What's new

Malaysia - Tanjung Piai National Park

Sedqal

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guys, Yesterday I went to Tanjung Piai a national park in Malaysia locate at the southern-most end. You can see Indonesia and Singapore from here. Malacca straits are in front of you.

Tanjung Piai is a mangrove forest (coastal swamp). Mangrove forests are immensely important for natural order, you can read the details here > Mangrove - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the structure, the whole building and pathways are made of wood, the pathways are about 2.5 km which go deep in the mangrove woods and at three places move through the ocean (like peers). The place is beautiful, I've been visiting commercial sites till now and it came as breath of fresh air.

This trip also allowed me to observe the peaceful villages along the way and lots of palm tree plantations (palm oil is one of the major exports in Malaysia).

Some pictures - enjoy:

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_206.jpg

On the way

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_208.jpg

Found a unique house in village

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_211.jpg

At the southernmost point in Mainland Asia

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_219.jpg

Outside the main building, water reaches upto here in high tide

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_223.jpg

Fauna and flora of Mangrove forests

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_225.jpg

from main building to pathways

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_227.jpg

Opening to Forest

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_234.jpg

Mangrove forest starts

^^^ @Sedqal mate put Those picture links in Picture Code so it becomes visible here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Dang! uploading multi images is a drag - that too with a limit of 8 pics :P] Rest of the pics:

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_236.jpg

First view of Sea

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_238.jpg

Wooden planks going through the sea, Sea water touched our feet when a big wave went by

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_244.jpg

old pathway was destroyed by sea water, on the left

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_253.jpg

Highway to heaven (most pics are like this, I LOVED IT, its like walking through a wallpaper :cheesy:

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_286.jpg

Some fishes lay their eggs here then move back to ocean

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_287.jpg

local trees

^^^ @Sedqal mate put Those picture links in Picture Code so it becomes visible here.

Obliged :D

Last two pics

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_288.jpg

local trees

Trip_to_Tanjung_Piai_289.jpg

local trees

You can see ships moving toward Johar post and Singapore port. Some 20 to 30 ports were there. Not visible from pictures but water changed its color to dark blue about a kilometer off the coat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom