What's new

March 23, 2012 Republic Day

While that original map was a little ambitious..
The idea of a separate bangistan was always the better option.

for your kind information. it is middle day that has been chosen....... its not a blunder.

I don't know how many of my fellow Pakistanis have heard this story

Pakistan started celebrating 23rd of March as Pakistan day when the first Constitution of Pakistan was adopted in 1956 (because the constitution was put in force on the 23rd of March 1956)

When Ayub Khan revoked the constitution in 1958 we were in dilemma on how to celebrate 23rd March. Only then 1940 resolution reason was cited as the reason behind celebrating 23rd March

I hope some one more knowledgeable can shed light on this

Today is the 72nd anniversary of the Pakistan Resolution :pakistan:

287866,xcitefun-pakistan-day-23-march-0.jpg

10675-PakistanballoonsAFP-1332490427-778-640x480.jpg

287865,xcitefun-pakistan-day-23-march-1.jpg

287864,xcitefun-pakistan-day-23-march-2.jpg

287863,xcitefun-pakistan-day-23-march-3.jpg

23-march.jpg

Main%20Bhi%20PAK%20hoon%20Tital.jpg

I don't know how many of my fellow Pakistanis have heard this story

Pakistan started celebrating 23rd of March as Pakistan day when the first Constitution of Pakistan was adopted in 1956 (because the constitution was put in force on the 23rd of March 1956)

When Ayub Khan revoked the constitution in 1958 we were in dilemma on how to celebrate 23rd March. Only then 1940 resolution reason was cited as the reason behind celebrating 23rd March

I hope some one more knowledgeable can shed light on this

23rd March 1940 is when the Muslim League officially demanded a separate homeland for Muslims and passed the Pakistan (Lahore) Resolution in the site of Minar-e-Pakistan that stands today in Lahore, Pakistan.

The Resolution declared: "No constitutional plan would be workable or acceptable to the Muslims unless geographical contiguous units are demarcated into regions which should be so constituted with such territorial readjustments as may be necessary. That the areas in which the Muslims are numerically in majority as in the North-Western and Eastern zones of India should be grouped to constitute independent states in which the constituent units shall be autonomous and sovereign".

The Resolution repudiated the concept of United India and recommended the creation of an independent Muslim state consisting of Punjab, N. W. F. P., Sindh and Baluchistan in the northwest, and Bengal and Assam in the northeast. The Resolution was seconded by Maulana Zafar Ali Khan from Punjab, Sardar Aurangzeb from the N. W. F. P., Sir Abdullah Haroon from Sindh, and Qazi Esa from Baluchistan, along with many others.

p0601050401.jpg

At the Muslim League session, March 1940, Nawab Sir Shah Nawaz Mamdot presenting address of welcome.

p0601010301.jpg

At the Muslim League Working Committee, Lahore session, March 1940

p0601040601.jpg

Quaid-i-Azam, Liaquat Ali Khan and Nawab Muhammad Iftikhar Hussain Khan of Mamdot at the Lahore Session, March 1940.

p0601030701.jpg

Having passed the Pakistan Resolution, the Muslims of British India changed their ultimate goal. Instead of seeking alliance with the Hindu community, they set out on a path whose destination was a separate homeland for the Muslims of British India.

23rd March 1940 is when the Muslim League officially demanded a separate homeland for Muslims and passed the Pakistan (Lahore) Resolution in the site of Minar-e-Pakistan that stands today in Lahore, Pakistan.

Yes I too have studied Pakistan studies and know all that but was 23rd March celebrated before 1956 ?

Yes I too have studied Pakistan studies and know all that but was 23rd March celebrated before 1956 ?

23rd March 1956 was when Pakistan was officially declared as an Islamic Republic making Pakistan the world's first Islamic Republic. Remember Iran became an Islamic Republic in 1979, Pakistan became an Islamic Republic in 1956. Before 1956, Pakistan was a Muslim majority country not an Islamic Republic.

23rd March 1956 was when Pakistan was officially declared as an Islamic Republic making Pakistan the world's first Islamic Republic?

And the reason for that was ?

Before 1956, Pakistan was a Muslim majority country not an Islamic Republic.

You might want to recheck the status of Pakistan pre - 1956

You think Pakistan was hindu majority before 1956 :rofl:

Where did you get that from ?

You check the status. I stand corrected. Pakistan was a Muslim majority country before 1956. On 23rd March 1956, Pakistan became the world's first Islamic Republic.

Prior to 1956 Pakistan was Dominion of the Crown with Queen Elizabeth II (the current British Queen) as the head of state and Governor General representing her. Pakistan was using the Government of India Act 1935 as an interim constitution. Before 1956 PAF was called RPAF (Royal Pakistan Air Force) because technically it was in service of the British crown

India too was following this interim constitution but they become a republic when they adopted a new constitution on 26 Feb 1949. To this day they celebrate 26th Feb as their Republic day because of their new constitution.

On the other hand Pakistan adopted its new constitution seven years later on 23rd March 1956 and became a Republic. That date which we celebrate as Yum-e Pakistan.

My point is there is nothing in history that points to the fact that it was implemented (Pakistan's first constitution) on 23rd of March to coincide with the 1940 resolution

i was so hoping to see the JF17 in air show or Islamabad it hurts man no parade should have been a air show or city man how much that have cost :cry:

i was so hoping to see the JF17 in air show or Islamabad it hurts man no parade should have been a air show or city man how much that have cost :cry:

Ya where are JF-17s gone?

Last time we saw this:

2341781493_1cf3d9846f.jpg

2347203256_fe5ff980c3.jpg

jf-17-38-large.jpg

jf-17_T3F_PakWheels(com).jpg

Two_JF-17_Thunders.jpg

1zy7vd2.jpg

its right to have air show but there should be nation air show as well they do have in india and russia and other

23rd march SSG - YouTube

@My dear Pakistanis

for the sake of the day, for once just for once..... stop responding to Indian trolls. why you MUST respond to their baits... WHY dont you ignore them and report them? why every single time you fall for the same trap?

for once celebrate the day without degrading the thread.

BCB's Work in a word " Complete Ediotic ", Seikh Haseena Is A servent of India,i've heard it b4.But now I realise she,her apprintice,govt all are servent of india.Bd lost & Pakistan wins .Entire match was very fare,honest match.I would requst pakistan to question about younis& akmals out.They have to do this,bcb must taught a lesson

Back
Top Bottom