir, Chief of the Air Staff Pakistan Air Force and several senior PAF officers, died in similar circumstances. The VIP Fokker captain, a Squadron Leader, started descent into the clouds to land at the Kohat airstrip.
He rammed the Fokker into the cloud-covered high hills, killing everyone on board. But Kohat did not have any radar. The Benazir Bhutto Airport has a modern radar and ILS landing system for runway 300, which ensures a safe environment for aircraft operations. But in radar-controlled airspace, such as the one that exists over Islamabad, to ensure high standards of air safety, the human factor is of vital importance. The pilot should have asked for radar assistance, which means radar assisted approach for runway 120, which does not have ILS – the Instrument Landing System. Radar controllers should have directed the pilot to take immediate left turn, when on the radar scope he was seen heading towards the hills. The radar operator on duty should have been very vigilant! If the eyes of the radar operator are not glued onto the radar scope, or he is busy in some other activity, he is not likely to accomplish his primary duty efficiently, i.e. to ensure safety of the aircraft in the air.
The July 29, 2010 report that “preliminary investigation by Aviation Authorities that the pilot’s navigation error could be the most likely cause of the crash” is far fetched. Such a finding is pre-mature and incorrect. The Airbus 321 has a sophisticated and state-of-the-art error-free navigation systems.
It was a human error and not a navigation error. Maintenance or technical problems contributing to the accident were unlikely as the Airbus 321 has back up systems, which take over in case of the failure of the main system. The findings of the flight recorder are vital to clear the speculations and rumors. The Flight recomrder data must not be tampered with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Point is that the story has been said to have been released by some Aviation sources who want to keep their/his identity secret. But ... that source person/s also making only assumptions ... a layman also can make such assumptions.

Sorce person is not sure about it...!!!

Well for the part of the conspiracy theory... I think the black box and the voice recorder are the only two things that are of value in determining it once and for all as to whether this was hijacking or pilot error. That too if they are not tampered with which is highly likely due to credibility of the responsible people and the way things tend to sway in the direction of political winds... the post by MastanKhan explaining the sequence of events leading to disaster are scientific and logical... but still Blackbox and voice recorder are something that will put everything in this case scenario in order. Anyways may God rest their souls in peace. Amin

Hi,

Here is the original analysis.

The media analysis that flight ED 202 strayed from the normal landing approach and continued flying towards Marghalla Hills leading to the crash is correct. The pilot of ED202 was on the approach to runway 300, when he was advised to divert and land on runway 120, owing to change in wind direction. This required a bad weather circuit, which entailed a right turn, and then immediately a left turn, so as to fly parallel to the runway at a distance of not more than three miles, keeping the runway in sight all the time.

THIS... THIS.... ^^^^

This is the critical portion. A circling approach in bad weather can be unbelievably challenging, especially when it gets sprung on you once you are well into the approach to the original runway. It is amazingly difficult, when the weather is down, to execute this properly.

In hindsight, he probably should have executed a missed approach to the original runway, which is designed to get the aircraft above any threatening terrain; then, either hold and wait for the weather to get better, or divert. Diverting would probably be a better choice.

Airblue sources cite hearing "Sir Pull up" from the FO in the last few seconds in the cockpit recorder.
Question is.. were the Airbus's advanced safety systems off.. or ignored?
Most pilots are all too familiar with the "Whoop WHoop.. Pull up" and other never jangling alarms..

Back
Top Bottom