What's new

Made in PMA [ Pakistan Military Academy ]

Can i join Pak Army as an officer ? I am confused because my knees touch each other while i am standing straight. Is there any chance
or any exercise ?

Wanted to know whether weak eyesight is a problem? My eyesight is negative 4 both eyes but I can see nearly alright using specs.

i have couple of questions, im in last year of Bachelors(Software Engineering) and im 22 years old, can i join Pak Army after BS?
What about the initial test? is the syllabus same for FSC students and Graduate students who are applying for long course?
Will they still put me in Engg. Core after long course because ive done BS in Engineering?
Thanks in Advance

i have couple of questions, im in last year of Bachelors(Software Engineering) and im 22 years old, can i join Pak Army after BS?
What about the initial test? is the syllabus same for FSC students and Graduate students who are applying for long course?
Will they still put me in Engg. Core after long course because ive done BS in Engineering?
Thanks in Advance

There are two options
1- fighting arms, you will apply for graduate course, initial test will include very small portion of BS syllabus and rest will be psychiatrist’s tests. ISSB is the same no matter what. After clearing you will join PMA for a year.

2- Support arms, you will apply for DSSC, initials will include BS syllabus. ISSB will be same. After clearing you will join PMA for 6 months. After that you will get commission as Captain. You will not fight rather support them in signals corps

@Oscar @Signalian @DESERT FIGHTER I have a question about career progression in the armed forces. First of all, can you refer me to reading material on this subject? Secondly, what are the criterion on which soldiers are promoted? Passing of service years is one. What else?

@Oscar @Signalian @DESERT FIGHTER I have a question about career progression in the armed forces. First of all, can you refer me to reading material on this subject? Secondly, what are the criterion on which soldiers are promoted? Passing of service years is one. What else?
In short,
OEI = Officer Efficiency Index

75+ is excellent (Career officer)
70-75+ is Good
below 70 is Average

Soldiers have different criteria, mostly do 16-18 years of service and then leave Army

cameras allowed in pma or not?
everything is allowed, as long as you don't get caught

Can i join Pak Army as an officer ? I am confused because my knees touch each other while i am standing straight. Is there any chance
or any exercise ?
For knee knock/flat foot candidates:

Appeal to medical Board can be made, usually the result comes out in favor.

Read advertisements, some mention it as yes, Military can be joined.
What about the initial test?
Used to be Fsc level Maths, Physics and English.
is the syllabus same for FSC students and Graduate students who are applying for long course?
Yes

Thanks in Advance
Engineering Corps is composed Civil Engineers. Read about MCE, Risalpur.

hey guys can anybody tell me whats the penalty for a gc who cant complete the mile in the 6 mins?
No Out-pass
No weekend pass
No leave.

What's the worst you can imagine? Now multiply it by 32, throw in a big pack, a service cane and a drill staff and you have a remote idea of the least that can happen to a GC who fails to complete his mile in less than 6 minutes repeatedly.
This part depends solely upon decision of Platoon Commander.

I heard that criteria for entering Armoured Corps after passing out , Is higher/special?! Why is that?
Unit selection preference:

1. Owning a unit from father, grandfather (both sides), uncle (both sides) etc, gets the unit.
2. 2 X GC's owning same unit. (son/grand son etc of higher rank officer gets preference, son/grandson etc of officer gets preference Vs son/grandson of OR/NCO/JCO)
3. Armor units are very less in number. Artillery are more in number and infantry numbers even higher.
4. 2 x options of fighting arms and 1 x option of supporting arm has to be given.
5. Usually First 10 ranking in the course get unit of choice, but not always.
6. Not every unit requires intake of an officer every 6 months.

In short,

70-75+ is Good
below 70 is Average

Soldiers have different criteria, mostly do 16-18 years of service and then leave Army

But what are the components of this Officer Efficiency Index?

But what are the components of this Officer Efficiency Index?
Reports made by CO hold the most weightage at start of career. For this the cadets select the units raised most recently and not older units, especially if the older units have too many Babas (generals) sitting at the top who then influence the CO's to give A-graded reports to their favs or sons of chums. The others receive B, sheer bad luck.
Then comes the courses, starting with Basic course (YO's) and over the career many different courses. Duration spent in hard area. Staff course. Side by side all the Command and staff positions held.

830FDAED-2B04-4D62-861B-4930C7242734.jpeg

That's what I've heard from my Brother's friend. Who's a Major.

i do have some friends who were there. And according to them, constructive punishments are the part of their training. There is nothing like this. Dont come up with these BS stories on this forum if you dont have background knowledge.

In short,

70-75+ is Good
below 70 is Average

everything is allowed, as long as you don't get caught

For knee knock/flat foot candidates:

Appeal to medical Board can be made, usually the result comes out in favor.

Read advertisements, some mention it as yes, Military can be joined.

Used to be Fsc level Maths, Physics and English.

Yes

Engineering Corps is composed Civil Engineers. Read about MCE, Risalpur.

No Out-pass
No weekend pass
No leave.

This part depends solely upon decision of Platoon Commander.

Unit selection preference:

1. Owning a unit from father, grandfather (both sides), uncle (both sides) etc, gets the unit.
2. 2 X GC's owning same unit. (son/grand son etc of higher rank officer gets preference, son/grandson etc of officer gets preference Vs son/grandson of OR/NCO/JCO)
3. Armor units are very less in number. Artillery are more in number and infantry numbers even higher.
4. 2 x options of fighting arms and 1 x option of supporting arm has to be given.
5. Usually First 10 ranking in the course get unit of choice, but not always.
6. Not every unit requires intake of an officer every 6 months.
I have a question regarding joining pma lc or dssc after graduation and at the age of 22 years.
Is it a wise decision to join pma lc at 22/23, pass out at 25 and join my father's unit (71 PR) or is dssc (icto) a better option given my age?
Secondly, my father's coursemate (from signals) informed me that ictos at the moment are not promoted to higher ranks and given important posts (for eg cc signals) and the highest they can reach is Brigadier. What are your thoughts about this?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom