What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Mahindra Formula E

m_1119538_1401989360_0_755.jpeg

s1_1.jpg

s1_1.jpg

Successful shakedown for Karun Chandhok and Mahindra Formula E team

Taking part in the first ever shakedown for the 10 Formula E teams, Mahindra Racing drivers Bruno Senna and Karun Chandhok completed various system checks during the day’s running.

Mahindra Formula E driver Karun Chandhok labelled the new all-electric racer "intriguing" after his first experience of the car at Donington Park this week.

Chandhok shared the car with team-mate Bruno Senna, and following some early teething troubles completed its shakedown despite wet weather conditions.

"It was a very interesting day," said Chandhok. "Driving a new car is always exciting but driving something so different made it really intriguing.

"It felt a bit weird in the cockpit, like driving on mute! After you get out of second gear all you can hear is wind noise as the car speeds up.

"We did use the qualifying mode, and the push-to-pass, and it was pretty good. You get a real push out of the corners, maybe quicker than a Formula 3 car, because you've got all that torque.

"It's clear this series is going to be about strategy and intelligence rather than just pure driving speed.

"You could get some real hare versus tortoise strategies, and I'd say there's maybe a three to four second difference in laptime delta, so you could save battery while waiting for free air to then drive quickly.

"With the energy recovery systems and battery life you will have to think about strategy all the time.

"I think the fans are going to be impressed when they see all the cars on track."

The next Formula E test takes place at Donington at the beginning of July.

Mahindra Formula E

m_1119538_1401989360_0_755.jpeg

s1_1.jpg

s1_1.jpg

Successful shakedown for Karun Chandhok and Mahindra Formula E team
Taking part in the first ever shakedown for the 10 Formula E teams, Mahindra Racing drivers Bruno Senna and Karun Chandhok completed various system checks during the day’s running.

Mahindra Formula E driver Karun Chandhok labelled the new all-electric racer "intriguing" after his first experience of the car at Donington Park this week.

Chandhok shared the car with team-mate Bruno Senna, and following some early teething troubles completed its shakedown despite wet weather conditions.

"It was a very interesting day," said Chandhok. "Driving a new car is always exciting but driving something so different made it really intriguing.

"It felt a bit weird in the cockpit, like driving on mute! After you get out of second gear all you can hear is wind noise as the car speeds up.

"We did use the qualifying mode, and the push-to-pass, and it was pretty good. You get a real push out of the corners, maybe quicker than a Formula 3 car, because you've got all that torque.

"It's clear this series is going to be about strategy and intelligence rather than just pure driving speed.

"You could get some real hare versus tortoise strategies, and I'd say there's maybe a three to four second difference in laptime delta, so you could save battery while waiting for free air to then drive quickly.

"With the energy recovery systems and battery life you will have to think about strategy all the time.

"I think the fans are going to be impressed when they see all the cars on track."

The next Formula E test takes place at Donington at the beginning of July.
Is this built and owned by Mahindra or is just labelling?

LOL actually I am not that informed in case of formula racing. So is it Mahindra's manufacturing and the parts used in it?

Ok its a formula E team,So I don't know whether they have brought some foreign company like Engines Engineering as they did for motoGP

Is this built and owned by Mahindra or is just labelling?
LOL actually I am not that informed in case of formula racing. So is it Mahindra's manufacturing and the parts used in it?
I know how F1- the large teams build their own chassis, whilst the smaller teams outsource this to 3rd parties and the engine suppliers (Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault) provide the power units (hybrid engines). Some of the parts like the ECU and certain common safety features and sensors are built by one company and distributed to the teams.

As for Formula E I have NO idea how it works, if it is closer to F1 in the sense the teams have that level of control on their parts or whether it is more like a spec series with all the chassis and such being built by one entity and distributed to all the teams. What I do know is that the electric motors and system for all Formula E cars come from Renualt so Mahindra won't have any part in that on their cars. I guess it is a clever bit of PR for them with their Revo range and such.

Would like another Indian team on the F1 grid though and to promote more Indian drivers into the sport.

India to be Ford’s centre piece for small cars

With 60 per cent of the cars sold worldwide being compacts and sedans, “India is the centre piece for small cars” for Ford, according to Alan Mulally, President and CEO, Ford Motor Company.

More than half the cars sold globally are in the Ford Focus and Fiesta sized segment. So, the Indian customer and the company’s design team here are important.

Ford has decided its Indian operations will be the export hub. It now exports to over 50 countries and “we see that increasing over time,” he said in an interaction with media persons.

full article India to be Ford’s centre piece for small cars | Business Line

Back
Top Bottom