What's new

Manmohan Singh sends mangoes to Gilani

Imagine Poor mango taking injections shots...before going to Gilani's Stomach:)

imagine the pain it will be going through.:undecided:

Manmohan should send 20 MKIs, so we could reverse engineer it! and Gilani should send JF-17s! (joking :p)

But good effort from Manmohan, he definitely deserve my respect for attempting to reduce the trust deficit between both this country. If I was Gilani, I would reply it by giving sweet mangoes, or maybe oranges. :)

Hope this new peace emerging will be sucessful!

Manmohan should send 20 MKIs, so we could reverse engineer it! and Gilani should send JF-17s! (joking :p)

But good effort from Manmohan, he definitely deserve my respect for attempting to reduce the trust deficit between both this country. If I was Gilani, I would reply it by giving sweet mangoes, or maybe oranges. :)

Hope this new peace emerging will be sucessful!

Why can't MMS go to Pakistan along with the mangoes..and mouth feed
the Gilani's ???

The kind of mangoes our PM want..MM Signh wont be able to send those...:p

New Delhi: As he endeavours to reduce trust deficit between India and Pakistan, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday sent a consignment of mangoes to his counterpart Yusuf Raza Gilani.

About 20 kgs of special Alphonso mangoes were despatched to the Indian High Commission in Islamabad, which will pass these on to the Prime Minister's office there, sources said.

Singh has also sent a letter to Gilani, saying that he hopes the Pakistani Prime Minister would like the mangoes sent as a goodwill gesture.

The initiative of sending the mangoes comes after a bonhomie witnessed between the two Prime Ministers in Thimphu last month when the two leaders decided to take steps to reduce "trust deficit".

At his press conference here yesterday, Singh said the "trust deficit" was the "biggest problem" between the two countries because of which "we could not make any headway in the composite dailogue."

Maintaining that it was important for India to "have best possible relations" with Pakistan to realise "full development potential", the Prime Minister said, "It has been my effort to try to reduce the gap between our two countries without surrendering or without affecting our vital national interest."

A similar case of mango diplomacy was witnessed in early 1980s when the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and Pakistani leader Gen Zia-ul Haq exchanged 'Anwar Rataul' mangoes.

In 2001, the then Pakistani ruler Gen Pervez Musharraf had sent mangoes to the then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Home Minister L K Advani before coming to India for the Agra Summit.
PM Manmohan Singh sends mangoes for Pak PM Gilani

Looks like Manmohan Singh<congress> shifting from aam<common> aadmi to aam<mango> diplomacy

Good gesture I find MMS as one of the most genuine persons in Indian politics cant say the same about his Party though. I hope this good gesture leads to better relations

Thanks Dr: Manmohan Singh, for mangoes, but we r not sending Hafiz Saeed. :cheers:

Rajiv Gandhi once said that if central govt allocates 1 Rs to Poor ,by the time it reaches to him ,it becomes 15 Paise.

Hope Indian Bureaucracy didn't misappropriate few KG of Mangoes.

May Be Gilani G asked for it in Thimpu SAARC Meeting?

It would be better to exchange prisoners getting rotten in the jails of both the countries. It is disheartening to see that human lives have no value in the hearts of these so called "Mango Leaders"

Mansanpk2009 G, I appreciate that you raised this point,But See at least Mangoes are being sent otherwise we keep blaming each other for interference in internals affairs and keep exchanging hot words.

We should give every good sign/good will gesture a thumbs up because these are rare commodities in Indian sub continent.

Back
Top Bottom