What's new

Man as Beast - India

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see from this they are clearly not begging, they are working and earning with self respect.

Things will improve in this decade, Govt is giving aid to these guys to buy autos and all.

Every year Govt. spends lots of money on these programs.

01-POD-may-day-IndiaInk-blog480.jpg

We read day after day about the miracle that is India. Names of Indian billionaires are touted here as showpiece of Indian economic might. Bollywood dazzles with pretty faces to give India a makeup. However the the truth, the real truth is that 100s of millions of hungry Indian's live in wretched conditions in the largest democracy in the world. I just read a thread here about the remarkable progress made by India in poverty reduction when the truth is that just numbers are being rehashed to paint pretty picture. Magic of Slumdog to millionaire in express time. This mass of billion plus coiled humanity writhing in ugliness, starvation and lack of any indigenous culture save what has been thrust on them by various outside invaders mostly of Muslim extraction or what they can claim by way of pelf from the cradle of human civilization in the region that is now Pakistan or Indus basin.

However my low opinion of India plummeted to depths that I was shocked by when I came across by accident a article on "human beasts of burden". Wondering what I am talking about? Well can you imagine if value of a human was so reduced that his existance was equated to that a of a donkey? Yes, I am talking about Rickshaw Pullers. These guys below:-

rickshaw_puller_kolkata_trip_tarun_chandel_photoblog.jpg

India Rickshaw puller.

images

Rickshaw pullers wait for customers on a street in Kolkata, India.

rickshaw_flooding_quer.jpg

Rickshaw pullers in monsoon season, India.

india_1923269i.jpg

Indian rickshaw pullers wade through logged water during heavy shower in eastern Indian city of Kolkatta, India.

bs1.jpg

61370,xcitefun-s8gazcrwazkns55ulxf.jpg

Link > Indian rickshaw puller - Google Search

When I came across these Indian's, humans going as "beasts" I struggled to juxtapose this reality with the daily peddling of India this, India that, India rising, India shining, India Mars, etc etc that we get from Indian's here on PDF and everywhere else. Now we all can find aspects in most countries that might be repulsive and sickening. However these "human beasts" of India are not some anomaly or aberration. No sir, these "human beasts of India" are a phenomenon and as common as holy cows in mighty India. This is inhumanity on industrial scale.

"An estimated 2 million cycle rickshaws ply the roads in India. The exact number may be far greater as there are no reliable records available, but the cycle rickshaw industry provides instant employment to unskilled migrants in urban and semi-urban areas"

"As of now, an estimated 600,000 cycle rickshaws ply the roads of Delhi and provide direct employment opportunities to more than a million migrant workers"

Pedaling for Bread: Rickshaw Pullers of Delhi Struggle for a Living - Ritimo

As can be seen this is a phenomenon in India. Two million cycle rickshaws with six hundred thousand in New Delhi alone. That is not some isolated examples. Bangladesh also is afflicted by this curse however I focus on India because I rarely get Bengali's bragging about their superpower status and wealth all the while looking on Pakistan as the basketcase.

Which reminds me Pakistan,the country Indians love calling failed, banned cycle rickshaws in 1949, yes 1949. That is 66 years ago Pakistan decided that these were below human dignity and within 2 years of independance in 1947 Pakistan made these illegal. That is I guess one aspect why Pakistan is failed because we did away with "human beasts" in 1949.

Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search

To my eyes there is something disgusting in having a human being used as a donkey. I know Indian's are going to give examples of this in Europe but those are tourist stunts. In India these "human beasts" are not novelties but serve as regular transport. I conclude that in India society has inequity in it's very dna and furthermore there is no concept of dignity of man. Also it tells me that for millions of Indians poverty is such a threat that they resort to performing functions that our forefathers relegated to animals.

In short what Pakistan did away with back in 1949 is still going strong in mighty India in 2015.

India to replace 'inhumane' rickshaws with e-ricks - Telegraph

When you take this ugly reality of India in then it becomes easier to understand about the hidous poverty ( with starved numbering almost to the entire population of Pakistan ) and how many Indian's are allowed to still starve to death. I think the world should put pressure on India to stop this inhuman practice as that does not even fit in 20th century let alone 21st century.

No one starves in India. The poor drink, get sick and die - Firstpost

@Indus Falcon @ @Providence @Daneshmand @Shamain @Solomon2 @Shotgunner51 @AndrewJin

Caveat: I have been "threatened" by Indian's for exposing this inhuman practice. The threat was to let PDF know that I I am 52 years old, divorced man. I refuse to being blackmailed thus I am outing some aspects of my personal life since I don't find anything to be ashamed of.

*I would ask the mods to redact this thread if any contents are not acceptable rather than deleting the thread.The contents of this thread are facts. Yes they may not paint a very apealing picture of India but this is the reality behind the big talk given by Indians. I cannot understand why PDF would want to act like a censor for India's public relations office.

131126087_11n.jpg

Priyanka, 3, an Indian slum girl breaks stones next to her siblings on the banks of the river Mahananda in the north-eastern Indian city of Siliguri August 29, 2004. Priyanka earns 150 rupees ($3) a week. Over 400 million people in India live below the internationally agreed poverty line (living on less than US per day). According to estimates, several hundred thousand children work as labourers and beg on the streets in India.
India-poverty

131126076_11n.jpg

Rina Kumari Sahani, 5, an Indian slum girl, breaks stones next to her siblings on the banks of the Mahananda river in the northeastern Indian city of Siliguri, September 2, 2004. Rina helps her family break stones. The family earns 700 rupees ($15.10) between them every three to four weeks for a truckload of stones. Over 400 million people in India live below the internationally agreed poverty line (living on less than . per day). According to estimates, several hundred thousand children work as labourers and beg on the streets in India.

India-poverty

Should'nt it be better if the discussion is centered on how to eradicate this vicious poverty cycle that engulfs the whole region than posting pics of misery ? I mean we all know South Asia is one of the poorest regions of the world.. Is there a need to post such pics to emphasize what is already known

Should'nt it be better if the discussion is centered on how to eradicate this vicious poverty cycle that engulfs the whole region than posting pics of misery ? I mean we all know South Asia is one of the poorest regions of the world.. Is there a need to post such pics to emphasize what is already known
No fun in that :enjoy:

We read day after day about the miracle that is India. Names of Indian billionaires are touted here as showpiece of Indian economic might. Bollywood dazzles with pretty faces to give India a makeup. However the the truth, the real truth is that 100s of millions of hungry Indian's live in wretched conditions in the largest democracy in the world. I just read a thread here about the remarkable progress made by India in poverty reduction when the truth is that just numbers are being rehashed to paint pretty picture. Magic of Slumdog to millionaire in express time. This mass of billion plus coiled humanity writhing in ugliness, starvation and lack of any indigenous culture save what has been thrust on them by various outside invaders mostly of Muslim extraction or what they can claim by way of pelf from the cradle of human civilization in the region that is now Pakistan or Indus basin.

However my low opinion of India plummeted to depths that I was shocked by when I came across by accident a article on "human beasts of burden". Wondering what I am talking about? Well can you imagine if value of a human was so reduced that his existance was equated to that a of a donkey? Yes, I am talking about Rickshaw Pullers. These guys below:-

rickshaw_puller_kolkata_trip_tarun_chandel_photoblog.jpg

India Rickshaw puller.

images

Rickshaw pullers wait for customers on a street in Kolkata, India.

rickshaw_flooding_quer.jpg

Rickshaw pullers in monsoon season, India.

india_1923269i.jpg

Indian rickshaw pullers wade through logged water during heavy shower in eastern Indian city of Kolkatta, India.

bs1.jpg

61370,xcitefun-s8gazcrwazkns55ulxf.jpg

Link > Indian rickshaw puller - Google Search

When I came across these Indian's, humans going as "beasts" I struggled to juxtapose this reality with the daily peddling of India this, India that, India rising, India shining, India Mars, etc etc that we get from Indian's here on PDF and everywhere else. Now we all can find aspects in most countries that might be repulsive and sickening. However these "human beasts" of India are not some anomaly or aberration. No sir, these "human beasts of India" are a phenomenon and as common as holy cows in mighty India. This is inhumanity on industrial scale.

"An estimated 2 million cycle rickshaws ply the roads in India. The exact number may be far greater as there are no reliable records available, but the cycle rickshaw industry provides instant employment to unskilled migrants in urban and semi-urban areas"

"As of now, an estimated 600,000 cycle rickshaws ply the roads of Delhi and provide direct employment opportunities to more than a million migrant workers"

Pedaling for Bread: Rickshaw Pullers of Delhi Struggle for a Living - Ritimo

As can be seen this is a phenomenon in India. Two million cycle rickshaws with six hundred thousand in New Delhi alone. That is not some isolated examples. Bangladesh also is afflicted by this curse however I focus on India because I rarely get Bengali's bragging about their superpower status and wealth all the while looking on Pakistan as the basketcase.

Which reminds me Pakistan,the country Indians love calling failed, banned cycle rickshaws in 1949, yes 1949. That is 66 years ago Pakistan decided that these were below human dignity and within 2 years of independance in 1947 Pakistan made these illegal. That is I guess one aspect why Pakistan is failed because we did away with "human beasts" in 1949.

Lakeland Ledger - Google News Archive Search

To my eyes there is something disgusting in having a human being used as a donkey. I know Indian's are going to give examples of this in Europe but those are tourist stunts. In India these "human beasts" are not novelties but serve as regular transport. I conclude that in India society has inequity in it's very dna and furthermore there is no concept of dignity of man. Also it tells me that for millions of Indians poverty is such a threat that they resort to performing functions that our forefathers relegated to animals.

In short what Pakistan did away with back in 1949 is still going strong in mighty India in 2015.

India to replace 'inhumane' rickshaws with e-ricks - Telegraph

When you take this ugly reality of India in then it becomes easier to understand about the hidous poverty ( with starved numbering almost to the entire population of Pakistan ) and how many Indian's are allowed to still starve to death. I think the world should put pressure on India to stop this inhuman practice as that does not even fit in 20th century let alone 21st century.

No one starves in India. The poor drink, get sick and die - Firstpost

@Indus Falcon @ @Providence @Daneshmand @Shamain @Solomon2 @Shotgunner51 @AndrewJin

Caveat: I have been "threatened" by Indian's for exposing this inhuman practice. The threat was to let PDF know that I I am 52 years old, divorced man. I refuse to being blackmailed thus I am outing some aspects of my personal life since I don't find anything to be ashamed of.

*I would ask the mods to redact this thread if any contents are not acceptable rather than deleting the thread.The contents of this thread are facts. Yes they may not paint a very apealing picture of India but this is the reality behind the big talk given by Indians. I cannot understand why PDF would want to act like a censor for India's public relations office.
Heights of jealousy:lol:. You have created this thread just because of you have read something positive on India yesterday at :pdf:

No fun in that :enjoy:

This may sound condescending but coming from a developed country I find it hilarious how some posters here go on pic warsto show who is better.. The whole region is at the bottom of any development table but is not short of dick measuring contests.. It's like two street bums fighting over who has better shoes.. :lol:

Indian IT (Information technology) Parks\
Bangalore.png

vrindivan01.jpg

Pakistan IT (International terrorism) Park

2877944749_1c1e9dbbca.jpg

Any Indian friends here can tell me how much a rickshaw puller can make in average?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom