What's new

Mahant Swami Ji Maharaj in Grand Mosque UAE with president.

LOL! Who cares? How they began doesn't matter. There was no Vedanta when Vedas were written. Should I call Vedanta a bogus cult? No, Adharva veda came much later from Rig Veda, gap is hundreds of years, but they are not bogus either.

You don't have simple questions, rather you don't have questions at all. You simply claim things as if you're authority of something. That's why I asked since when you get to decide what's right and wrong.

Swaminarayan falls under Vedantic school with more reliance to Vyshnavites.

not my words I quote swami Sivananda web site

{quote}Hindu philosophy is not mere speculation or guesswork. It is lofty, sublime, unique, and systematic. It is based on mystic spiritual experience, or Authoritative Witness:

The seers, sages and Rishis who had direct, intuitive perception of the Truth are the founders of the different philosophical systems in India.

The different schools of philosophy are all based on the Śrutis or the Vedas, directly or indirectly. Those who have studied carefully the Upanishads will find that the revelations of the Śruti (Vedas) are in harmony with the conclusions of philosophy.

The Orthodox and the Heterodox Systems of Indian Philosophy

The six systems of Indian philosophy or the Shad-Darśanas are the six orthodox systems of philosophy. They are the 6 ways of looking at the Truth. These are:

1. The Nyāya
2. The Vaiśeṣika
3. The Sānkhya
4. The Yoga
5. The Pūrva Mimāṁsa
6. The Uttara-Mimāṁsa or The Vedanta." [unquote]

http://philosophy.redzambala.com/religious-philosophy/6-schools-hindu-philosophy-shivananda.html

among the above 6 , Vedanta is the most popular system base on the Vedas, upanishads and Brahma sutra in defining the relationship between god (brahman) atman (individual soul) and universe.

Based on the definition of the relation between the 3, the 5 different schools of Vedanta philosophy are :
{quote}
  • Dvaita: the dualistic school, main exponent is Madhava.
  • Bheda Abheda or Dvaita Advaita: the founder is Nimbarka.
  • Vishista Advaita: the founder is Ramanuja
  • Shudh Advaita: the founder is Vallabha.
  • Kevala Advaita: the founder is Sankaracharya. Kevala Advaita is usually referred to simply as Advaita, and it is this school that is meant when people say ‘Advaita’.{unquote}
http://www.advaitayoga.org/advaitayogaarticles/vedantaschools.html

you claim swaminarayan (see your highlighted text) belong to vedantic school , I am asking which of the above 5 does swaminarayan belong to, thank you

Last edited:
you claim swaminarayan (see your highlighted text) belong to vedantic school , I am asking which of the above 5 does swaminarayan belong to, thank you
You are asking now. But what happened to your claim that they do not belong to any school? Why are you shifting goal post? :lol: Google more dum dum. It's good you are reading. But not up to the mark.

Oh yes your question, they adhere to Advaita Vedanta to be more specific they follow, Vishistadvaita proposed by Ramanuja, hence I said this. See the highlighted part below and you are welcome.

Swaminarayan falls under Vedantic school with more reliance to Vyshnavites.

You are asking now. But what happened to your claim that they do not belong to any school? Why are you shifting goal post? :lol: Google more dum dum. It's good you are reading. But not up to the mark.

Oh yes your question, they adhere to Advaita Vedanta to be more specific they follow, Vishistadvaita proposed by Ramanuja, hence I said this. See the highlighted part below and you are welcome.

Ramanuja (including his predecessors and successors) was a critical opponent of Sankara's advaita , labeled Sankara as crypto buddhist. How is it possible for swaminarayan to follow 2 contradicting schools ?

Following on from Yamunacarya, his disciple Sri Ramanuja (1017-1137 CE) also concurred that Mayavada was another form of Buddhism. In his Sri Bhashya commentary on the Vedanta-sutras, Ramanuja says that to claim that non-differentiated consciousness is real and all else is false is the same as the Buddhist concept of universal void. Furthermore, Ramanuja states that the concepts of such crypto-Buddhists make a mockery of the teachings of the Vedas (veda-vadacchadma pracchana-bauddha).

Another acarya in the line of Ramanuja, Vedanta Desika (1269–1370) wrote his famous Sata-dusini, a text expounding one hundred flaws found in Mayavada. In that work he refers to Sankara as a rahu-mimamsaka (one who obscures the true meaning of Vedanta), a bhrama-bhiksu (a confused beggar), a cadmavesa-dhari – one who is disguised in false garb, and goes on to assert that, “By memorizing the arguments of the Sata-dusini like a parrot, one would be victorious over the crypto-Buddhists.”

https://hinduism.stackexchange.com/...racchana-bauddha-crypto-buddhist-by-many-veda

The Life of Sri Ramanujacarya

Like Madhvacarya, Ramanuja was born during a time when Sankara's advaita-vedanta had become a dominant philosophical force. In Sankara's advaita-vedanta ultimate reality is impersonal and devoid of qualities (nirguna). Advaita-vedanta in effect subordinated the personal God of the Vaisnavas to this impersonal reality. The Alvars and the acaryas, on the other hand, could not accept that ultimate reality was impersonal and devoid of qualities. Ramanuja's mission was, therefore, to diminish Sankara's teaching and to establish, on stronger logical foundations, the philosophy of Sri Vaisnavism. This was done primarily on the basis of the Upanisads, Bhagavad-gita and the Vedanta-sutras.

https://alwarsandacharyas.blogspot.com/2007/02/peria-nambi_02.html

Last edited:
Mahant Swami ji maharaj maharaj lives and all gurus of this tradition lives near my town just 10 km away in a small village called salang pur.

Kalam Saheb also used to visit it to seek the blessing of his guru Shree pramukh Swami ji maharaj. Kalam sir has written a book on same name Transcendence my spiritual experience with Shree Pramukh Swami ji maharaj.

https://images.app.goo.gl/j8ghbgSzpR9thJQbA

upload_2019-6-5_9-45-36.jpeg

upload_2019-6-5_9-46-33.jpeg

upload_2019-6-5_9-48-5.jpeg

Abrahamic religions are becoming irrelevant in 21st century
I honestly don't think so. Abrahamic religions (Judaism & Christianity) is still relevant. Western civilization's core principles are Christian or Judeo-Christian. I don't believe there is a largescale revival of Hinduism and people are excited to see RSS Hinduism gaining an upper hand. Some white Europeans who are lacking weed and powders visiting Himalayas isn't equal to world embracing Hinduism.

There is no multiculturalism. West needs manpower, they are having it. They day China fell, will be the day that west will kickout all coloured skins, even white non-Europeans will not be spared.
Remember a term : natural citizen, that already been used in the context of jihadi women, non-white-European returning to Europe.
They haven't kicked out African-Americans. Why do you think they will kick out browns?

I honestly don't think so. Abrahamic religions (Judaism & Christianity) is still relevant. Western civilization's core principles are Christian or Judeo-Christian. I don't believe there is a largescale revival of Hinduism and people are excited to see RSS Hinduism gaining an upper hand. Some white Europeans who are lacking weed and powders visiting Himalayas isn't equal to world embracing Hinduism.

What you need to understand is that one religion can not survive in 21st century only on the basis of some old commandments and bible stories. For anything to remain relevant, it should add beauty, peace and enlightenment to an individual's life. Almost all christians have left Christianity now. Some have become atheist and some are attracted to Hinduism or any other religion. And what is RSS hinduism? I have never heard of that.
Millions of westerners are practicing Yoga in west, millions are associated sai baba or ISKON. They feel that this add value to their life and so millions are coming . I have never said that all are becoming Hindus but more and more people in wast are getting attracted to Hinduism and it is a fact.

Almost all christians have left Christianity now
No. Not true. Christianity is a growing religion. Like the way, you are excited as a fanatic rightwing Hindu about RSS driven Hinduism, Christians are also very proud of their faith. We are proud monotheists. We don't see Hinduism as an attraction. Our hopes are pagans leaving their polytheism embracing one true god. The ideologies of Savarkar and Golwalkar whom taught you that Abrahamic religions are enemy of Hindus. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tically/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6a93ea81e6b7

No. Not true. Christianity is a growing religion. Like the way, you are excited as a fanatic rightwing Hindu about RSS driven Hinduism, Christians are also very proud of their faith. We are proud monotheists. We don't see Hinduism as an attraction. Our hopes are pagans leaving their polytheism embracing one true god. The ideologies of Savarkar and Golwalkar whom taught you that Abrahamic religions are enemy of Hindus. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tically/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6a93ea81e6b7

Your understanding of Hinduism and your knowledge of the subject is visible from your comments in which you repeatedly quote RSS, Golwalkar ect and term it fanatic. I have never used that anywhere in my post nor I know what is RSS Hinduism. I asked you a simple question in previous post "What is RSS hinduism?" to which you didn't answer.
If you have any argument than you are well come. If you want to vent your frustration, choose some other thread. Many Chinese and Pakistanis who are alike you will support you.

Ramanuja (including his predecessors and successors) was a critical opponent of Sankara's advaita , labeled Sankara as crypto buddhist. How is it possible for swaminarayan to follow 2 contradicting schools ?
LOL! another pathetic attempt by a loser. :enjoy:You keep coming back for more. Ok.

Here's your pattern, at first you said Swaminarayan is not real, they are a bogus cult. Because they don't belong to any school and tried to discredit them. Then when I said they belonged to Advaita vedanta branch, you googled and couldn't find anything in relation to that.

You came up with an essay to prove your point, then when I specifically pointed it out, you tried to discredit Advaita vedanta. Hey, loser, what's next? Try and discredit Vedas and Upanishads.

On your revelation that Advaita Vedanta is crypto Buddhism, now Adi Sankara was responsible for the decline of Buddhism after a series of debates that followed. Not going into detail, similarly, Upanishads themselves discredit Vedas try to put forward alternate theories w.r.t Vedas. Buddha himself a Vedanti, well versed in all vedas and Upanishads, more like Buddha was a crypto vedanti (not my words, it's from the link you posted):lol:

I asked 2 simple questions, 1)when was this cult established 2) their origins - to whom do the trace their roots e.g Adi Sankara etc ..
manlion too too rehene dee yaar . moh mat khulwa mera , dho daloonga sawal pooch pooch ke , and i have answers to all your questions . perhaps i can answer everyone if you debate about religion fake or true . i dont know how such a religious post is being allowed on PDF because some senior member told me few days back that one cannot discuss religion on PDF . hey seniors ? what is happening here ?

They haven't kicked outa African-Americans. Why do you think they will kick out browns?
I am talking about Europe. By kicking out I don't kickout, I mean this massive immigration policy will end.

Back
Top Bottom