What's new

Malaysian airline plans Pakistan operations

Muhammad Omar

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE: A Malaysian airline is going to start its operations in Pakistan from March, Malaysian High Commissioner to Pakistan Hasrul Sani Mujtabar disclosed on Monday, as part of increased people-to-people and business-to-business contacts between two countries.

During his visit to the Punjab Board of Investment and Trade (PBIT), the ambassador encouraged the Pakistani business community to participate in a conference in Pangkor Island in September and in the Malaysian International Halal Expo 2016, which he said was expected to bring together businesses from across the globe.

Mr Mujtabar said he would also meet Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif today and discuss ways to realise the full trade potential.

He said the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) would open up various opportunities and Malaysia wanted to be a part of this new era of economic development in Pakistan.

“Apart from China and Turkey, Pakistan should also focus on the potential of Asean (Association of Southeast Asian Nations),” he said.

The Malaysian ambassador said media could play a pivotal role in changing the perception and bringing closer the business community of both countries.

Speaking on the occasion, PBIT Chairman Abdul Basit said CPEC would not only benefit Pakistan and China, but also unleash the countless opportunities for other countries as well.

Malaysian Airline all set to start its operations in Pakistan
Malaysia wants to be a part of new era of economic development in Pakistan, Malaysian Envoy
Malaysian High Commissioner to Pakistan H.E. Datuk Dr. Hasrul Sani Mujtaba along with President Pakistan Malaysia Cooperation Forum, SH. M. S Babar called on the Chairman PBIT, Mr. Abdul Basit today.
Chairman PBIT, Mr. Abdul Basit said that China Pakistan Economic Corridor is a $46billion project which will not only benefit Pakistan and China but also unleash the countless opportunities for countries around the globe. Trade events and delegation exchanges are the best ways to enhance the economic ties and to establish people to people contact, he added. He further said “low cost housing, education, health, tourism and agriculture particularly wheat, oil seeds, corn are the major areas where both countries can collaborate. He said “Pakistan has state of the art slaughter houses and food processing/ treatment units.
H.E. Dr. Hasrul Sani Mujtaba suggested PBIT to encourage the Pakistani business community to participate in the upcoming conference in Pangkor Island in September and in the Malaysian International Halal Expo 2016 which is expected to bring together the businesses from across the globe. H.E. Mujtaba said that he will be visiting Chief Minister Punjab tomorrow wherein he intends to bring this fact to his attention that Pakistan and Malaysia have huge potential which needs to be translated into reality. CPEC project will open up tremendous amount of opportunities and Malaysia wants to be a part of this new era of economic development in Pakistan. He said “apart from China and Turkey Pakistan should also focus on the potential of ASEAN”. H.E. apprised that a Malaysian airline is going to start its operations in Pakistan from March this year.
H.E. said that media can play a pivotal role in changing the perception and bringing closer the business community of both countries.

12705234_1073710152681805_4768124905828824209_n.jpg

12743967_1073710222681798_4594397542902248167_n.jpg

12662455_1073710266015127_4344479936645887607_n.jpg

12742559_1073710306015123_5387770078532492276_n.jpg

Present govt already gave over 250 routes to Arabs countries. Now more routes are given to other countries. Imagine if PIA avail all these routes , that will be a fleet of almost 200 planes. Provide employment hundreds of youth.

PIA has failed due to lack of ambition in buying planes in 90's they had policy of just enough planes and that failed

Good news as this will be a direct flight hopefully to Lahore/Karachi/Islamabad from UK (I doubt it but lets see).

PIA failed due living in 1980s era and poor service quality and no respect for their customers both on plane and off plane.

Present govt already gave over 250 routes to Arabs countries. Now more routes are given to other countries. Imagine if PIA avail all these routes , that will be a fleet of almost 200 planes. Provide employment hundreds of youth.

from where these 200 Plane would have come from?? there were only 15-17 planes operational in 2013 now after leasing some we have 38 planes and 19500 employee working :P

1 plane has more then 500+ employee :D :D

MAS WAS OPERATING TIL 2009-10 THEY SHUT DOWN ALL OPERATIONS AFTERWARDS

MAS WAS OPERATING TIL 2009-10 THEY SHUT DOWN ALL OPERATIONS AFTERWARDS
They started few months back from KL to Karachi Only.

Here they are talking about is Malindo air line which is a JV between Malaysia and Indonesia. it will start from 3rd march. i think. But its more expensive than Thai and Pia. though its LCC airline.

Some unprofitable routes were given to Turkish Airline. What routes are you talking about? or is it another Iranian motivated trollfest?

Some unprofitable routes were given to Turkish Airline. What routes are you talking about? or is it another Iranian motivated trollfest?
O please ....do some research first...another Pakistani lost in sectarianism ....

O please ....do some research first...another Pakistani lost in sectarianism ....
googling is considered as research, that's a news for me. Please correct me on other airlines snatching business from PIA. AFAIK, at the moment only Thai Air and Turkish Air are working in collaboration with PIA by operating on the routes outsourced to them. If there is another one with Gulf airlines, I'll be glad to be corrected.

from where these 200 Plane would have come from?? there were only 15-17 planes operational in 2013 now after leasing some we have 38 planes and 19500 employee working :P

1 plane has more then 500+ employee :D :D
So, before 13 planes divide by 19,500 is somewhere around 1500 employee per plane. And now 513 employee per plane. Its not bad average if I take your number. Then what's the issue ? . 500 employee per plane is close to international standard. One of US carrier name United Airline also has same average .....If I take your word, then PIA has huge capacity of generating more business.

So, before 13 planes divide by 19,500 is somewhere around 1500 employee per plane. And now 513 employee per plane. Its not bad average if I take your number. Then what's the issue ? . 500 employee per plane is close to international standard. One of US carrier name United Airline also has same average .....If I take your word, then PIA has huge capacity of generating more business.
All I am saying is that you can correct me by pointing out the airlines of arab countries using PIA's routes.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom