What's new

Management of the disease called... 'TALENT'!!

Garry

BANNED
Reaction score
Beginning of this year, nation was rocked by horrendous allegations of a resident doctor from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, being responsible for sexual molestation of a child admitted with brain tumor. The child’s father accused the concerned doctor of such an act before the patient (on which he had operated) was being shifted out from the ICU and planned for discharge. The doctor allegedly agreed that he had examined child’s private parts, but that was because he had difficulty in urination (not an unusual thing to do) – his fault was that he didn’t wait for the nurse to return back (she was out trying to fetch boy’s parents).

As the child’s father approached media, news channels, nationwide, plunged into their ‘exclusive coverage’ mode and single handedly convicted him guilty of the crime. AIIMS formulated a body to investigate the matter which interrogated all concerned, and submitted its report to the Health Minister. And guess what, justice was delivered just like that – he was sacked; his license to practice elsewhere terminated; his and his family’s honor shattered – all without even waiting for police investigation (forget about the case reaching the court of law). The electorate was happy, media was pacified, institute authorities completed their share of duties – justice was delivered – fastest known in recent times!!

Over the next month, police department completed its investigations and found insufficient evidence to even file a court case. They added, “We have reason to believe that the child was tutored, even the psychological tests point to that.” Furthermore, “There were some money issues and the child’s father was not too happy with the conduct of the doctor.” So, what evidence was the basis for his termination WITHOUT TRIAL? But the damage was already done. Our colleague was convicted and proven guilty without an investigation or trial; and condemned to a professional (and psychological) death sentence.

His agony does not end here. In spite of these results of police investigations, the institute authorities repeatedly denied him an opportunity to meet and clarify his stand. The media, as expected, systematically forgot to mention such (non-sensational) news. It’s been three months since the police report, and he’s still unemployed!!

I do not personally know this resident (haven’t even seen him). Yet I know what talent it means to get to an institute of this stature; I can understand what his family (which was once proud of his achievements) feels; I can see what his future (which was the brightest possible in this country) now looks like; I see myself in him.

As you read this, I know you feel his agony too… it’s what all talented middle-class-educated-youngsters would face, if the system decides to make a scapegoat of them. It’s time we react before it’s too late.

Please share this post and spread the word of the victimization and disrespect of talent in this country. Support him.

Jai Hind.

Similar thing happened in UP.

Rahul Baba comes to UP and shouts "rape" "rape" to discredit the current regime. Instantly, a police officer, three doctors and eleven policemen are suspended without an iota of evidence against them !!!

Autopsy later shows there was no rape :hitwall:

Why doesn't he fight the case in the court? The AIIMS' autonomy does not go beyond the court. Once the court rules in his favor, the institute will be forced to take him in. And further on he can even sue the institute for the lost honor.

Back
Top Bottom