What's new

Maneka opposes cow slaughter for Army sneakers, stalls project.

In all these examples, I have pointed out that the slaughter of cows is exclusively prohibited, whereas the slaughter of other animals is permitted on certain conditions. Why is that?

Why is it that selling pork a pretty hard business in secular countries like turkey??same logic here ..we donot want any suggestions froma hardline islamic country,,u want ur laws here Gr8 then follow my rules in ur place so talk about unrestricted beaf in india when u are ready to get me a ham burger besides lal masjid street..

Umm are you being serious or just displaying your ignorance of world affairs and world opinion on Islam due to terrorism being practised by radicals of that religion internationally. Did you hear of 9/11 ?

No...No...that was a CIA conspiracy to malign the peace loving jihadis.

I think Bilal holds an argument and i commend him on how he presents his case when posting his point. Like me i think he loves Pakistan and is proud to be. I think Indian muslims are bullied sometimes and to try to be accepted by society dont agree with pakistani muslims, but i thnk you figure of 90% is from the land of make belief.
BTW i think if something offends a religion it should be respected and taken on board. If i offend anyone it is not my intention.

He don't even know what he is talking. He says "He is not religious" Even a Religious person don't talk like this. He doesn't even know about other religion. He is Just posting same thing by 100 Ways. Even all post means same thing and has same single answer.

Yes, it is indisputable that the Indian constitution has left the issue to states to regulate whether the sale of beef should be banned or not. Likewise, the constitution protects the sentiments of minorities. Hence, can you argue with my contention that if a Muslim majority state in India outlaws the sale of pork, then all people who live in that state will be bound by that law subject to exemption being applied for?

I am happy you admitted that there are 'certain gaps' in the 'secular nature' of the Indian states. Likewise, I am willing to laud India (unlike Pakistan) for trying to promote a secular culture in the country. India has no doubt done many good things, which Pakistan should aspire to follow. There is more needed to be done though. However, as a child of Indian parents, & someone who's mom's entire family (parents, siblings) is still living in Bihar & UP, I have very strong opinions on this topic, as well as my family's personal experiences. I've discussed it many times on other threads as well, but I won't do so here. My discussion here is strictly on cow slaughter, as it pertains to the topic.

I am happy you admitted that there are 'certain gaps' in the 'secular nature' of the Indian states. Likewise, I am willing to give India the credit (unlike Pakistan) for trying to promote a secular culture in the country. India has no doubt done some very good things, which Pakistan should aspire to follow. There is more needed to be done though. However, as a child of Indian parents, & someone who's mom's entire family (parents, siblings) is still living in Bihar & UP, I have very strong opinions on this topic, as well as my family's personal experiences. I've discussed it many times on other threads as well, but I won't do so here. My discussion here is strictly on cow slaughter, as it pertains to the topic.

I believe that the general attitude of the Supreme Court is that Islam does not specifically direct that a cow be sacrificed during Eid. It can be any animal. Hence they left it to each state to regulate the animal slaughter policies. I personally am against that as I believe in the complete freedom of religion and choice if it isn't insensitive to others' beliefs. On the argument of the Supreme Court of India, my view is that the laws prohibiting the slaughter of cows are invalid as I have yet to find any Hindu religious scripture which prohibits the eating of meat or cows for that matter. No scripture which I know of creates a "holy cow" in Hinduism. Offcourse I stand to be corrected. So if it isn't prohibited in Hinduism, how can it offend the sensitivity of Hindus? I nonetheless remain sensitive to beliefs whether they hold weight or not in my opinion. Example being that as a Hindu I consume alcohol and pork but will not do so whilst I am dining out with my Muslim or Jewish friends

.... I have very strong opinions on this topic, as well as my family's personal experiences. I've discussed it many times on other threads as well, but I won't do so here. My discussion here is strictly on cow slaughter, as it pertains to the topic.

I know you have strong views on certain subjects and compared to quite a few posters you try to back it up with facts. That is why I am debating at length with you here. You are only looking at laws on paper but not the entire picture as is practically present. The laws seek to ban slaughter in public.
There are similar laws banning animal sacrifice during Hindu festivals as well. It does not target specifically muslims or Eid. Look at facts beyond these laws dude.A country does not become a major exporter of Beef without having slaughter houses in multiple states.

Am Indian and I eat beef...so any qualms about it anyone? And I prefer steak above all...so who thinks beef is the best red meat u an lay your hands on?

Thank You Bilal,

Today I learnt one more thing here:

Cow Slaughter = Secular State.

Thank You ver much.

This post is to those, who have a question on India's (or) Indian citizens secular credentials (for those who cannot (or) not willing to, use (or) type, India (or) Indians, the term you can relate to is "bharatis"), they can come and look at the way India works...

Yes, cow slaughter could be (or) IS banned... In some area's you can get BEEF... Not in ALL area's.... There are designated COW slaughter houes, where it is done and Muslim people buy COW MEAT (or) BEEF from there... So is PORK / PIG...

If India was TRULY non-secular, as some members seem to indicate, then ALL the places will serve PORK and no one will serve BEEF... Am I right?

Now lets come to the LAW's stated in our constitution, which some members happily quote... In real world, there is something called as "COURTROOM LAW" and "PRACTICAL LAW"... And I am sure, people will understand this and I don't have to explain in detail, what this means...

For those yapping about, India is claiming to be secular, but it is not... Well, IMHO, the TRUE meaning of secularism is separating the functioning of STATE, without any bias to ANY religion...

If we have to take this meaning of this word, then the Indian constitution should be changed to remove below...

1) Muslim personal law board should be abolished.
2) Caste (or) religion based quota's should be abolished.
3) Uniform Civil code should be made mandatory (One common law for ALL Indian citizens).
4) All those subsidised religious travels, should be abolished.

And I am sure there are still many other things which will be removed, which will affect ALL the religion's followers in India...

Why is not done...

1) Politician's who play vote bank politics, will be deprived of their core vote bank...
2) IMHO, the under current of Indian (bharati for the un-initiated) thought process is, live and let live... If I get some privileges, let the other person also get something... This rational of this thought process can be understood, only if you spend enough time with an Indian (bharati, as some may call us)...

Thank You Bilal,

Today I learnt one more thing here:

Cow Slaughter = Secular State.

Thank You ver much.

'Exclusive cow slaughter' prohibition to appease the sentiments of the majority, pertaining to a specific belief system; shows a 'lacking' secular nature. I also condemned the killing of 6 Congress members in Chhattisgarh a few days ago, when they were blown up by Maoists. Many Indian members here were rejoicing over this incident, & as I remember, some said that more Congress people should have killed.

Then Cow Slaughter should be banned completely. India is not Pakistan where only Muslims laws are important. Here, All religions should be taken care of.

........Now what's your point left ??

Are you Flag bearer of Muslims ??? Even 90% Indian Muslims don't like Pakistani Muslims.

:lol: i find it amusing when Hindu bhartis are calling names to Maneeka for her demand to ban Cow slaughter for making shoes of bharti army soldiers and these bhartis are justifying and supporting COW slaughter for making shoes for armymen but the same ones oppose cow slaughter tooth nad nail for Muslims in India on Eid.

it seems the respect for gao mata has different standards and can be done away with when its meant for being slaughtered for making jootas for indian army

'Exclusive cow slaughter' prohibition to appease the sentiments of the majority, pertaining to a specific belief system; shows a 'lacking' secular nature. I also condemned the killing of 6 Congress members in Chhattisgarh a few days ago, when they were blown up by Maoists. Many Indian members here were rejoicing over this incident, & as I remember, some said that more Congress people should have killed.

she is calling for ban on pretext of pro-animal sentiments while on the other hand same demand comes from Hindus in India when Muslims are slaughtering cows on eid. but in this case i have seen many bhartis are abusing her and saying cows should be slaughtered for making shoes for indian army.

strange situation

A secular state does not mean the state will have to take an approach that negatively affects the sentiments of majority of its citizens. Its policies ought to be the fulfillment of the hopes and desires of its children. That being said, i happen to love beef.

By the way, this are simply silly rants from an obsessive environmentalist. Dont you have environment activists in Pakistan?
-shahabas

A secular state does not mean the state will have to take an approach that negatively affects the sentiments of majority of its citizens. Its policies ought to be the fulfillment of the hopes and desires of its children. That being said, i happen to love beef.

-shahabas

So in your views killing, slaughtering COWS for making shoes for Indian soliders is NOT affecting sentiments of majority citizens in India???? if NOT Then how come their sentiments get hurt on Eidul adha ?

The State (including a secular State) has a duty to maintain law and order and to do so it will amongst others have to protect the right to the freedom and dignity of all its people, which will include their right to religious freedom. If a Hindu or Christian in India had to open a restaurant outside a mosque in an Indian city, India despite its secular constitution will have to ensure that the State takes steps not to affront the religious beliefs of its Muslim people. Likewise, in order to ensure the religious freedom of the Hindu people, the State has left it to the provincial states to legislate on the religious sentiments of its people. Perhaps I am mistaken, but the message which I get from many Pakistanis is that a secular nation like India should prove its secularism by discriminating against or ignoring in total the religious sentiment of its majority religion being Hinduism. That will lead to anarchy and revolt which even the most secular of states cannot permit.

Back
Top Bottom