What's new

Manufacture of the first Saudi-Brazilian turbo jet engine

Philip the Arab

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology in cooperation with the State of Brazil announced the first turboprop engine used in the field of civil and military
As the TKF-500

It is similar to turbojet used in SOM cruise missile.

Saudi Arabia's King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) announced on 19 November that a joint Saudi-Brazilian team has successfully developed and built a turbojet engine called the TKF-500 for military and civilian applications.

No further details were released, but the Brazilian involvement almost certainly came from the turbojet manufacturer Polaris, which already produces a range of such engines. Its TJ1000 is being used for the Míssil Tático de Cruzeiro (MTC-300) surface-launched cruise missile that is currently being developed by Avibras for the Brazilian Army.

The 300 km-range cruise missile will be launched from canisters mounted on the Brazilian Army's existing ASTROS II multiple rocket launchers, a system that is also in service with the Royal Saudi Land Forces (RSLF).

Turbocharged engine (5.35kN (1202 lbs of thrust)
Produced by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology is used to drive air vehicles
-Drones
- Guided missiles
The power of the Saudi engine is similar to that of the Turkish engine with the cruise missile #som, which has a range of 250 km, which was requested from America to be installed on the F35.

Last edited:
Isn't this a major achievement? Future CMs can utilize this turbojet without having to worry about EU/US vetos.
Yep. I just tagged him to point to an insider 'joke' ... literally everything I say on Quwa, it seems the likes of UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc, are doing it (e.g., working with Brazil, Ukraine, etc), while Pakistan is either silent (for a good reason, or because it's not taking advantage of these opportunities. or can't for reasons outside of its control).

Yep. I just tagged him to point to an insider 'joke' ... literally everything I say on Quwa, it seems the likes of UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc, are doing it (e.g., working with Brazil, Ukraine, etc), while Pakistan is either silent (for a good reason, or because it's not taking advantage of these opportunities. or can't for reasons outside of its control).
Well, maybe this can pave the way for cooperation with Pakistan in the future Inshallah. UAE/KSA military industries have jumped at rapid rates that both countries can take advantage of. With this example, a joint CM similar to SOM using this engine, and Pakistani expertise at cruise missiles guidance could easily be done.

There are also other engine projects
51.7 lbs thrust engine
Dst1_fNXoAAWqWG.jpg

787 lbs thrust engine
DsyQf8fXQAIbRTW.jpg

Which engines does Babur and Ra'ad use? They don't fall in MTCR.

King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology in cooperation with the State of Brazil announced the first turboprop engine used in the field of civil and military
As the TKF-500

It is similar to turbojet used in SOM cruise missile.

Saudi Arabia's King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) announced on 19 November that a joint Saudi-Brazilian team has successfully developed and built a turbojet engine called the TKF-500 for military and civilian applications.

No further details were released, but the Brazilian involvement almost certainly came from the turbojet manufacturer Polaris, which already produces a range of such engines. Its TJ1000 is being used for the Míssil Tático de Cruzeiro (MTC-300) surface-launched cruise missile that is currently being developed by Avibras for the Brazilian Army.

The 300 km-range cruise missile will be launched from canisters mounted on the Brazilian Army's existing ASTROS II multiple rocket launchers, a system that is also in service with the Royal Saudi Land Forces (RSLF).
As far as I know, There is no ''Saudi Arabia made Cruise missiles'' Did you guys just designed an engine without a cruise missile to integrating? So you are probably gonna use Brazillian Cruise missiles with this engine? (Brazil already has it's own engine program for Brazilian cruise missiles) Weird... But still good news for you.

As far as I know, There is no ''Saudi Arabia made Cruise missiles'' Did you guys just designed an engine without a cruise missile to integrating? So you are probably gonna use Brazillian Cruise missiles with this engine? (Brazil already has it's own engine program for Brazilian cruise missiles) Weird... But still good news for you.
:angel:

Chinese most likely, but idk.

It can also be used on light aircraft, but doesn't mean there isn't cruise missile projects in the works, or coming up in the future.

Also, Brazil has 12 million people of Arab roots like the last, or last last president.

1024px-Eclipse-N503EA-060825-14-16.jpg

Not sure if the engine matters that much for range. It does, but a cruise missile is basically an aircraft, so the more room you have for fuel, the longer the range. Of course, there's probably also a max weight engines of varying sizes and power output can handle. I do think Pakistan is making a turbojet in-house, with so many cruise missiles and now a high speed target drone, it'd make a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom